Unpopular opinion: WC mode will die quick

Comments

• Pughy30
    29717 posts Player of the Year
    Defenders are like πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ rockets closing you down meanwhile my R9 is taking 2 weeks to control the ball
  • fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah think im done playing it tbh
  • Nervous_Nick
    6794 posts Big Money Move
    no market, no WL = it will die quick.
  • MehmetISuarezI
    3490 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    denisdgm wrote: Β»
    I won the WC, so thats it? There is nothing else to play except Draft, which I can play with much better players in the regular FUT for the same amount of coins. If anyone lasts for more than a week playing WC mode hands down then. Only people who just started playing FUT or have bad teams in regular FUT will play this mode to try some Icons and new players as they can't afford to buy them. I can't see why would someone with full Icons/TOTS team wants to play with some base cards lol.

eee2b5e32f7208cbe04a173d05be8683.jpg

Completely wrong, I have a good team on FUT and I'd rather play this. FUT is cancer at this point and the only other mode that it has over WC mode is FUT Champs which is ****. Not everyone wants to play with rainbow cards mate some like the simplicity of things.

I am saying there is nothing to play. WC Tourney is like Online Seasons, 7 games for 15k over and over again. Draft is the same as in regular FUT and thats all. If there is something like FUT Champs with huge rewards it will be worth spending some coins on this mode.

you dont need rewards to enjoy a game mode, why not rather play it for the fun? I would take this game mode 100 times over fut champions eventough you get some nice rewards, but what do I have from nice rewards if I play the same teams over and over, the same attacking strategies aka ping pong passing and low driven shot
  • xLewangoalski9x
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks like its 1 day mode :D . Expect prices to go up in the next days.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two 90th minute goals conceded in 5 games, and about 2 dozen nutmegs.

Business as usual then.
  • Joe
    4587 posts National Call-Up
    It's boring. What's WC about it other than the kits, stadium and the design? Also, Icons link to every card no matter the continent, why? Atleast make it a bit more WC like and not the exact same as normal FUT.

Rewards are meh aswell, 15k, really? That's outdated D1 reward like from 10 years ago.

Store already down and glitchy tourny table aswell (Said I qualified from 2nd place, but I got an error when trying to play the KO's, backed out and the tourny cleared out).

Oh, the gameplay seems to be even worse than WL too.

Pure laziness from EA, typical.
  • Davisto
    6838 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly i would have launched it thesame day as the world cup starts tbh
  • MehmetISuarezI
    3490 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Davisto wrote: Β»
    Honestly i would have launched it thesame day as the world cup starts tbh

Would only be played when Iran or the saudis have a match tbf
  • munchie63
    3740 posts National Call-Up
    Idek wrote: Β»
    People are going to be bored of it before the world cup even begins lol

Agree.

Everyone seems to have a good team, which is fair enough, but its like DK and WL combined at the moment.

All the badness coming out as people want to win the tournament. So all the replays, shushing etc goes on.

2 weeks of it will be enough. Plus I'd actually rather Watch some games on tv
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I imagine as soon as people win the WC, they will feel like they completed the mode
  • GoalGiant
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    Might survive if the game had a functioning store
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    It was crap last time aswell, not sure what people expected.

Might aswell play normal FUT and use the TOTS cards you've grinded for all year.
  • CharlieC
    7425 posts League Winner
    Opened 250K worth of packs, got a great team with 2 Icons and won the tournament.

I'm bored already.

I think this is half the issue, people spank loads of coins on it in one day and are bored easily. No coin transferral would have been better.
  • I SiR MartY I
    9620 posts League Winner
    Of course it will die, its got the same dead gameplay as every other part of FIFA, especially UT.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    When you all these SBCs, drafts and everyone having millions of coins with a small player database of course it will die fast....ea screwed them selves.

It was a simple but fun game in fut 14
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Only 15k for winning...wtf
  • Pughy30
    29717 posts Player of the Year
    best part of the WC mode was how it crashed prices on regular FUT
  • Atm365
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JamesH wrote: Β»
    Lol why has everyone got star players as in the starter packs.

I got Javi Martinez lol
  • Ghazano
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All the World Cup games they release are basically just short term stop gaps between the yearly releases. It's just once every four years.
  • Professor
    3551 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: Β»
    best part of the WC mode was how it crashed prices on regular FUT

Yes for real. I sold expensive player about a month ago that are going for 1/3 now. Will build my ending squad with low prices
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Hardcore players with stacked teams will go back to normal fut, while casual players will stick with this mode, just because you can actually get an ultimate team from playing the game.

Servers are getting hammered at the moment, so it's difficult to say if the gameplay has changed, it's on dedicated servers. I'll be happy playing this mode for the rest of Fifa 18, prefer knockout football. It's also not that easy to get your perfect team, I've spent 500k, missing lots of elite players.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Been saying this all along. Was boring last time and it will be boring this time.

DKO on repeat with untradeables and no progression
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: Β»
    Hardcore players with stacked teams will go back to normal fut, while casual players will stick with this mode, just because you can actually get an ultimate team from playing the game.

Servers are getting hammered at the moment, so it's difficult to say if the gameplay has changed, it's on dedicated servers. I'll be happy playing this mode for the rest of Fifa 18, prefer knockout football. It's also not that easy to get your perfect team, I've spent 500k, missing lots of elite players.

500k on Normal FUT would of got you 4 Icons, Blanc and Del Piero included
  • Byrnzie28
    edited May 2018
    If you play the offline games then every match is ultra-high pressure, with Pro feeling like Legendary on steroids, and Legendary feeling like playing Ultimate level with a bronze team against Real Madrid, and with all the accompanying BS to go with it.

I'n 6 matches I've conceded three 90th min goals, been bundled over 3 times in the penalty area without a penalty being awarded, and been nutmegged at least 30 times.

It's like they've taken every one of the problems with the game play and exaggerated them.

At least it's a good reminder of why I'm not buying FIFA 19.
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    To be honest, I like the tournament aspect of it. Since we only have 2 a week on FUT, I can see playing FWCUT a lot more because of it
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    Player 11 games, won the "World Cup" and I have a super team after opening like 25 packs.

I'm done with it.
  • Byrnzie28
    At least we get packs for playing matches, which is a great idea, and something that should be applied across FUT.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Had they made it 35k for winning or something like, it would be a good alternative to normal FUT.

Right now this mode feels like the demo compared to the proper game
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They would have to reset everyone's accounts on FIFA and refund any FIFA points and coins in order to sort out this mess. Literally people have completed a mode that should've been fun over a couple of months in 2 hours... The pack weight is so stupid and no one realised how it's just ruined it