The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    I think the general consensus is 🎃🎃🎃🎃 the Prem lounge.. even if we did a Leicester I’d still never enter that dump
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    From what I’ve heard from the other mods that lounge is a better place now than it used to be. The users who used to be a problem are no longer on the forums. Obviously it’ll still be full of ‘fans’ who couldn’t identify the city their team plays in on a map.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    Remember what I was saying about the Friends of Fulham forum in the week? Went on there to see if we'd been linked with anyone yet and one of the topics is someone complaining about the "quality of flag" we gave out to fans on Saturday. Think I'll just use Twitter this summer.
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    Remember what I was saying about the Friends of Fulham forum in the week? Went on there to see if we'd been linked with anyone yet and one of the topics is someone complaining about the "quality of flag" we gave out to fans on Saturday. Think I'll just use Twitter this summer.

I mean Twitter is probably worse
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    mott1993 wrote: »

I mean Twitter is probably worse

I can mute people on Twitter though.
  • KieranBWFC
    1026 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Villa's net spend was far better than Fulham's btw (+13.53 mill compared to -3 mill). Giving them I believe the 3rd best net spend in the entire division, after Sunderland and Hull :joy: Think net spend should not be used as an absolute measure (although I am gonna go ahead and use it below anyway)
    We spent £-8m pal

Why are people doing predictions now, surely far too early. Clubs haven't even released their retained lists yet :D

There again we'll finish bottom if the current regime stay, silly we keep a manager because he has a lucky 3 minutes.
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    I was going with + being they made 13 million kie pal (so Fulham spent 3 mill more than they got back, so minus 3 mill, so would have Bolton as +8 mill)
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    • New owner
    • New manager
    • New investor
    • Potentially more investors
    • Bain gone
    • New directors
    • Getting red seats soon
    • Open lines of communication with the fans on podcasts and social media

giphy.gif
  • They Caged Non
    Chris wrote: »
    • New owner
    • New manager
    • New investor
    • Bain gone
    • New directors
    • Getting red seats soon

giphy.gif

Yeah I can’t decide if it’s a massive front or these will actually start turning the club around, I’d like to say it can’t get much worse but Pompey and Cov fans would correct me.

• AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    McNulty is nowhere near championship level, was decent for Pompey in league 2, average for us in league 1 and Bradford sent him back to us he was that poor for them.

McNulty was shocking for us. league 2 is his level if you ask me.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    • New owner
    • New manager
    • New investor
    • Bain gone
    • New directors
    • Getting red seats soon

giphy.gif

Yeah I can’t decide if it’s a massive front or these will actually start turning the club around, I’d like to say it can’t get much worse but Pompey and Cov fans would correct me.

The impression I got from a couple of quotes from Donald is quick profit is the aim. To do that they’ll want to get a couple of quick promotions then sell the club on. As long as they don’t increase the debt to much in order to do that it then should be good in the long term.

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    More signings pls Martin
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    DeS7V8ZX0AAkurZ.jpg

Can we end the season now
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    You’ll be at the other end by the end of the season
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    sky are saying we have signed Josh Wright from Southend. No idea if it's true though as nothing confirmed by the club.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    sky are saying we have signed Josh Wright from Southend. No idea if it's true though as nothing confirmed by the club.

Looks very likely, reported by lots of other sources you're interested so I'm sure it'll be announced soon.
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Blackada18 wrote: »

Looks very likely, reported by lots of other sources you're interested so I'm sure it'll be announced soon.

Thet are saying its a 2 year deal he has signed, club are silent though. Is he any good.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Blackada18 wrote: »

Thet are saying its a 2 year deal he has signed, club are silent though. Is he any good.

Well we don't want him, he's average for a L1 CM, lots of sideway passing, decent touch, but missed a lot of chances for us this year, however he scored a lot for Gills in the year before and was their POTY.
    He's an alright squad player to have and he's an extra signing to your squad, so I reckon you'd be pleased
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Nottingham Post running a column about one of our former players talking about Derby getting Lampard, embarassing tbh. I can just see the Liverpool Echo talking about Mourinho joining United.
  • KieranBWFC
    1026 posts Professional
    I was going with + being they made 13 million kie pal (so Fulham spent 3 mill more than they got back, so minus 3 mill, so would have Bolton as +8 mill)

I'm a spastic im sorry
  • UK_Cam
    1332 posts Professional
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Nottingham Post running a column about one of our former players talking about Derby getting Lampard, embarassing tbh. I can just see the Liverpool Echo talking about Mourinho joining United.

Kenny Burns? He talks about us non-stop, particularly when we're on a poor run or when something has happened at the club (new manager, new signing etc.) And then our local paper post an article talking about his article and it winds up people. It's all a bit silly
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    KieranBWFC wrote: »

I'm a spastic im sorry

nah was my bad pal
  • They Caged Non
    Alastair wrote: »
    • New owner
    • New manager
    • New investor
    • Bain gone
    • New directors
    • Getting red seats soon

giphy.gif

The impression I got from a couple of quotes from Donald is quick profit is the aim. To do that they’ll want to get a couple of quick promotions then sell the club on. As long as they don’t increase the debt to much in order to do that it then should be good in the long term.

I’ve only heard bits and bobs but sounds like they are desperate to engage the fans again, which is good because that’s exactly the main issue at the club right at this minute, they have lost the fans
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Winchester going to forest green. Dirty snake. I'll two foot him myself.
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    • New owner
    • New manager
    • New investor
    • Bain gone
    • New directors
    • Getting red seats soon

giphy.gif

I’ve only heard bits and bobs but sounds like they are desperate to engage the fans again, which is good because that’s exactly the main issue at the club right at this minute, they have lost the fans

Fans aren’t keen on the Donald/Methven connection down here, apparently both are full of 🎃🎃🎃🎃 according to our forums

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/looks-like-charlie-has-got-his-wish.816/
  • They Caged Non
    WC mode seems to be going well, good old EA lol.. I’m really really thinking about a switch and getting back to some classic Nintendo gaming. I’m at the point where I can’t even be fussed switching the Xbox at the minute so need some inspiration.
  • Dizzy Bala
    edited May 2018
    UK_Cam wrote: »

Kenny Burns? He talks about us non-stop, particularly when we're on a poor run or when something has happened at the club (new manager, new signing etc.) And then our local paper post an article talking about his article and it winds up people. It's all a bit silly
    Yeah, it's cringey. Birtles is a little more 'with it' but Burns is a fossil when it comes to football. I do kind of wish they'd get someone from this millennium to do a column like Alan Rogers or David Johnson but I guess they can't remind us that we won European Cups like 40 years ago.

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    WC mode seems to be going well, good old EA lol.. I’m really really thinking about a switch and getting back to some classic Nintendo gaming. I’m at the point where I can’t even be fussed switching the Xbox at the minute so need some inspiration.

I got in early with the packs and I'm already in the Semi just because not many people have good teams because of the store being down. Helps I've packed Cristiano Ronaldo twice as well as Messi though. Got Mitrovic as well. He's actually not that bad.
  • Dizzy Bala
    @WFCBagnall I know it's HITC so can't take it as serious but i thought this was quite funny.
  • WFCBagnall
    90339 posts Moderator
    @WFCBagnall I know it's HITC so can't take it as serious but i thought this was quite funny.

Sign him up