Exciting Mode Coming to FUT 18 (WC)

BigGuyStan
210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
To everyone who didn't play the World Cup mode in FUT 14 saying they won't touch it this year will change their mind, believe me.

The World Cup mode is probably the best addition ever made to Ultimate Team. Everyone who says it will suck will change their mind. The mode is so interesting and different. The pack and play concept is super fun, to be honest. Once you've opened 5-6 packs and got some nice players, you'll be grinding for more - it's that simple.

The pack weight will surprise you (in a good way). Back in FUT 14 I opened approximately 60 7,500 coin packs. And yes, I got enough players to build a very decent full European team and a full South America squad with a rating of 85+. I packed the likes of Klose (which became an insane card later on, as the ratings change during the time of the World Cup), Hazard, Messi, Neymar, Suarez, and other top tier players back then. I've been watching several videos of how the pack weight is going to be in the WC Mode in FUT 18 and it's insane.

So before investing in more SBC players, you should consider saving some of your coins for the mode, if not all of your coins. You won't regret it.

And the tournament is very enjoyable. A group of 4, the best 2 teams will quality for round of 16, then quarters, etc. The prize for winning the tournament is very nice as well. 10,000 coins and 3 packs (not bad if you ask me).

Yes, people will try hard but remember everyone plays it so the skill gap will be huge (which will be beneficial for a lot of people).

Even the average FIFA player will be able to qualify for round of 16 (the group stages aren't that hard, unless you're very unlucky with good opponents).

I grinded the World Cup Mode in FUT 14 so hard. I played 1500 games+. Since then, I barely play 200 games a year in FUT.

Any questions, feel free to ask with a comment on this thread. I'd be happy to give some advice.

Comments

• krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    It will only be good if it's underhyped.. last time it was good because it was a surprise addition and different. It was also completely new experience.

This year everybody been sick of fut 18 early on and have known and been waiting for WC for a long time, hoping it will save UT. With such high expectations, especially comparing to the nostalgia of last WC mode, and taking into the gameplay issues annoying most in UT already today - EA will really need to pull it off to even match the expectations that have been built up so high, let alone surpass the expectations
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Lol if it's anything at all like last time people are going to be really really disappointed.

Knockout tournaments that people hate grinded over and over again with a bunch of untradeable cards.

No thanks jeff
  • Silky_Seward
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't remember the ratings changing in Fifa 14!!!
  • NornIron
    11108 posts Has That Special Something
    In 2014 there was no fut champions , squad battles etc and the best thing about it was getting a free player after every game. Talk is this year the tournament is just the knockout and the gameplay will stay the same.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

I'm on futhead and it looks like they did. I didn't play it but there's only one of each player, card wise.
  • NornIron
    11108 posts Has That Special Something
    AFC_95 wrote: »

I'm on futhead and it looks like they did. I didn't play it but there's only one of each player, card wise.

Yeah the the players got upgraded u didn't have to pack them again.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Yeah the the players got upgraded u didn't have to pack them again.

Thought so. Wish they did the same in regular FUT.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    If the gameplay is the same as regular fut then it will still be pretty dire and a slog to play, it will just look a bit different.
  • forearms
    4691 posts National Call-Up
    If the gameplay is the same as regular fut then it will still be pretty dire and a slog to play, it will just look a bit different.

Yessir
  • BigGuyStan
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In FUT 14 WC Mode the gameplay was totally different compared to regular FUT 14. I remember finesse long shots being OP as ****.

And yes, the ratings of players who performed well got upgraded. I think Hazard ended up with a 93 rating and Neymar being 94 (or something like that).