TOTS Casemiro or TOTS Matic - and chemistry?

mypetfrog
2290 posts Fans' Favourite
Finalising the EPL / La Liga hybrid and trying to decide between TOTS Casemiro and TOTS Matic.

I have been using Matic and he's done a solid job, but with a tweak up front it'd actually give me better chemistry if I swapped him for Casemiro. (would bump CR7 NIF from 7 to 10 and my CAM from 8 to 10 - still 100 chem overall for either though)

Is it worth it? Is Casemiro better? Should I just stick with Matic as chemistry won't have much of an effect on the overall team performance?

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Yusuf11
    1916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Matic was better for me, he's got a bigger frame and intercepts more and you can't run through him and although heading isn't great he won't allow you to get a clean header
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheers. I also thought of just dropping in NIF Casemiro in there instead, and then subbing in Matic TOTS during the first half.

    Guess I'm asking anyone who's used TOTS Casemiro whether he's streets ahead of Matic or not?
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    Matic was better for me, he's got a bigger frame and intercepts more and you can't run through him and although heading isn't great he won't allow you to get a clean header

    He won every header against Gullit lol
  • Yusuf11
    1916 posts Fans' Favourite
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Cheers. I also thought of just dropping in NIF Casemiro in there instead, and then subbing in Matic TOTS during the first half.

    Guess I'm asking anyone who's used TOTS Casemiro whether he's streets ahead of Matic or not?

    I've used him, he's not. Takes him a while to recover as well, at least with Matic he disturbs your run because if he can touch you, he'll force you to stop
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    I've not had a single issue with TOTS Casemiro playing as a second CDM, hardly gets caught out of position and wins the ball back a lot with interceptions and tackles
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    OK cheers, so best just to get NIF Casemiro for chemistry and then sub him out for TOTS Matic?
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    OK cheers, so best just to get NIF Casemiro for chemistry and then sub him out for TOTS Matic?

    If that's what you choose to do but if you compare them on futbin or similar site then you'll see that Casemiro is better, pretty much all around, than Matic
  • C0YBIG67
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Had both, not even close. casemiro is an absolute machine, matic was a big snowflake.

    everything close to casemiro was wiped out to the floor and ball taken cleanly.

    matic would attempt to tackle, but instead pulled out a feather and tickled my opponents ring piece with it.

    casemiro much better passer and much better at long range shots.
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    selb wrote: »
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    OK cheers, so best just to get NIF Casemiro for chemistry and then sub him out for TOTS Matic?

    If that's what you choose to do but if you compare them on futbin or similar site then you'll see that Casemiro is better, pretty much all around, than Matic

    Yeah, that's the difficult decision I'm trying to make.... kinda need a CDM for both EPL & La Liga. So either way I need to choose one TOTS between Casemiro & Matic, and then just buy a NIF of the other one.

  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Matic is superb with Shadow
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Matic is superb with Shadow

    Still moves like an oil tanker though with poor agility and balance, Casemiro is superior defensively with out a chem style, I use hunter on him to increase that pace and long shots, Casemiro is already a machine defensively
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    OK, going to give Casemiro a punt, will buy later tonight and sell within a few hours if not to my style. Hopefully won't lose much other than tax.
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    selb wrote: »
    I've not had a single issue with TOTS Casemiro playing as a second CDM, hardly gets caught out of position and wins the ball back a lot with interceptions and tackles

    He has really improved my defense
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn’t like Casemiro

    Loved matic

    Although neither are in my epl/la liga hybrid now :joy:
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2018
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    Didn’t like Casemiro

    Loved matic

    Although neither are in my epl/la liga hybrid now :joy:

    Who is? and do you miss Matic?
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Deano2508 Who is your current CDM? and do you miss Matic? Cheers
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    @Deano2508 Who is your current CDM? and do you miss Matic? Cheers

    https://imgur.com/a/6dpFnpq

    As you can see I use 442 if I had a CDM spot it would be matic so yeah I guess I miss him
  • CarlosJr9
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used them both and Casemiro seems to better of the 2 to me.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Matic hands down, put a Shadow. I tried him with Engine for 4 games and it was one of the worst decisions. With Shadow he's 10x the player
  • Professor
    3618 posts National Call-Up
    I have la liga, EPL, Bundesliga hybrid and really enjoy Casemiro. I use him as a CDM next to IF vidal and Petit. Very good defensively and pace is not an issue for me. His passing is 2nd to none! Never misplaced a pass, so smooth on the ball and has few goals as well
  • steg18
    19 posts Ball Boy
    use both in my team, matic at cdm with engine and casemiro at cm with hunter. matic feels perfect at cdm , while casemiro doesnt at cm, however I feel like matic is a better overall player for that spot. He scores even more at cdm than casemiro does. I strongly suggest you to keep Matic
  • RayS
    35312 posts World Cup Winner
    edited May 2018
    Matic much better defensively than Casemiro. I have both in my squad
  • Professor
    3618 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »
    Matic much better defensively than Casemiro. I have both in my squad

    Been thinking of getting Matic to repace Petit next to tots casemiro but play 41212(2) and wouldn't know who to use ar cdm since they got have M/H
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tried a few games with Casemiro and did notice a good few interceptions, but I don't know if it's that he's less of a noticeable player (physically I mean) that I wasn't as aware of him as I was with Matic.

    Maybe that's just missing seeing the spindly long-stride frame of Matic belting about pitch bashing people over, or that Casemiro wasn't as aggressive at CDM. His passing was however definitely better so it's horses for courses!

    Casemiro also makes chem between my BPL and La Liga teams slightly easier but that's only a 2 point chem difference I guess which is probably irrelevant, and nothing that a quick sub won't cure.

    As ever, I'm still undecided. Wish I had the coins for both tbh but really can't sacrifice TOTS Mane to buy back Matic!
Sign In or Register to comment.