►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Didn't want EL anyway.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    Rick wrote: »
    Didn't want EL anyway.

Bit ironic after the reports of Milan possibly losing out on EL due to having the settlement agreement rejected. :joy:

http://it.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2560654.html
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    @LoboNobo Good job mate. Keep it up!
  • Big Matty T
    2636 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't want EL anyway.

Bit ironic after the reports of Milan possibly losing out on EL due to having the settlement agreement rejected. :joy:

New meeting June 15th apparently.

I’ll never understand FFP...what’s the point of getting new ownership if they can’t try to strengthen the club...and does PSG really make that much that they can spend 400 million per window and never get excluded from the Champions League

All seems a bit of a farce
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Not sure if someone mentioned it but Milan might miss out on European cups.

Just read a headline and did not bother to delve into it. Financial reasons of some sort.
  • theduckisstillperfect21
    5896 posts Big Money Move
    Btw did we lose the napoli supporter? Rip must be traumatized.
  • Alemas_2012
    15690 posts World Class
    Not being allowed into EL is the most extreme option.
    More likely would be a transfer ban or a hefty fine.
  • Big Matty T

We don’t like your finances...so we’ll fine you :D

FFP clearly there to line corrupt UEFA’s pockets and let their drling teams from Spain and England stay on top
  • Alemas_2012
    15690 posts World Class

We don’t like your finances...so we’ll fine you :D

FFP clearly there to line corrupt UEFA’s pockets and let their drling teams from Spain and England stay on top

I think their logic with a fine would be more to prevent you from buying anyone...
    But yeah, it's a screwed system.
  • Big Matty T
    edited May 2018

Again...there should be a provision for ownership changes...anything that was done under Berlusconi’s reign should be wiped from the ledger to give the new ownership group time to establish themselves

This whole thing is ridiculous

Need to spend money to make money...Milan’s attendance was up...the squad is much younger and starting to gel...should see where things go over the next few years with this new ownership situation...not bury us immediately under sanctions

And I think it should be clear that we’re not spending 250 million every window...that was simply to start a rebuild of a club left in shambles by its previous owner
  • Alemas_2012
    15690 posts World Class

Again...there should be a provision for ownership changes...anything that was done under Berlusconi’s reign should be wiped from the ledger to give the new ownership group time to establish themselves

Need to spend money to make money...Milan’s attendance was up...the squad is much younger and starting to gel...should see where things go over the next few years with this new ownership situation...not bury us immediately under sanctions

And I think it should be clear that we’re not spending 250 million every window...that was simply to start a rebuild of a club left in shambles by its previous owner

The problem is that UEFA are not convinced by president Li's finances. They find it hard to believe that he'll be able to repay the Elliot loan.
    They do not want to support someone with such a murky record.
  • Big Matty T
    edited May 2018

The problem is that UEFA are not convinced by president Li's finances. They find it hard to believe that he'll be able to repay the Elliot loan.
    They do not want to support someone with such a murky record.

Who cares? Elliot Management has already said they would not liquidate the club if Li defaults...they would continue to manage the team and then sell to someone else

If I wanted to buy Milan I couldn’t...because I don’t have the money and no financial institution would give me a big enough loan to buy them

Someone did loan Li the money...so they had some assurances that Li had money...so I don’t see why UEFA needs to be involved...let the situation play out for now...we’re only one year into this ownership...and they have no chance to get the club off he ground if they’re facing sanctions left and right
  • Alemas_2012
    15690 posts World Class
    edited May 2018
    Ancelotti to Napoli could actually happen.
    What a weird one if true.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

Managed to read your post first this time.

Cannot believe he would join Napoli...
  • Alemas_2012
    15690 posts World Class

Managed to read your post first this time.

Cannot believe he would join Napoli...

Me neither.
    From Juve, to Milan, to Chelsea, to PSG, to Real, to Bayern...
    ...to Napoli.
    Something tells me it wouldn't work out too well.
    If someone like Sarri had problems with De Lamentiis, imagine Ancelotti...
    Still, nothing confirmed, just talks of "summits"...
  • LoboNobo
    6419 posts Big Money Move

That wouldn't work, it would only create a possibility to go around FFP and let clubs spend more money every year or so by switching ownership
  • Big Matty T
    edited May 2018
    LoboNobo wrote: »

That wouldn't work, it would only create a possibility to go around FFP and let clubs spend more money every year or so by switching ownership

But based on what you’re saying...the point is to restrict over the top spending

But there are no restrictions on clubs like Barca, Real, etc

So the goal of FFP is to limit the potential champions league winner to a pool of about 4-5 teams? What good is that?

If they wanted to be “fair”...there would be an American style salary cap...that limits the total amount you can spend in a transfer window....and it would be equal for every team in Europe

That would be “fair” play
  • Big Matty T
    Faseone brings up discussing this with the club’s lawyers...hopefully they challenge UEFA and bring the corrupt organization crashing down
  • LoboNobo
    6419 posts Big Money Move

But based on what you’re saying...the point is to restrict over the top spending

So the goal of FFP is to limit the potential champions league winner to a pool of about 4-5 teams? What good is that?

If they wanted to be “fair”...there would be an American style salary cap...that limits the total amount you can spend in a transfer window....and it would be equal for every team in Europe

There are restrictions on such clubs (remember transfer bans?).

And by no means I'm defending FPP, it's a joke really. All I said was that your idea would not fix it.

And with how much money nowadays is being spend in football, I think it's basically too late to fix that... The more restrictive rules you apply, the bigger the gap bewteen big and small clubs become, simply because the biggest clubs will always find a way.

Let's take the salary cap for example - while it could hurt mediocre clubs, Real, Barca, United, even Juventus could simply attract every footballer by using other financial means. They could easily make an agreement with some outside complany, let's say Adidas, that would give the player shittone of sponsorship money for signing for a chosen club.

Honestly, I think we are at this stage when we have to accept that football is run by money. I mean European Super League is just a matter of time, in 10 years or so 4 clubs from top 4 leagues might not be enough for them, as this idea only allows clubs from such clubs to get richer and richer.
  • Big Matty T

And by no means I'm defending FPP, it's a joke really. All I said was that your idea would not fix it.

And with how much money nowadays is being spend in football, I think it's basically too late to fix that... The more restrictive rules you apply, the bigger the gap bewteen big and small clubs become, simply because the biggest clubs will always find a way.

Let's take the salary cap for example - while it could hurt mediocre clubs, Real, Barca, United, even Juventus could simply attract every footballer by using other financial means. They could easily make an agreement with some outside complany, let's say Adidas, that would give the player shittone of sponsorship money for signing for a chosen club.

Honestly, I think we are at this stage when we have to accept that football is run by money. I mean European Super League is just a matter of time, in 10 years or so 4 clubs from top 4 leagues might not be enough for them, as this idea only allows clubs from such clubs to get richer and richer.

Yeah I don’t think it can/should be fixed...just scrap it and let teams dictate their own spending and losses...otherwise the same few teams will be in the champions league semis forever
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

I can't put into words how much I hate him.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

Yeah I don’t think it can/should be fixed...just scrap it and let teams dictate their own spending and losses...otherwise the same few teams will be in the champions league semis forever

Well, considering Roma and Liverpool both made it to the semis this year your last point is moot...
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    DdtzgryU8AAC8Jd.jpg
    Agree?

Sandro being there goes to show how basing your opinion on stats is completely idiotic.
    Dybala's there just because of his goals, most of them from the start of the season.
    Kolarov for Alex Sandro, SMS for Ilicic (should still be on bench IMO), Luis Alberto for Divebala.
  • L_immortale
    Didn't want EL anyway.

http://it.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2560654.html

Looka like Daddy Pallotta humiliated Fassone months in advance LOL. Total Alpha.
  • L_immortale

Previous finances being wiped is ridiculous. Berlusconi could have sold to Barbara and technically theres a "new owner".
  • Big Matty T

Well, considering Roma and Liverpool both made it to the semis this year your last point is moot...

*Shrug*

Ok sure teams squeak through here and there...since “Financial Fair Play” went into effect...the winners of the Champions League:

Chelsea
    Bayern
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid

Some of the highest spending squads around

And I get that the TV rights and Sponsorships and stuff are different in England and Spain...but that shouldn’t keep other countries (like Italy of course) down

It’s not just Milan...it’s sad to see that because of these sponsorships and tv deals and everything it seems like the top players will never be playing in Serie A again
  • theduckisstillperfect21
    5896 posts Big Money Move
    Alright I'm trying not to freak out but chiellini still hasn't renewed right?
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Alright I'm trying not to freak out but chiellini still hasn't renewed right?

uh oh
This discussion has been closed.