Icardi not in Argentinas WC squad

1
Nessy
2304 posts Fans' Favourite
That's madness!!!

Comments

  • truegunn3r
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    Nessy wrote: »
    That's madness!!!

    It is but attackers is one position Argentina fans are not bothered about. I think he may have to change nationality to have any chance in playing for a World Cup. Saying that this maybe the last World Cup tournament for Messi and maybe even Aguero and Higuain so Icardi may definitely get a look in next time if he keeps his form.
  • Pughy30
    27221 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 2018
    Not surprising he’s hardly mr popular amongst the squad
  • Tornado31619
    21616 posts Club Captain
    Piggy, maybe. But Messi and Agüero still have one more left in them IMO.

    But how 16-goal Piggy got in over 29-goal Icardi I will never understand.
  • truegunn3r
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Piggy, maybe. But Messi and Agüero still have one more left in them IMO.

    But how 16-goal Piggy got in over 29-goal Icardi I will never understand.
    Another thread off topic. What do you say?
  • dododada
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i thougth its because he stole teamate wife and he's banned from the national squad..
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    dododada wrote: »
    i thougth its because he stole teamate wife and he's banned from the national squad..

    Wanda and Maxi were already divorced, she went to court, proved Maxi was the one that cheated and she got the kids in the divorce.

    Icardi deserves to be there, but politics off the field means he won't go to the World Cup.

    Hopefully Argentina crash out early.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    dododada wrote: »
    i thougth its because he stole teamate wife and he's banned from the national squad..

    Wanda and Maxi were already divorced, she went to court, proved Maxi was the one that cheated and she got the kids in the divorce.

    Icardi deserves to be there, but politics off the field means he won't go to the World Cup.

    Hopefully Argentina crash out early.

    They were good friends you know, ex-wife is kinda of limits if you're friends. Remind to never introduce you to my wife. :p
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    dododada wrote: »
    i thougth its because he stole teamate wife and he's banned from the national squad..

    Wanda and Maxi were already divorced, she went to court, proved Maxi was the one that cheated and she got the kids in the divorce.

    Icardi deserves to be there, but politics off the field means he won't go to the World Cup.

    Hopefully Argentina crash out early.

    They were good friends you know, ex-wife is kinda of limits if you're friends. Remind to never introduce you to my wife. :p

    You can't help who you fall for. An ex is an ex for a reason. Maxi had no claim on her.
  • Pughy30
    27221 posts Player of the Year
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    1o810a.jpg

    Now that is just really odd, like he is trying to steal his family.

    I think a double leg breaking "accident" in training if he had gotten called up would be justified.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    It is weird, but he says he puts whatever is important to him on his body. He has his biological kid's names on his body and his step-kids, who he has treated no differently to his own.

    Would be horrible growing up hearing that your step dad puts the things he loves on his body in ink but doesn't have your name on there, would make the kids feel loved.

    Its still weird but its Icardi's thing, don't see many guys in their early 20s ready to step up and provide for kids that aren't his own and help raise them.

    I am biased though.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4382 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    It is weird, but he says he puts whatever is important to him on his body. He has his biological kid's names on his body and his step-kids, who he has treated no differently to his own.

    Would be horrible growing up hearing that your step dad puts the things he loves on his body in ink but doesn't have your name on there, would make the kids feel loved.

    Its still weird but its Icardi's thing, don't see many guys in their early 20s ready to step up and provide for kids that aren't his own and help raise them.

    I am biased though.

    Don’t see many guys in their early 20s pulling £120k a week either.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    It is weird, but he says he puts whatever is important to him on his body. He has his biological kid's names on his body and his step-kids, who he has treated no differently to his own.

    Would be horrible growing up hearing that your step dad puts the things he loves on his body in ink but doesn't have your name on there, would make the kids feel loved.

    Its still weird but its Icardi's thing, don't see many guys in their early 20s ready to step up and provide for kids that aren't his own and help raise them.

    I am biased though.

    Don’t see many guys in their early 20s pulling £120k a week either.

    Should be enough to take on the kids of all his teammates.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    It is weird, but he says he puts whatever is important to him on his body. He has his biological kid's names on his body and his step-kids, who he has treated no differently to his own.

    Would be horrible growing up hearing that your step dad puts the things he loves on his body in ink but doesn't have your name on there, would make the kids feel loved.

    Its still weird but its Icardi's thing, don't see many guys in their early 20s ready to step up and provide for kids that aren't his own and help raise them.

    I am biased though.

    Don’t see many guys in their early 20s pulling £120k a week either.

    Wasn't even earning 10% of that at the start pal.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Icardi getting Maxi's kids tattooed on him isn't weird mind :no_mouth:

    It is weird, but he says he puts whatever is important to him on his body. He has his biological kid's names on his body and his step-kids, who he has treated no differently to his own.

    Would be horrible growing up hearing that your step dad puts the things he loves on his body in ink but doesn't have your name on there, would make the kids feel loved.

    Its still weird but its Icardi's thing, don't see many guys in their early 20s ready to step up and provide for kids that aren't his own and help raise them.

    I am biased though.

    Don’t see many guys in their early 20s pulling £120k a week either.

    Wasn't even earning 10% of that at the start pal.

    Should be enough to take on the kids of all his teammates.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    dododada wrote: »
    i thougth its because he stole teamate wife and he's banned from the national squad..

    Wanda and Maxi were already divorced, she went to court, proved Maxi was the one that cheated and she got the kids in the divorce.

    Icardi deserves to be there, but politics off the field means he won't go to the World Cup.

    Hopefully Argentina crash out early.

    Lopez brought Icardi into his home to live and help settle in while at Sampdoria. He committed the ultimate betrayal and in my opinion he's a RAT the national team players obviously feel the same way... so good.
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Argentina is loaded at the Forward spot. Of course Icardi is left off the squad. No big news here
  • Markman007
    3593 posts National Call-Up
    Socalj11 wrote: »
    Argentina is loaded at the Forward spot. Of course Icardi is left off the squad. No big news here

    Yeah, but with Aguero coming off a serious injury and Higuain having a decent but not spectacular season, it's still surprising.
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Socalj11 wrote: »
    Argentina is loaded at the Forward spot. Of course Icardi is left off the squad. No big news here

    Yeah, but with Aguero coming off a serious injury and Higuain having a decent but not spectacular season, it's still surprising.

    Not to me. I don’t think much of Icardi. Higuain scored over 20 on the best team in Serie A. Did well in UEFA as well. Natural Born Scorer
  • Markman007
    3593 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Socalj11 wrote: »
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Socalj11 wrote: »
    Argentina is loaded at the Forward spot. Of course Icardi is left off the squad. No big news here

    Yeah, but with Aguero coming off a serious injury and Higuain having a decent but not spectacular season, it's still surprising.

    Not to me. I don’t think much of Icardi. Higuain scored over 20 on the best team in Serie A. Did well in UEFA as well. Natural Born Scorer

    Higuain also has a tendency to choke in big matches for Argentina. Maybe taking Icardi would have been risky, but I say give someone else a chance.
  • truegunn3r
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    @Pieman25 where you at?
  • truegunn3r
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same thing and decides to do it in real life people can’t get off his back.

    Most stupid comment of the day.

    @JohnDoe
  • Pieman25
    17088 posts World Class
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    @Pieman25 where you at?

    giphy.gif
  • truegunn3r
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    @Pieman25 where you at?

    giphy.gif

    Off topic, don’t you think?
  • JohnDoe
    11845 posts Has That Special Something
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.

    0uDftR8.gif
  • Markman007
    3593 posts National Call-Up
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.

    No one here is talking about picking Icardi over Messi or Dybala. And in normal circumstances Aguero should be picked over Icardi. The question at hand is why they took Aguero while he is still recovering from serious knee surgery and will likely be not 100% fit and out of form, or Higuain who while in fine form for his Club is a proven chokemaster for the national team.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Markman007 wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.

    No one here is talking about picking Icardi over Messi or Dybala. And in normal circumstances Aguero should be picked over Icardi. The question at hand is why they took Aguero while he is still recovering from serious knee surgery and will likely be not 100% fit and out of form, or Higuain who while in fine form for his Club is a proven chokemaster for the national team.

    I don't even think you can go so far as comparing FIFA to Football period. It's just a little ignorant as neither is in any way similar.
  • Markman007
    3593 posts National Call-Up
    Tomb1302 wrote: »
    Markman007 wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.

    No one here is talking about picking Icardi over Messi or Dybala. And in normal circumstances Aguero should be picked over Icardi. The question at hand is why they took Aguero while he is still recovering from serious knee surgery and will likely be not 100% fit and out of form, or Higuain who while in fine form for his Club is a proven chokemaster for the national team.

    I don't even think you can go so far as comparing FIFA to Football period. It's just a little ignorant as neither is in any way similar.

    For sure, game stats can never truly capture a player-- their skill set, mental ability, team play, chemistry with other players, Etc
  • JohnDoe
    11845 posts Has That Special Something
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Tomb1302 wrote: »
    Markman007 wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s weird how majority of people don’t like to use Icardi in FIFA because they find the attributes of Aguero, Messi and Dybala better but when the manager sees the same things in real life so decides to leave him out then people won’t get off his back.

    No one here is talking about picking Icardi over Messi or Dybala. And in normal circumstances Aguero should be picked over Icardi. The question at hand is why they took Aguero while he is still recovering from serious knee surgery and will likely be not 100% fit and out of form, or Higuain who while in fine form for his Club is a proven chokemaster for the national team.

    I don't even think you can go so far as comparing FIFA to Football period. It's just a little ignorant as neither is in any way similar.

    For sure, game stats can never truly capture a player-- their skill set, mental ability, team play, chemistry with other players, Etc

    You’re wrong. Sampaoli said, and I quote: “we peeped Icardi’s stats, and his NIF has like 30 pace lol, we need that sweat upfront so we’ll be using faster players. We gotta hit at least elite this WC, and slow players just ain’t gonna cut it”.
Sign In or Register to comment.