Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    Hello guys, I think I need to hang out in here B)

My buddy at work is always spouting off about Arsenal football club, and I don’t have any irl friends who are United fans.

welcome bud
  • RayS
    25667 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 2018
    Shehraj wrote: »

My buddy at work is always spouting off about Arsenal football club, and I don’t have any irl friends who are United fans.

welcome bud
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Welcome @RayS
    Sellish wrote: »

Welcome!

Thx brotowskis!
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Welcome to the thread.

We're currently engaged in somewhat of a civil war here. Are you #JoseIN or #JoseOUT?

Indeed a topic worthy of civil war. Even within myself... i think my head says #JoseOUT with the concerning losses vs the big boys in the League, our ineptitude vs Sevilla in UCL, and freshly, our FA Cup failure...

Buuut my heart says #JoseIn for the knowledge of what a winning and prepared coach Jose is, our Mourinho-Treble last season, and the feeling that he’s going to change things up a lot over the summer (reading into his comments after the Brighton loss)

Ima go with my heart here: #JOSEIN

At least one more season
  • Shehraj

Welcome to the thread.

We're currently engaged in somewhat of a civil war here. Are you #JoseIN or #JoseOUT?

tbf isnt retro the only jose in supporter?
  • RayS

Welcome to the thread.

:D did i choose the wrong side?
  • Kman
    2915 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol why was Rhodesia banned
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class

Welcome to the thread.

Viva is still lurking in every few days.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2018
    I think I'm Jose out now. Can't stand the way he treats young players, the football is poor and most importantly I don't see things drastically improving next season. I think he's taken us as far as he can. I don't see us winning the CL or PL under Jose.

I really, really hope I'm wrong though. I want Jose to do well but I just don't see it happening based on this season.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31889 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 2018
    Treble :lol:

Idc that it’s 3 trophies, the community shield is such a meaningless trophy.
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional

Fair assessment for a #JoseOut campaign here. I think he'll get one more season regardless of what people want and then he'll be gone.

- His football philosophy is dire its like LVG football but with more paranoia.

- He has out top young players losing confidence , wanting to leave and most importantly going the wrong way in terms of development.

- He's having fall outs with our top players.

- The talented players we bring in are regressing

The only players he is happy with are the one's he brings from Chelsea (Matic) and us being strongly linked to Willian says he's incapable of finding another way.

The big question is who replaces him next year?
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class
    edited May 2018
    M4YON wrote: »

There are three kinds of appointments we could make in my view. I've put my candidates for each type of appointment at this moment in time.

1. Based on track record of winning trophies-->Ancelotti, Allegri, Blanc
    2. Based on success with less elsewhere-->Pochettino and Jardim
    3. Based on being a well-regarded ex-player-->Giggs and Carrick

That'd be my shortlist, if I were the board.

Blanc arguably fits all three characterizations so I'd put him as a mild favorite, but I'd be pretty excited about any of these guys.

A lot will depend on the circumstances of Mourinho's departure. If he melts down Chelsea style and goes midseason, I think Carrick is the interim till the end of the season and would get first chance to audition for it. If he goes in the offseason, which I think is more likely, then its anybody's game.
  • Shehraj

There are three kinds of appointments we could make in my view. I've put my candidates for each type of appointment at this moment in time.

Blanc arguably fits all three characterizations so I'd put him as a mild favorite, but I'd be pretty excited about any of these guys.

Pochettino has to be our main target imo, look what he does with tottenham, imagine him with un unlimited budget to get the players he wants
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class
    edited May 2018

Pochettino has to be our main target imo, look what he does with tottenham, imagine him with un unlimited budget to get the players he wants

Poch is MY favorite too but I think he's hard to prise away from Spurs. As such, I think Blanc is THE favorite.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Blanc would be great out if managers that are available
  • RayS

Oh I was completely kidding about the treble. I would never call thr Community Shield a legit trophy for a treble. It’s a glorified friendly is all
  • Retro_G
    29185 posts Player of the Year

Oh I was completely kidding about the treble. I would never call thr Community Shield a legit trophy for a treble. It’s a glorified friendly is all

Don't mind Richard, it was a treble, he just hates to give José any credit.

pri_41093948.jpg
  • Retro_G

Fair assessment for a #JoseOut campaign here. I think he'll get one more season regardless of what people want and then he'll be gone.

- He has out top young players losing confidence , wanting to leave and most importantly going the wrong way in terms of development.

The only players he is happy with are the one's he brings from Chelsea (Matic) and us being strongly linked to Willian says he's incapable of finding another way.

Shocking journalism, got a good laugh out of the comments. Can we stick to proper Journalists akin to Duncan Castles, thanks.
  • finsfan85
    12406 posts Has That Special Something
    Two straight baiting comments by Retro. How is he even still here?
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class

Shocking journalism, got a good laugh out of the comments. Can we stick to proper Journalists akin to Duncan Castles, thanks.

You must have the IQ of a slice of toast.
  • M4YON
    1026 posts Professional

You must have the IQ of a slice of toast.

:D :D
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Don't mind Richard, it was a treble, he just hates to give José any credit.

pri_41093948.jpg

I've given Jose plenty of credit...

You actually just said Duncan Castles is a proper journo...Mourinho really has a full convert on his hands.
  • RayS
    Retro gets a lot of hate here?
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class

His willingness to sacrifice the historical values of this club at the altar of Mourinho and deliberate denials of reality in service to Mourinho's narrative have rubbed many of us the wrong way over the course of the past year.
  • Retro_G

It's all good mate, the anti-Mourinho cultists will come around next season, when they realise the error of their ways, by doubting the man who is going to bring us back to the echelon of English football.

287613_AE00000578-0-_Bayern_Munich_defender_Jerome_Boateng_tweeted.jpg
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    WTF :lol:
  • Shehraj

His willingness to sacrifice the historical values of this club at the altar of Mourinho and deliberate denials of reality in service to Mourinho's narrative have rubbed many of us the wrong way over the course of the past year.

i still think retro doesnt even like mou and is just a low key troll tbh, hes said too much ridiculous stuff recently to actually be serious
  • Sellish
    9180 posts League Winner

He is not really a United supporter.
    He is a Mourinho follower who takes every fight to show us what a god Mourinho is.

We got 2 of these.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

As much as I hate Jose’s football. This actually is shocking ‘journalism’. It’s intentional inflammatory generalisation to wind up United fans.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

i still think retro doesnt even like mou and is just a low key troll tbh, hes said too much ridiculous stuff recently to actually be serious

This is legitimately how I am starting to view him as well
  • Pxul_
    7903 posts League Winner

• Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class
    Some rumors of a potential Bailly departure.

Imagine if Bailly and Martial leave for Alderweirald and Willian this summer :lol: