I Finally Retire from FUT

ASlowPotato
1017 posts Professional
edited May 2018
I've finally lost the will to play this game.

Every week now is getting more and more boring. Everyone seems to have the same team. It is instant pause, Son to ST, Lozano and Co (seemingly Bailey today) to wide CAMs, set them all to stay forward, then park the bus and hope to get a 1v1. Even when you win it just isn't enjoyable.

The game no longer has any diversity to it. I have played since the beginning and I miss B/S/G teams, the online tournaments where you could build a fun bronze or silver team and play other people who'd done the same. Where bronze and silver cards had value. The days of Maikon Leite, El Shaa and co.

5 games today and all of them had TOTS Son, TOTS Lozano and an instapause 4231 with Son ST and Lozano to wide CAM. I don't condone this, its boring as hell but that seems to be the winning formula. People can play as sweaty as they want, they purchased the game but it is this that has sucked the fun from the game. This win at all costs, abuse the mechanic mentality.

This isn't a 'OMG GIT GUD' situation. My last game I left whilst winning...it is just dead for me now. I just happened to realise mid-game how little enjoyment it has left.

On that note, I've got a bunch of steam credit to spend, so any suggestions on good games for PC I might not have seen?

EDIT: I meant to say, cue the sarcasm or endless wit of the regular forum dwellers.

Comments

• RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Are u really a potato?

I understand your sentiment tho
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    Byeee byeeee
  • nj10
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play football manager mate
  • Diggy
    14739 posts Has That Special Something
    I will sum it up in one word sterile
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Byeee byee This here Anakin guy. May be Vader someday later, but now he’s just a small fry
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2579 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Agree with you pal. I stopped playing FUT Champs after December. The mode has become ridiculous and the not only that the lag and the 15 game win streak and then all of sudden your on 10 loss streak! 40 games and you’ll be against sane/Lozano/Salah/son for 40 games.

I just stick to Online Seasons now and DKT for the tots rewards... I can’t wait for WC mode... the one in Fifa 14 was great!
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    The game has been win at all costs for a few years now. WL exacerbated it all. People are scared to lose. Not sure why as it’s all pretty meaningless unless you are a regional level pro.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I have up on H2H as well today. I thought I'd swap to H2H and still have fun. It's still woeful.
  • Kasuyo
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FUT become boring, FUT wc will be exactly the same thing. Playing people with the same players and same formation, boring and dull.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    Get House Flipper
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Ea ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game up. Only 2 good formations, formation switch at start every damn game, only 3 good goalkeepers,... i feel you. Only thing that keeps me going: i buy every weekend league a new team
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    richo27 wrote: »
    The game has been win at all costs for a few years now. WL exacerbated it all. People are scared to lose. Not sure why as it’s all pretty meaningless unless you are a regional level pro.

Ego
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Tldr
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't forget to close the broody door.
  • Ishibum
    14566 posts Has That Special Something

Every week now is getting more and more boring. Everyone seems to have the same team. It is instant pause, Son to ST, Lozano and Co (seemingly Bailey today) to wide CAMs, set them all to stay forward, then park the bus and hope to get a 1v1. Even when you win it just isn't enjoyable.

The game no longer has any diversity to it. I have played since the beginning and I miss B/S/G teams, the online tournaments where you could build a fun bronze or silver team and play other people who'd done the same. Where bronze and silver cards had value. The days of Maikon Leite, El Shaa and co.

5 games today and all of them had TOTS Son, TOTS Lozano and an instapause 4231 with Son ST and Lozano to wide CAM. I don't condone this, its boring as hell but that seems to be the winning formula. People can play as sweaty as they want, they purchased the game but it is this that has sucked the fun from the game. This win at all costs, abuse the mechanic mentality.

This isn't a 'OMG GIT GUD' situation. My last game I left whilst winning...it is just dead for me now. I just happened to realise mid-game how little enjoyment it has left.

On that note, I've got a bunch of steam credit to spend, so any suggestions on good games for PC I might not have seen?

EDIT: I meant to say, cue the sarcasm or endless wit of the regular forum dwellers.

Can't argue with any of this.
  • WarrenBarton
    10455 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    Are u really a potato?

I bet he’s awesome at chip’s
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    RayS wrote: »
    Are u really a potato?

I bet he’s awesome at chip’s

Stop mashing about mate
  • Tornado31619
    21634 posts Club Captain
    When does your End Of An Era card come out?
  • Halfhand2
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Totally agree, 4231 has killed the game for any kind of enjoyable gameplay.
    It's all control the player 10ft away from the ball and jockey.
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Halfhand2 wrote: »
    Totally agree, 4231 has killed the game for any kind of enjoyable gameplay.
    It's all control the player 10ft away from the ball and jockey.

What? You'd think only you 4-1-2-1-2(2) guys get to party? Your reign is over. And most of us don't even need to pause at the start, you suckers :D
  • Halfhand2
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Touch a nerve?
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ishibum wrote: »

Can't argue with any of this.

Yep. I completed Marega challenge because i'm a porto fan but then realized it was all for nothing... I can't play two games in a row without asking myself why i still have it installed on my PS lol hands down, worst fut to date, rivaling with fut 16.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    This weekend was the closest I've come to finishing FUT champs and just playing a few games of divisions a week. It's not even a reaction to doing bad. 7 and 3 is my best ever start. I think last weekend I was 3-7 with the same team. It's become a chore to even play to 11 wins. I'll probably grind out those last 4 and see how I feel next weekend.
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why not play FUT Draft?
  • Riggs006
    972 posts Professional
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Why not play FUT Draft?

Draft is just full of people leaving when they go 1-0 up, plus the rewards aren't great especially at this stage of the game.
  • limjitwe
    8177 posts League Winner
    Byeeeeee
  • FlyingOkapis
    1205 posts Professional
    Riggs006 wrote: »
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Why not play FUT Draft?

Draft is just full of people leaving when they go 1-0 up, plus the rewards aren't great especially at this stage of the game.

Can confirm this, I went tried draft and if you concede its game over for you
  • mggege17
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2018
    why moaning anbd quiting over agame. You known for a FACT it will be that way so take it or leave don't need to make a topic

Goodbye
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6216 posts Big Money Move
    richo27 wrote: »

The people that win at all costs and aren’t pros are just people that have to find self esteem in something and fifa is where they go to get it.
  • Gromit
    4710 posts National Call-Up

Stopped after 17 and the every game being Butland Smalling Walker Shaw Kante Eriksen Martial and Mane and Son.

There's dozens of threads like this. Sadly theres 10x as many that post how they've just blew another £100 on fp.

EA aren't going to change a thing. They're making more money off this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ than ever before.