Gold 1 is actually good rank

1
Viggo 007
12248 posts Has That Special Something
Not for me personally, but Gold 1 is actually a pretty good rank when you factor that it's top 15% of players that also play FUT Champs, people that won div2/1 or 4 in a row in DKT, eliminating a large pool of players

2e69958eea5a95e6d649357566beb94d.png




Note:

I used Squad battles percentages but they would be similar for FUT Champs give or take some %

Comments

  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    I Always finish 24 wins, feelsbadman to be gold 2 scrub.
  • mjweatherup
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    This weekend I got 21/30. Ran out of time. 40 games is too many
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7921 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    In reality. If you can finish gold 1 you’re the best 1% of fifa players in the world. Nobody in WL is bad at the game in broad terms. Just bad by weekend league standards.
  • BakayokoOut
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Best finish was gold 2 so I wouldn't know
  • Sumitro
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My best finish is Gold 2
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...
  • Sumitro
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.
  • VagisilFC
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sumitro wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.
    Who wants to be Pinnes E1? E3 are better rewards for half the amount of effort....
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sumitro wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.

    Yh elite 1 in sb is very easy I managed it and I missed 16 games all 3 sets sat and 1 on sun
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    Sumitro wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.
    Who wants to be Pinnes E1? E3 are better rewards for half the amount of effort....

    Those extra 20k or so coins help
  • SILVERLIGHT
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Never play offline mode in UT
  • VagisilFC
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whufc wrote: »
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    Sumitro wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.
    Who wants to be Pinnes E1? E3 are better rewards for half the amount of effort....

    Those extra 20k or so coins help

    Packs are worse and 20K is not worth the extra time needed
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    Yeah it really doesnt make any sense at all :lol:
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Clancy wrote: »
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting

    My highest was also 27 wins with a game to spare, just short of elite 1.
    I average 22-24 normally, with a good weekend pushing me to gold 1.
    Good in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but think its not good when comparing how much better elite 3 rewards seem.
    that being said i averaged 18-19 wins last fifa, so plus 6 wins if i try hard isnt bad of an improvement, hopefully can push higher next fifa
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Never play offline mode in UT
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting

    My highest was also 27 wins with a game to spare, just short of elite 1.
    I average 22-24 normally, with a good weekend pushing me to gold 1.
    Good in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but think its not good when comparing how much better elite 3 rewards seem.
    that being said i averaged 18-19 wins last fifa, so plus 6 wins if i try hard isnt bad of an improvement, hopefully can push higher next fifa

    At some point though I'm like... I've got coins, I'm trying and having fun, so who cares gold vs elite?

    I don't really have the motivation to improve from top %15 FUT players to top %10. The effort needed... and for what?
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Clancy wrote: »
    Never play offline mode in UT
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting

    My highest was also 27 wins with a game to spare, just short of elite 1.
    I average 22-24 normally, with a good weekend pushing me to gold 1.
    Good in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but think its not good when comparing how much better elite 3 rewards seem.
    that being said i averaged 18-19 wins last fifa, so plus 6 wins if i try hard isnt bad of an improvement, hopefully can push higher next fifa

    At some point though I'm like... I've got coins, I'm trying and having fun, so who cares gold vs elite?

    I don't really have the motivation to improve from top %15 FUT players to top %10. The effort needed... and for what?

    for me its half sense of accomplishment to see I am indeed improving and the idea that with 3 more wins i could double my profits for the WL. Keep in mind i do play WL cuz I enjoy it, not just for coins, but there is that self accomplishment reward aspect.
    Whats frustrating is that this weekend i ended on 22 wins, where as months ago i finished 27 once or twice, so I have gone backwards.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    Never play offline mode in UT
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting

    My highest was also 27 wins with a game to spare, just short of elite 1.
    I average 22-24 normally, with a good weekend pushing me to gold 1.
    Good in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but think its not good when comparing how much better elite 3 rewards seem.
    that being said i averaged 18-19 wins last fifa, so plus 6 wins if i try hard isnt bad of an improvement, hopefully can push higher next fifa

    At some point though I'm like... I've got coins, I'm trying and having fun, so who cares gold vs elite?

    I don't really have the motivation to improve from top %15 FUT players to top %10. The effort needed... and for what?

    for me its half sense of accomplishment to see I am indeed improving and the idea that with 3 more wins i could double my profits for the WL. Keep in mind i do play WL cuz I enjoy it, not just for coins, but there is that self accomplishment reward aspect.
    Whats frustrating is that this weekend i ended on 22 wins, where as months ago i finished 27 once or twice, so I have gone backwards.

    But do you think you've gotten worse (not actually gotten worse of course, but not improved as fast as the field), or is it just you're less motivated to grind for winds because we're getting so late in the game?

    Especially at this point, the difference in rewards isn't really gonna change your squads quality much right?
  • Mmandras
    6403 posts Big Money Move
    No matter whay you do there is some kid in Korea who's better at it :)

    In Fifa terms that 1% is small city of players, all playing WL, that you are bond to play against for 50% of games.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Clancy wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    Never play offline mode in UT
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    I was well please with my best ever finish 27 wins

    I know it's worse than some, but that was hard as hell for me! Full concentration every match, it was exhausting

    My highest was also 27 wins with a game to spare, just short of elite 1.
    I average 22-24 normally, with a good weekend pushing me to gold 1.
    Good in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but think its not good when comparing how much better elite 3 rewards seem.
    that being said i averaged 18-19 wins last fifa, so plus 6 wins if i try hard isnt bad of an improvement, hopefully can push higher next fifa

    At some point though I'm like... I've got coins, I'm trying and having fun, so who cares gold vs elite?

    I don't really have the motivation to improve from top %15 FUT players to top %10. The effort needed... and for what?

    for me its half sense of accomplishment to see I am indeed improving and the idea that with 3 more wins i could double my profits for the WL. Keep in mind i do play WL cuz I enjoy it, not just for coins, but there is that self accomplishment reward aspect.
    Whats frustrating is that this weekend i ended on 22 wins, where as months ago i finished 27 once or twice, so I have gone backwards.

    But do you think you've gotten worse (not actually gotten worse of course, but not improved as fast as the field), or is it just you're less motivated to grind for winds because we're getting so late in the game?

    Especially at this point, the difference in rewards isn't really gonna change your squads quality much right?

    It's never been about grinding just to get rewards for me, if I don't feel like playing WL i skip it, its pennies compared to what trading has earned me. Its just that personal sense of accomplishment to be able to finish elite week in week out I'm chasing.

    TBH i feel the reason I have gotten worse (in comparison to the comeptition) is just due to fifa issues this year, its gotten to the point only the hardcore players are left, which makes sense because who else would be grinding out WL at the end of this FIFAs life span.

    This has been my first year trading though, so with what I learned I'm hoping being able to get an mega team early on will help me with my push
  • Batman442
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    Not the same at all, I can get elite 1 without playing about 14/15 matches. Come WL I struggle to get elite 3 and even gold 1 lately
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Not for me personally, but Gold 1 is actually a pretty good rank when you factor that it's top 15% of players that also play FUT Champs, people that won div2/1 or 4 in a row in DKT, eliminating a large pool of players

    2e69958eea5a95e6d649357566beb94d.png




    Note:

    I used Squad battles percentages but they would be similar for FUT Champs give or take some %

    No way of knowing if these percentages are the same for fut champs. SB have dynamic ranks, fut champs has fixed ranks. You win 25 games in fut champs you're guaranteed gold 1, you do the same in SB it depends on the performance of others what rank you get. No comparison is possible.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    Very much! It's been said plenty by people close to EA that WL makes up about 10% of total FUT players. Now when you consider wins and losses are always going to be equal no matter how many games are played, it means the average rate is going to be 50%.
  • DeanoZoff
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    I qualified for fut champs last weekend and didnt play a single game

    No need to grind against sweaty try hards
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t consider myself good at the game at a Gold 1 WL standard. The percentages quoted from SB cannot be anywhere near accurate given the high number of better players I come up against every weekend. If the quoted figures were anything to go by, I would rarely come across good players.
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whufc wrote: »
    Sumitro wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    WL G1 has nothing, and I mean literally nothing to do with SB G1. Nothing. You can’t even compare those. I’d say SB E1 is mildly comparable to WL G1, and even then...

    It is easy to be on SB E1. I would say SB E1 comparable to Gold 2.

    Yh elite 1 in sb is very easy I managed it and I missed 16 games all 3 sets sat and 1 on sun

    Utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️. That would require you to average 2758 points every single game. So either you always thrash the CPU on Ultimate every single match or you play on legendary are win every single game scoring 5 goals, never conceeding, having 10 corners, with 99% pass accuracy and 75% possession.

    If you were that good, you could easily get top 100. So spare us the BS.
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain
    hes not comparing players directly, hes just comparing figures

    so hes suggesting 15% of players get G1 also in WL. Which is prob accurate
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I feel like I can't make Gold 1 I actually stop on Gold 3... something about Gold 2 rewards that makes me feel a bit sick.

    Seems like everyone you talk to is a Gold 1/2/3 player... but yeah I guess it has to level out right, if I can get 28 wins then surely someone has to only get 12 wins? Unless there are some scrubs who play, end 0-10 and help all of us to get positive results?
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    Guys you miss the point. It's not about skill level, cause squad battles is a piece of cake, it's about percentages in comparison to others level which is similar to WL. And Gold 1 is top 20/15% of players.


  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    How 66% winning rate can make you top 15%?
Sign In or Register to comment.