Comments

• mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    I agree, should have been 85.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Of course you do. I’m guessing you also pay £20.00 more than fifa costs when you buy it because that is what you think EA deserve.
  • mdizzl3

Of course you do. I’m guessing you also pay £20.00 more than fifa costs when you buy it because that is what you think EA deserve.

Almost correct. I donate occasionally to EA via FIFA points. Are you not a fan of EA and FIFA 18?
  • voisa
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    tbh i expected this bc la liga it has better players than the other leagues, and the tots that we can get for free are higher rated, plus the lowest rated u can get is 90 not 87.

• Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner

Almost correct. I donate occasionally to EA via FIFA points. Are you not a fan of EA and FIFA 18?

I think fifa 18 is the worst video game ever made. I’m growing to hate EA. Not for loot boxes or anything like that, simply because they’re making a fortune on fifa and put zero effort into gameplay. But mostly I’m just fascinated by you.
  • mdizzl3
    voisa wrote: »
    tbh i expected this bc la liga it has better players than the other leagues, and the tots that we can get for free are higher rated, plus the lowest rated u can get is 90 not 87.

Yeah exactly this, we have access to a free tots card through objectives which makes this SBC very cheap!
  • mdizzl3

I think fifa 18 is the worst video game ever made. I’m growing to hate EA. Not for loot boxes or anything like that, simply because they’re making a fortune on fifa and put zero effort into gameplay. But mostly I’m just fascinated by you.

Fair enough, do you play FIFA 18 still?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner

Does it though? Outside of the top 5 that we have virtually zero chance of packing I feel like the EPL tots has more usable (obtainable) cards from top to bottom. All of the second tier attackers are 3*/3*.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner

Yeah exactly this, we have access to a free tots card through objectives which makes this SBC very cheap!

My argument is not that it’s too expensive at 84 rated. In fact I think that is extremely fair in the overall sense of the game and sbc’s. My argument would be the EPL has the more useable cards and the sbc is cheaper. I feel like they are charging more for the .1% chance you have of getting one of the big boys.
  • mdizzl3

My argument is not that it’s too expensive at 84 rated. In fact I think that is extremely fair in the overall sense of the game and sbc’s. My argument would be the EPL has the more useable cards and the sbc is cheaper. I feel like they are charging more for the .1% chance you have of getting one of the big boys.

More likely to do with the fact that the lower available card is a 90. It's great value really.

Out of interest do you actually play FIFA 18?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018

More likely to do with the fact that the lower available card is a 90. It's great value really.

Around 1700 games. Owned every version since ‘98
  • mdizzl3

Why are you still.playing it if it's the worst game ever made? Surely you have something better to do with your time, or do you enjoy doing things you hate? Now that's fascinating.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I don't know how much effect one card has on the team rating, but this week the 'free' card in the objectives was 3 ratings higher than last week.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    84 + 1 TOTS seems fair to pack Griez, Suarez, Goataldo or Messi
  • nj10
    2866 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018

Exactly this.

If you did the MLS tots objective you have an 88 card.

For la liga sbc is an 84 rating

Where as for cristico you get a 86 rated card

For Bpl which had a 83 rating

So makes sense in a way
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    BMANUTD wrote: »

Yeah, like that's guaranteed.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018

Why are you still.playing it if it's the worst game ever made? Surely you have something better to do with your time, or do you enjoy doing things you hate? Now that's fascinating.

It’s a valid and interesting question. One in which I do not have a singular answer to. The most obvious answer is addiction. Not easy to just stop something you have been doing for 20 years. Secondly, in fairness there are many things in fifa I really enjoy. Almost all of them are outside of actually playing a match. Another answer is investment. Of both time and money. I’ve built the best team I’ve ever had. Many fifa 18 players have realized over the games life cycle just how bad it is. It’s not something you can fully grasp within a few weeks of the first patch. Lastly, my back. I’ve injured myself and have had a difficult time doing some of the other things I might do as opposed to play fifa (hence the ridiculous number of games). Long answer to your question. Basically any number or combination of a bunch of factors or I just don’t know.
  • mdizzl3

It’s a valid and interesting question. One in which I do not have a singular answer to. The most obvious answer is addiction. Not easy to just stop something you have been doing for 20 years. Secondly, in fairness there are many things in fifa I really enjoy. Almost all of them are outside of actually playing a match. Another answer is investment. Of both time and money. I’ve built the best team I’ve ever had. Many fifa 18 players have realized over the games life cycle just how bad it is. It’s not something you can fully grasp within a few weeks of the first patch. Lastly, my back. I’ve injured myself and have had a difficult time doing some of the other things I might do as opposed to play fifa (hence the ridiculous number of games). Long answer to your question. Basically any number or combination of a bunch of factors or I just don’t know.

Perhaps you should have a think before you criticise me on here next then. I simply play FIFA because I enjoy it, nothing wrong with that is there?
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    BMANUTD wrote: »

Yeah, like that's guaranteed.

More chance in this SBC than an ultimate pack.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7915 posts League Winner

Perhaps you should have a think before you criticise me on here next then. I simply play FIFA because I enjoy it, nothing wrong with that is there?

Nothing wrong with it at all. My criticism comes from the fact you can literally not admit EA has ever done anything wrong. People that blindly defend something generally draw my criticism. If you were more fair, then I wouldn’t care. I can write a list of things I like about fifa 18. But I doubt you could or would say anything you don’t like. And if you did it would be something totally trivial like you prefer the old rectangle style cards.
  • mdizzl3

Nothing wrong with it at all. My criticism comes from the fact you can literally not admit EA has ever done anything wrong. People that blindly defend something generally draw my criticism. If you were more fair, then I wouldn’t care. I can write a list of things I like about fifa 18. But I doubt you could or would say anything you don’t like. And if you did it would be something totally trivial like you prefer the old rectangle style cards.

I don't like:

- Poor servers at times
    - Freekicks are too difficult
    - I'd like another tournament type added to FUT. Maybe something with a theme.
    - The chem system gets abused.

Nothing game-breaking for me, I enjoy the game mode and the gameplay.
  • LahmChops
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite

I don't like:

- Poor servers at times
    - Freekicks are too difficult
    - I'd like another tournament type added to FUT. Maybe something with a theme.
    - The chem system gets abused.

Nothing game-breaking for me, I enjoy the game mode and the gameplay.

Testify! I agree 100%
  • Anarki301
    359 posts Sunday League Hero

Hehe, yeah right, anyway, cool, whatever helps you sleep. :smile:
  • mdizzl3
    Anarki301 wrote: »

Hehe, yeah right, anyway, cool, whatever helps you sleep. :smile:

Ok buddy. Thanks for playing.