Anyone Else Not Motivated to Play?

AFC_95
8828 posts League Winner
The start or TOTS got be back to playing a lot, I enjoyed the objectives SBCs and DKT even if I lost Callejon's one.

But now, with La Liga TOTS, I seriously can't be bothered. I'm either on H2H - which although this has better gameplay it's still broken - or not on FIFA. When I turn on my PS4 I don't say "let's play FIFA!" And that's what a good game would do.

I'll probably regret this if I play FIFA again this year as I've missed out on basically free chances at some awesome TOTS cards. But that's the state of this game.

The state of this MLS objective basically proves it all. They've gone basically a very easy free tots for two weeks with SB on WC and now they're like "we've sucked you back in so now let's make it 1000000x harder if you don't want to spend money"

I'm probably just moaning and complaining at this point but this is the first FIFA I've bought since the 2014 world cup game and right now I don't know if I'll be buying 19. I really hope the WC mode can save this edition of FIFA.

Comments

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    I actually think I've played more since the TOTS players were released as prizes.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I actually think I've played more since the TOTS players were released as prizes.

I did the first and second TOTS but for La Liga I'm back to how I was before TOTS...not bothered.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    I feel the same to be honest, even though you've to give the devs kudos for all the content. The gameplay is still atrocious, when that's missing you've a shell of a game.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I feel the same to be honest, even though you've to give the devs kudos for all the content. The gameplay is still atrocious, when that's missing you've a shell of a game.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how good the content is, if the gameplay isn't good the game won't be played as much. As you've seen it this year with pros quitting.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    AFC_95 wrote: »

I did the first and second TOTS but for La Liga I'm back to how I was before TOTS...not bothered.

The DKTs are something I would never bother with but have done them all so far since the prizes, similarly the 10 games for Valeri. The WL games I haven't bothered with after qualifying though.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

The DKTs are something I would never bother with but have done them all so far since the prizes, similarly the 10 games for Valeri. The WL games I haven't bothered with after qualifying though.

I think that's where EA got it a little wrong this tots. The Valeri objective. ROW objectives for the past two weeks have gotten me wanting to grind for them. For Valeri I tried and got frustrated. Score one with an MLS player and too many opponents would rather lose than play properly with a chance of you getting a second MLS goal.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

I think that's where EA got it a little wrong this tots. The Valeri objective. ROW objectives for the past two weeks have gotten me wanting to grind for them. For Valeri I tried and got frustrated. Score one with an MLS player and too many opponents would rather lose than play properly with a chance of you getting a second MLS goal.

Yeah I get what you're saying, wasn't a fun experience scoring 1 with a MLS player nd the opponent just quits because you're dominating them.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Yeah I get what you're saying, wasn't a fun experience scoring 1 with a MLS player nd the opponent just quits because you're dominating them.

Exactly. And that why I think they got it right for the other TOTS. Make it SB so you don't have to rely on other players as we know how most of them are. Will do anything to stop you winning.

I've had people get a red card and quit just before I take the penalty at the time we were drawing so I don't get the win.
  • _R9_
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just doing the SBC’s, got 15 games left on champs not going to be playing.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    _R9_ wrote: »
    Just doing the SBC’s, got 15 games left on champs not going to be playing.

Same. I'm doing SBCs just because.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I go through peaks and troughs. On friday night, I went into Fut champs with my expensive new squad and started off worse than ever. Was so fed up with the game. Tried again saturday and was actually enjoying it, couldn't wait to get into the next game.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    TOTS gave me a little motivation last week but That’s pretty much gone now.

But to be honest though I’m ok with that though. I spent about 60 quid on a game that I’ve been playing since October. Despite some frustrations at points I’ve got to be honest and say I consider that value for money.
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    i still enjoy to an extent but tbh im sure for most of us now we spend more time browsing transfers , sbcs , market ect that should be around 20 30% of fut but unfortunatly its probably 60 40 in favour of that over games nowdays lmao .
    in the old futs it was all about playing even tho there was less content to play now we have sb , wl and draft its still less about games than it was that says a hell of alot imo.
    they deffo should bring back bronze , silver importance with tourns , divisions ect that would be a start .
    content is great but ffs please go hell fo leather to address gameplay , matchmaking, wl issues and all the most important stuff for 19 please as playing football is the most important part right?
    may aswell be called fut manager at the min lmao
  • BakayokoOut
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    I feel like I rather play something else every time I start up FIFA lol
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    deang07 wrote: »
    i still enjoy to an extent but tbh im sure for most of us now we spend more time browsing transfers , sbcs , market ect that should be around 20 30% of fut but unfortunatly its probably 60 40 in favour of that over games nowdays lmao .
    in the old futs it was all about playing even tho there was less content to play now we have sb , wl and draft its still less about games than it was that says a hell of alot imo.
    they deffo should bring back bronze , silver importance with tourns , divisions ect that would be a start .
    content is great but ffs please go hell fo leather to address gameplay , matchmaking, wl issues and all the most important stuff for 19 please as playing football is the most important part right?

And even it FUT gameplay was amazing it should be called FUT. Not FIFA. The other game modes are terrible.
  • ICUP
    6324 posts Big Money Move

And even it FUT gameplay was amazing it should be called FUT. Not FIFA. The other game modes are terrible.

You’ve played career mode, co-op seasons, seasons & pro clubs and they are terrible??

Lol alright then
  • OZero
    7611 posts League Winner
    ICUP wrote: »

You’ve played career mode, co-op seasons, seasons & pro clubs and they are terrible??

Lol alright then

To be honest I can play those modes with 99% similar contents back in Fifa 11. Now it is 18.
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t see anything wrong with this particular weekly objective. A lot of us wanted something to grind towards as opposed to paying for packs/sbcs etc.

I get that the majority want instant gratification so I think that’s why a lot of people don’t like this objective.
    But getting a high rated tots should be about putting hours into gameplay, like in a fps a reward for, say, 50 head shots. It’s meant to be a bit challenging and the reward is proportionate to that
  • Momus
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    Though only criticism is I think they should have included fut champs in it
  • ICUP
    edited May 2018
    OZero wrote: »

Lol alright then

To be honest I can play those modes with 99% similar contents back in Fifa 11. Now it is 18.

Co op seasons in Fifa 11- alright then since it wasn’t about

Pro clubs has barely had any changes but the fun is in playing with a group of people

Career mode is split into two with the general career mode with contract negations/ training & My journey

Seasons has been the same but gameplay is a lot smoother and it’s still generally more fun than FUT (personal opinion)

But yeah “99% similar content in Fifa 11”

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Lol alright then

Way too many bugs in all of them. I'll tell you one that's been around since the start. In player career if you get an offer and decline it you won't get another one. And like someone said below all modes on FIFA 18 bar FUT are the same as they were years ago.
  • SebastienEngelhart
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Same here, ive not spent money on packs or anything this year. And with the guaranteed TOTS, ive got some of the best players ive ever used. But for some reason im enjoying it less.

My team just isn't playing fluid, but wierdly im winning more than normal. But grinding out a lot of late winners/equalizers.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Same here, ive not spent money on packs or anything this year. And with the guaranteed TOTS, ive got some of the best players ive ever used. But for some reason im enjoying it less.

My team just isn't playing fluid, but wierdly im winning more than normal. But grinding out a lot of late winners/equalizers.

The game is too unpredictable. You could play well but game not smooth and the next day it's better. It shouldn't be like that.
  • ICUP

Lol alright then

Way too many bugs in all of them. I'll tell you one that's been around since the start. In player career if you get an offer and decline it you won't get another one. And like someone said below all modes on FIFA 18 bar FUT are the same as they were years ago.

1st statement is false

& your last statement is false.

Career mode is different and its not as if you can change co-op seasons & seasons since they work perfectly fine as they are with the yearly team updates.

Bare in mind I only quoted you initially because you said these other game modes are terrible when they are really not. Highly doubt you have even played all the game modes
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Lol alright then

1st statement is false

& your last statement is false.

Career mode is different and its not as if you can change co-op seasons & seasons since they work perfectly fine as they are with the yearly team updates.

Bare in mind I only quoted you initially because you said these other game modes are terrible when they are really not. Highly doubt you have even played all the game modes

It's a known fact that EA spend more resources and time bringing new modes and "improving" FUT. They don't do that with other modes. So, to me, they're not good. Sorry for having a different opinion :trollface: