WL....harder than ever?

JMorrisqpr
277 posts Sunday League Hero
Anyone else notice this? I guess its because the only people left playing are the ones who are good at the game and all have prime icons everywhere. From my 14th win onwards every single game was vs a tough opponent who had a god team.

Its also taking me a at least 20-30seconds to actually find a game which I think is also indicative of how few people are still playing.

Less casuals = a higher level of competition I guess, even in those early games where normally you'd play a lot of average teams controlled by people who don't have a scooby.

Comments

• C o b r a
    625 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yea man obviously, its rougher competition for everybody lefts in wl, even pros got some more problems
  • JMorrisqpr
    Yeah its tough, making me feel like WL isn't worth the grind anymore, pretty demoralising to be seeing prime R9 R10 Vieira Gullit Ferdinand etc almost every game. Especially when the guy controlling them is also a solid player.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    yeah, everyone now has a TOTS, Firmino and Son are giving me problems
  • THORPT
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yup. That's why I think having those SBC's for everyone to get good cards so easily is both good and bad... Gets annoying to see the same PL TOTS again and again...

Thank god the world cup mode is close and should be refreshing :smile:
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Been business as per for me tbh and I'm not experiencing the long wait times like you mentioned, everyone has a different experience, however.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    It says a lot about this game when pros have quit lol.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Yes, it seems that less players are playing this WL. I played 12 games so far and faced same opponent twice. It also takes longer to find the opponent.
    I agree that it feels way harder compared to previous WLs. Actually teams with Bakayoko, Martial and Jesus bring more pain than icon/TOTS squads.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    EVERY week theres a thread that wl has got harder. EVERY week there are threads saying sb has got harder. can we just understand that there is varience whenever a game with as many moving parts as fifa is involved. the difficulties remain constant but luck changes.
  • JMorrisqpr
    kraid wrote: »
    EVERY week theres a thread that wl has got harder. EVERY week there are threads saying sb has got harder. can we just understand that there is varience whenever a game with as many moving parts as fifa is involved. the difficulties remain constant but luck changes.

Im not talking about the actual game changing, I'm talking about the calibre of opponents that are still playing WL.

• Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    JMorrisqpr wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »

Im not talking about the actual game changing, I'm talking about the calibre of opponents that are still playing WL.

My WL experience is same as ever.. EA wont let me past 50/50 win ratio :D
    Everytime i have more wins than losses i face hardcore players to even my ratio :D
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7581 posts League Winner
    It feels harder. The games for the most part are just more challenging. That said I’m still going to get the same number of wins I get, well every single other weekend.
  • RedKraut
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ive had one of my best starts to date (15-0). Havent faced any true E1 talent yet. Just sweaty tryhards on the ol' 7atb+counter.
  • Dinksy
    2254 posts Fans' Favourite
    had one of my best for a while, currently sitting at 26-10. Hope i make Elite :grimace:
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    Hardest wl all year, every game was against better players with high rated monthlys, usually get gold but struggling to get to silver 1! Gunna have a break till after wc!
  • Tennster10
    2639 posts Fans' Favourite
    I find it very hard this weekend as well. Bad start and just couldn’t get it going. Hoping for G2. All these tots bpl cards just unreal. So hard to stop.