The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    It was genuinely funny how lightweight Piazon was.

tenor.gif?itemid=6175133

I usually defend him, because I do like him- but today and against Sunderland he's been woeful. Need to hope Ayite's fit for Friday.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    The important question ryan217, are you going to **** off to the PL Lounge now?

Oh god I hadn't even thought about it, I don't know if there's much point posting in there as last time I was in there you were ignored unless you were talking about the top 6 teams.

I think it's slightly better now but still not great. Maybe post in both. It's only for a year anyway.
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    DelboyIRA wrote: »

Evans starting early :joy: be a whole new side there by June
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    Would like Forrester here :smiley:
  • DelboyIRA
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    TimRUFC wrote: »

For a start, he might bring Rose from Mansfield
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Im emailing Boro and telling them not to bother turning up for the semi final games, Villa fans are 100% convinced they will turn us over easily so is there any point even going :|
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up

Pls no :s
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Would like Forrester here :smiley:

I love Chris, but he's been too inconsistent the last couple seasons. The same with most of these, with the right team they'll probably do really well, that team just wasn't us.
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Going to find out in the next 24 hours if Grayson is going to sign a contract to manage us. Tbh not fussed if he is our manager next season or not. Not done much to impress in the half a season he has just had with us.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If EFL Fantasy Football existed...

The Championship
    debc3639ce0d5c5774d8f5dd32d7fa0d.jpg

League One
    425e437d0853220b01d583dcdc6b94c1.jpg

League Two
    025cbdc8fd7117199f2e1879d9f5c45d.jpg

• TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up

Seems like an Evans type of striker tbh, said all along that Marriot doesn’t suit his style of play and he’ll get you better when he goes. He needs a target man type to lump the ball too if all else fails and he’d fit the bill. No doubt he’ll be successful for you tbh but the club will play a price in the end 100% with the turnover of players in such a short space of time
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Sessegnon would’ve probably been a defender at the start of the season for a Fantasy thing. Don’t know how that would change it, if it even would.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Sessegnon would’ve probably been a defender at the start of the season for a Fantasy thing. Don’t know how that would change it, if it even would.

He'd have got more points for every goal.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    Blackada18 wrote: »
    If EFL Fantasy Football existed...

The Championship
    debc3639ce0d5c5774d8f5dd32d7fa0d.jpg

League One
    425e437d0853220b01d583dcdc6b94c1.jpg

League Two
    025cbdc8fd7117199f2e1879d9f5c45d.jpg

The Guardian do a Championship Fantasy Football. They used to do an EFL one where you could select players from all 3 leagues and their values were obviously adjusted accordingly. Was fantastic. It was the season where Flint was scoring goals for fun, got me so many points.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Sorry, the Telegraph rather.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Just had a look and I've actually finished 1221st overall in the Championship one. Decent.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Can I just say a huge congratulations go Wednesday on their 3rd place finish this season.
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner
    Why would you even say that even if you do think it :lol:

215_BF275-_F0_CD-4106-_AA7_C-_B50_C19_B77883.png
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    I wouldn’t even say they are in the top 5 for big clubs in the championship next season anyway. just cause they’ve been average in the prem for the last 10 years.
  • Dandingooo
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Their team is terrible. Lots of overpaid players/players who don’t want to be there. Can’t see them going up especially with lambert in charge
  • Farlz
    9603 posts League Winner
    Paul Lambert is a joke
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    They'll be in and around the Top 6. They could probably get approximately 80-100 Mill for their players who are likely to leave like Shaqiri, Butland, Allen, Martins Indi etc. that plus parachute payments and unlike Sunderland and Hull having an owner who'll actually want to spend.

Unless some of them have ridiculously low relegation clauses like Jonny Evans does.
  • KieranBWFC
    1026 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Think Millwall will win the league next season, break Readings points total as well. What a side, what a club, what a manager.

Would have said Fulham due to Cairney's quality, but doubt he'll be fully fit.
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner
    There’s so many examples of teams thinking they’re too good to come down/stay down and then being 🎃🎃🎃🎃 that you’d think they’d just shut up and quietly get on with it.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    KieranBWFC wrote: »
    Think Millwall will win the league next season, break Readings points total as well. What a side, what a club, what a manager.

I agree. A 34 year old Steve Morison, top goal scorer without a doubt.

Can we have Beevers back yet?
  • KieranBWFC
    1026 posts Professional

He is out of contract, feel free to have him.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    What’s your opinion on Keith Curle ? @Notts
  • Akinfenwaaaa

He is out of contract, feel free to have him.

Not a big fan of him anymore? I thought he was decent in your promotion season last year, would only be backup to Cooper and Hutchinson anyway.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    We'll be up to 11 TV games for this season after the two Derby games. Genuinely think that's more than we ever had in a Prem season.