Prime Rio Worth It?

ConMan123
255 posts Sunday League Hero
Have a number of high rated untradeables (90 zlatan, 86 gio- just got the 90 in pack) so was thinking i would do the Prime Rio SBC or could afford to buy his 88. Worth it to do the sbc instead?

Comments

• Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    He's good, yes. However with tots out now, you will see many alternatives for cheaper
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    Only if you have a lot of untradables that make him super cheap.
  • ConMan123
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Probably would still cost me about 700k
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    ConMan123 wrote: »

You can prob buy a super defender with that
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018

Wouldn't say it's wise to spend that much on an untradable when TOTS is out. But he's a top defender, so it's up to you, I guess.
  • Yangster1984
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is for sure the best center back in the game right now. I see it as by doing prime rio u have a much wider opportunity to try different op tots defenders due to the links
  • ConMan123

Wouldn't say it's wise to spend that much on an untradable when TOTS is out. But he's a top defender, so it's up to you, I guess.

Yeah I’d say that’s pretty much my exact same thought haha.
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get 93 Pique instead and thank me later.
  • ConMan123
    Lambo91 wrote: »

Basically everyone else on here have said he is worthless
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    As much as I'd argue against prime icons at the moment, Prime Rio is just as good as any top TOTS defender, once you've thrown an anchor/shadow onto him. He's such a presence in defence, you really notice him.

Additionally, while some of the cheaper TOTS are fun to use, they're impossible to link properly unless you have icons. For me, having a few prime icons is allowing me to try out players like MOTM Talisca, TOTS Van Ginkel, IF Arias, SIF Telles etc....... and that makes the game fun for me personally
  • ConMan123
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    As much as I'd argue against prime icons at the moment, Prime Rio is just as good as any top TOTS defender, once you've thrown an anchor/shadow onto him. He's such a presence in defence, you really notice him.

Additionally, while some of the cheaper TOTS are fun to use, they're impossible to link properly unless you have icons. For me, having a few prime icons is allowing me to try out players like MOTM Talisca, TOTS Van Ginkel, IF Arias, SIF Telles etc....... and that makes the game fun for me personally

What you just described and what has been stated before is kind of the two thoughts i have about it. Prime CB would make it easier to create some fun teams and use some other players that aren’t used as often but also hard spending that much for untradeable with tots here. Are his lower rated cards tradeable better options or does that make it less worth doing it for like the 88 rio?
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    Stevie_G wrote: »

What you just described and what has been stated before is kind of the two thoughts i have about it. Prime CB would make it easier to create some fun teams and use some other players that aren’t used as often but also hard spending that much for untradeable with tots here. Are his lower rated cards tradeable better options or does that make it less worth doing it for like the 88 rio?

Couldn't tell you about the 88, I've only used the 90 version. Over the many months I've had him, he's consistently solid. Makes the odd mistake but every CB does the same thing, such is defending in this game.

Sure, there may well be some comparable TOTS CBs for 50-100k, but you mightn't be able to get these guys onto full chemistry without an icon at the back. If getting Rio allows you to use some other fun players, and makes the game fun for you, then you should absolutely do him. I've really enjoyed using Talisca and Van Ginkel. I wouldn't have been able to use these guys without icons
  • Barry Allannnn
    1750 posts Play-Off Hero

Been amazing for me so far. Will keep him until TOTS Umtiti I think.
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    Tots ramos price prediction?
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

Been amazing for me so far. Will keep him until TOTS Umtiti I think.

Same. Worthless is just too negative. He stops every single challenge; he even pushed over 87 Lukaku so that should tell you something. Maybe those who said he's worthless are bad at defending.
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m halfway to finish his sbc
    Waiting for 84-87 crash on friday
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Rio or Prime Maldini?
  • ConMan123
    letsfifa10 wrote: »
    I’m halfway to finish his sbc
    Waiting for 84-87 crash on friday

Due to BPL tots?

• mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    Get 88 rio
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Get 88 rio

I had him If prime is anything like him I won’t like prime :o
  • ConMan123
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Get 88 rio

I had him If prime is anything like him I won’t like prime :o

So who has been your favorite cb?
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Yep, best CB in this game and any other Fifa.
  • Lambo91
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    3NG wrote: »

You obviously never tried 94 Maldini.
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    3NG wrote: »

You obviously never tried 94 Maldini.

Interesting

c46ffac1d16f96de0f15494e3d486a0a.png

• Amdp9
    6831 posts Big Money Move
    I would say so costed me final when opponent headed on 120th min :( with Prime Ferd. he blocked my R10 to attack