Karlos wrote: »
    Is there actually a good ref ?

Howard Webb was very good but now there is none
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    That's our playoff hopes just about done and dusted.

In my opinion, Derby will be there just to make up the numbers and they will 110% bottle the playoffs. Can only really see Villa/Fulham winning the playoffs depending on who goes up automatically now.

Gutted to be honest, but to even be in the picture at this point in the season is an unbelievable achievement. Hopefully we recruit well over Summer, consolidate ourselves as a Championship side next season and maybe sneak in to the playoffs, then really go for it the year after. Hopefully Harris keeps the core of this squad together. Real shame Morison is getting on a bit, Gregory's getting up there too.

Still absolutely livid about the Cahill/Mitrovic situation. How Cahill's been punished and Mitrovic hasn't is well and truly beyond me. Consistency would be nice.

How do you 'bottle the play offs' if you come 6th and are the underdog in them? :D

You're hardly the underdog, you have the Championship's Top Scorer and arguably the best Goalkeeper in the league.

That being said, you 'bottle the playoffs' by simply being there to make up the numbers. Like Walsall when they got in to the playoffs to then lose 6-1 over the two legs without really troubling Barnsley.

Would Millwall be in there just to make up the numbers, if you make it?

Not a chance. We've been completely outplayed over a solid 150 minutes of football the entire season. The first game against Wolves, the second half against Fulham, and that spell against Derby where you scored 3 goals in quick succession. Besides that, we've held our own. I stand by what I said a few days ago, if we get in to the playoffs, we are winning them. This team would run through brick walls for Harris. Without the dodgy goalkeeping, poor officiating and the FA doing their best to do us in, we'd comfortably be in the playoffs.

Give it a rest, you sound like Sunderland fans blaming the refs for being relegated. If it wasnt for the fact we only had as many points as we do we would have won the league.

If you'd witnessed the goalkeeping and refereeing I have this year, you'd understand.

Jordan Archer has dropped 7-10 points on his own.

In the first ~8 games of the season there were incredibly dodgy refereeing decisions which impacted the game heavily

Bristol City - Deidhou should have been sent off for punching Saville in the face off the ball, nothing, not even a retrospective ban.. funny that

Few things to say
    1. Diédhiou was booked and never punched Saville in the face.
    2. Saville was the one who should’ve got sent off after constantly arguing with the ref, yes he was booked but even when he was booked he carried on
    3. We’ve had so many poor refs this season and so have most if not all of the teams in this league.

So stop moaning when your club is massively overachieving aswell.

I genuinely can’t remember a single moment of that game let alone someone getting punched in the face. I must have been asleep (if you’ve never seen a 0-0 between Bristol City and Millwall it’s a superb cure for insomnia)

There was a break out between Saville and Diédhiou, we thought Saville should’ve been sent off, Millwall thought Diédhiou should’ve been sent off both players got yellow

I legit have zero recollection of that. But this season feels like it’s lasted about 3 years so I’m not surprised I can’t remember the early bits at my age :lol:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

I think most of the time you wouldn't be able to name a "good ref" because it'll mean that they've gone relatively unnoticed throughout a game. Like, I thought the Ref we had when we beat Reading a few weeks ago did really well, but for the life of me I couldn't name him off the back of it.
  • WFCBagnall
    90339 posts Moderator
    Northampton fans complaining that they can't get anymore tickets for Saturday even though they've sold their max allocation of 2000.

The rest of the stadium is pretty much sold out and they sold only 120 by this time last week.

:joy:
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move

I think most of the time you wouldn't be able to name a "good ref" because it'll mean that they've gone relatively unnoticed throughout a game. Like, I thought the Ref we had when we beat Reading a few weeks ago did really well, but for the life of me I couldn't name him off the back of it.

was class when we had 12v10 against you in August and we still didn't win. Suppose in hindsight that was a warning of things to come
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited April 2018
    Handy Andy wrote: »

was class when we had 12v10 against you in August and we still didn't win. Suppose in hindsight that was a warning of things to come

I still can't get my head around I think it was Moore pulling AK47 back when he was chasing a long ball over the top and the Ref not giving him a 2nd Yellow. Just summed that game up in-terms of the Ref. Think that game, Cardiff at home and Burton away are the three games where I've been genuinely angry with a refs performance this season.

Think Kalas might just have a Madejski Stadium curse given what happened in the Play-Offs there as well.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Reckon Leeds owner might be onto something here, they're off to Myanmar in the summer and if half of them get kidnapped, he won't have bother trying to get rid of them.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Forest - Morison's disallowed goal. Debatable.
    I realise that in Bermondsey shoving might be considered little foreplay but in the professional sport of football, you can't really foul a goalkeeper and expect it to stand.
    6832aaf06f520bcf3a4867192e6c52bf.gif

Was this you in the blue?
    a50848901acfad3775535b5d162d1cc7.gif

• Dizzy Bala
    Also don't whinge about injustice, 1983 Uefa Cup Semi Final, Forest got cheated out of the final by a referee that got bribed by Anderlecht. UEFA had the evidence for four years and didn't do anything about it, never even got an apology.

Don't even get me started on Financial Fair Play.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    iHilarious wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Blackada18 wrote: »
    No IF Theo Robinson for his hat-trick :( **** EA

Apparently you only get informs for hat tricks AGAINST Southend :*

They got an IF when Coker got 3 assists against us :smiley:

Only him and Dan Bentley have got special cards since FUT :( and @WFCBagnall we've had 4 hat tricks scored against us this year, 3 informs as Kieffer Moore didn't have a FUT 17 card. (Eaves '17, Oztumer, Whiteman) so it's bs that he didn't get an inform
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    1983 Uefa Cup Semi Final, Forest got cheated out of the final by a referee that got bribed by Anderlecht. UEFA had the evidence for four years and didn't do anything about it, never even got an apology.

Did you read about that in school?
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
  • Dizzy Bala
    1983 Uefa Cup Semi Final, Forest got cheated out of the final by a referee that got bribed by Anderlecht. UEFA had the evidence for four years and didn't do anything about it, never even got an apology.

Yeah, turns out we've actually got a history to read up on.
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner

Savage
  • Dizzy Bala

Savage
    Never played for us mate

• BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner

Savage
    Never played for us mate

Classic Balanter
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited April 2018
    Can't say I was expecting to see that Shahid Khan might be buying Wembley today.
  • AaronMFC
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    I always believe things balance out over the course of the season. Like we had the shocking decision for the Burton penalty, but then against Boro we got away with a blatant one when Kalas should've given one away and then scored a suspect one in the last minute.

The idea refereeing decisions balance out over a season just cant be true. Some teams will profit massively and others suffer significantly. Off the top of my head we had traore wrongly sent off after 5 mins at villa, the game you mentioned. For us sheffield united had a goal wrongly disallowed against us (wasnt a foul in the first place but two wrongs dont make a right) and we got a penalty at leeds that was the worst decision i have seen all season. This is just what i can remember now so it just about has evened out for us but no way thats the case for every other team.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    Forest - Morison's disallowed goal. Debatable.
    I realise that in Bermondsey shoving might be considered little foreplay but in the professional sport of football, you can't really foul a goalkeeper and expect it to stand.
    6832aaf06f520bcf3a4867192e6c52bf.gif

Was this you in the blue?
    a50848901acfad3775535b5d162d1cc7.gif

You can see your Goalkeeper falling backwards anyway, ready to dive on Morison's shot. Gregory barely touches him but he makes a big deal out of it as if Gregory's tried to launch him in to the stand behind the goal, and as per, the goalkeeper gets the benefit of the doubt. Goalkeepers in general get far too much protection, the second they hit the deck from a set piece they get given a free kick 99% of the time.

Regardless, we shouldn't have lost that game. We dominated you for most of the game but once again it's Archer who's at fault from a shot outside the area.

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    ryan217 wrote: »
    mott1993 wrote: »

In my opinion, Derby will be there just to make up the numbers and they will 110% bottle the playoffs. Can only really see Villa/Fulham winning the playoffs depending on who goes up automatically now.

Gutted to be honest, but to even be in the picture at this point in the season is an unbelievable achievement. Hopefully we recruit well over Summer, consolidate ourselves as a Championship side next season and maybe sneak in to the playoffs, then really go for it the year after. Hopefully Harris keeps the core of this squad together. Real shame Morison is getting on a bit, Gregory's getting up there too.

Still absolutely livid about the Cahill/Mitrovic situation. How Cahill's been punished and Mitrovic hasn't is well and truly beyond me. Consistency would be nice.

How do you 'bottle the play offs' if you come 6th and are the underdog in them? :D

You're hardly the underdog, you have the Championship's Top Scorer and arguably the best Goalkeeper in the league.

That being said, you 'bottle the playoffs' by simply being there to make up the numbers. Like Walsall when they got in to the playoffs to then lose 6-1 over the two legs without really troubling Barnsley.

Not a chance. We've been completely outplayed over a solid 150 minutes of football the entire season. The first game against Wolves, the second half against Fulham, and that spell against Derby where you scored 3 goals in quick succession. Besides that, we've held our own. I stand by what I said a few days ago, if we get in to the playoffs, we are winning them. This team would run through brick walls for Harris. Without the dodgy goalkeeping, poor officiating and the FA doing their best to do us in, we'd comfortably be in the playoffs.

Give it a rest, you sound like Sunderland fans blaming the refs for being relegated. If it wasnt for the fact we only had as many points as we do we would have won the league.

If you'd witnessed the goalkeeping and refereeing I have this year, you'd understand.

Referees in this league are borderline terrible so don't act like you're the only one who's witnessed it

There's a chance that one of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen against Burton away costs us automatic promotion (and potentially sends another team down if Burton stay up), but no, it's just Millwall. No one likes them, remember.

What about the blatant pen and incorrect offside call you got in your favour against Brentford? Could potentially cost Brentford play-offs and send you up.

If we're going to look at shocking decisions being costly though, our goal at Millwall being disallowed to award us a free kick on the edge of the box is far worse but it's just one of many that have gone against us, at the end of the day you just have to get on with it, no use complaining about **** refs and if (when) we do miss out on promotion I wouldn't use them as an excuse.

What blatant penalty, and what incorrect offside call?
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner
    #JusticeForMillwall
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I always believe things balance out over the course of the season. Like we had the shocking decision for the Burton penalty, but then against Boro we got away with a blatant one when Kalas should've given one away and then scored a suspect one in the last minute.

The idea refereeing decisions balance out over a season just cant be true. Some teams will profit massively and others suffer significantly. Off the top of my head we had traore wrongly sent off after 5 mins at villa, the game you mentioned. For us sheffield united had a goal wrongly disallowed against us (wasnt a foul in the first place but two wrongs dont make a right) and we got a penalty at leeds that was the worst decision i have seen all season. This is just what i can remember now so it just about has evened out for us but no way thats the case for every other team.

I doubt there's exact parity for every team, but I think a team that has a massive imbalance would be the exception to the rule rather than the norm.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    ryan217 wrote: »
    mott1993 wrote: »

Referees in this league are borderline terrible so don't act like you're the only one who's witnessed it

There's a chance that one of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen against Burton away costs us automatic promotion (and potentially sends another team down if Burton stay up), but no, it's just Millwall. No one likes them, remember.

What about the blatant pen and incorrect offside call you got in your favour against Brentford? Could potentially cost Brentford play-offs and send you up.

If we're going to look at shocking decisions being costly though, our goal at Millwall being disallowed to award us a free kick on the edge of the box is far worse but it's just one of many that have gone against us, at the end of the day you just have to get on with it, no use complaining about **** refs and if (when) we do miss out on promotion I wouldn't use them as an excuse.

What blatant penalty, and what incorrect offside call?

I haven't seen them back, but I think Watkins (?) was played through on goal and was given as offside when he was clearly on. Then Johansen hand-balled the ball in the box when he was in the wall for a Brentford Free-Kick.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up

Tbf to him Bristol City were only founded a year before that match.

#Balanter
  • BRISTOL86
    9176 posts League Winner

Tbf to him Bristol City were only founded a year before that match.

#Balanter

Bit rich for a club that’s only been in the football league for 3 seasons

#Brisrespect
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    tenor.gif?itemid=8397690
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    Stop.