How to counter ptb+counter attack?

ofaroldainternet
1072 posts Professional
How do you manage to play against an opponent who is ptb and playing on the counter attack?
Say they score a lucky goal, you are playing better, get to build the play well but encounter a box always full of people so you can't find an entrance and no space to shoot without a block. How do you counter that?

I play 4231 narrow, low (48) pressure, low (55) aggression. Cdms and fullbacks stay back and the rest pretty much balanced. Sometimes I tell my st to get in behind and press the defense, but in these situations it doesn't help.

Usually in these cases I get 60% or more possession, usually finish losing 1-0 and don't know what I could've done different..

Any ideas? How do you approach this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Pick his weakest full back, target him, Play wide and cross the ball in.

Crosses are a ptb kryptonite unless you have short players up front
  • ofaroldainternet
    1072 posts Professional
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    Pick his weakest full back, target him, Play wide and cross the ball in.

Crosses are a ptb kryptonite unless you have short players up front

Thanks. I'll try that
  • Buzzbuzz
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2018
    Spam long shots. I've got EOAE Kaka, SBC Ibrahimovic, SBC Giovinco and IF Alessandrini, I can just finesse shot or rifle them in from anywhere around the box within 10 yards, so if they stand off you just have a crack
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    Spam long shots. I've got EOAE Kaka, SBC Ibrahimovic, SBC Giovinco and IF Alessandrini, I can just finesse shot or rifle them in from anywhere around the box within 10 yards, so if they stand off you just have a crack

Exactly this, if they're gonna stand off you and give you space you may as well take long finesse shot, provided you've got someone capable of pulling them off consistently, I've got OTW Salah, 95 Neymar and 93 Dybala in their respective positions and if someone gives just a yard or two of space around 20-30 yards out you can guarantee I'm gonna have a crack and 9/10 times it results in a goal
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »

Yup.
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finesse shots outside the D or L1crosses with 4 bars from just inside the box at touchline to their short RB/LB
    I prefer playing against ptb then people who know to pressure
  • Oneillr
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2018
    L2 +R1 and shoot is a faster finesse shot, they always are on target from within 20 yards
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    Play ultra attacking, counter attack. That way when attacking you can overwhelm him, and on the counter your back line is deep enough to where he can't just one through ball it to his strikers in space.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    How do you manage to play against an opponent who is ptb and playing on the counter attack?
    Say they score a lucky goal, you are playing better, get to build the play well but encounter a box always full of people so you can't find an entrance and no space to shoot without a block. How do you counter that?

I play 4231 narrow, low (48) pressure, low (55) aggression. Cdms and fullbacks stay back and the rest pretty much balanced. Sometimes I tell my st to get in behind and press the defense, but in these situations it doesn't help.

Usually in these cases I get 60% or more possession, usually finish losing 1-0 and don't know what I could've done different..

Any ideas? How do you approach this problem?

Thanks.

Increse shooting in custom tactics to like 75. Spam long shots and finese shots. I have Gullit and everyshot is on target. Any good player would stop parking the bus. I have played people and even when i lead 3-0 they still park the bus. When you lead just pass at the back till he comes out.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    False 9. Or abuse the wings lots of passing will open up the defence
  • ofaroldainternet
    1072 posts Professional
    Play ultra attacking, counter attack. That way when attacking you can overwhelm him, and on the counter your back line is deep enough to where he can't just one through ball it to his strikers in space.

That's an idea I'll try. Thanks.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16014 posts World Class
    Like said already, Smash long shots. Make sure your using someone capable. Bday draxler is who I'm using and it's a goal 9/10 with either foot