Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone used both 92&94 Maldini? Thinking the difference between the two is negligible when shadow/anchor applied. Really doesn't seem worth the price difference
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    Anyone used both 92&94 Maldini? Thinking the difference between the two is negligible when shadow/anchor applied. Really doesn't seem worth the price difference

Prime feels quicker to me but probably not worth it unless you’ve a stacked team already.
  • Thedudeabides
    ha032742 wrote: »

Prime feels quicker to me but probably not worth it unless you’ve a stacked team already.

Yeah, think I'll grind out another week and do the prime, he's the last icon I'm after and want the prime purely down to vanity lol

I might just open the packs I've saved and complete him this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback
  • Pasca91
    78 posts Park Captain
    If Pele is released today, do you reckon Icon prices will go up a little? Maybe 40-50k?
  • rnmays1
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    Pasca91 wrote: »
    If Pele is released today, do you reckon Icon prices will go up a little? Maybe 40-50k?

Think it dependa whether the upgrade sbc gets re released again
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2087 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pasca91 wrote: »

I think the floor might rise to 330 ish but not loads
  • Overandover
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    What price do you gents think the cheapest baby Icons will settle at during the coming crash?
  • Bigfootisblurry
    What price do you gents think the cheapest baby Icons will settle at during the coming crash?

Depends on the sbc but I don't think they'll dip far below 270/280
  • Yermawfc
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zanetti (92) at CB anyone?
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    Yermawfc wrote: »
    Zanetti (92) at CB anyone?

50 jumping? Just... No! Not even a rb because of far post crosses will be a certain goal
  • Thedudeabides
    Would you rather?

Get Maldini, Blanc and Zanetti(all primes)

Or

Prime Gullit?
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    Would you rather?

Or

Prime Gullit?

Gullit
  • Thedudeabides
    Would you rather?

Or

Prime Gullit?

Gullit

I never planned on getting Gullit, but played 2 people who had him yesterday and he bossed it, couldn't get the ball off him and he hit 2 bangers. It kinda changed my mind about him, would slot perfectly into my team but would leave me a long way off from finishing Maldini.

Thinking back to those games, he seems like a real game changer, yeah I'll do Gullit. Maldini can wait until TOTS.
  • number7rocky
    3652 posts National Call-Up
    Very tempted by Zanetti. Very cheap for a prime icon. Any reviews from anyone who completed him already? I can complete the 86 rated squad for 40k, just have buy a Godin, all other cards are red fut champs plus the 87 swap Koke. Can complete it for 200k before packs. Would still have 1.6 mil
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was waiting to try that prime Pele, i can say i am disappointed trying his loan.
    I must say i use him as CF because it is the only available spot in my 4321, i love his long shot however i prefer by far r94 because his weak foot is a disaster and his passing/finishing nothing special. probably he can be a good cam. At this point i don't know if it make sense to get r96, i should sell r94 because i'm not gonna do the sbc, i already did that error with prime Maldini, the italian defender is apparently quicker but it feels very clumsy in his movement, i would come back to the 92 immediatly.

Don't forget that there is not a good or a bad player, it depends if it suits your style of play, as for example i love my toty alves and i wont change him with anybody (till tots at least) while it seems nobody use him.
  • fifaUTben
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    88 Vieira or 90 Petit?

CCM 4312

Petit’s currently about 300k less
  • number7rocky
    3652 posts National Call-Up
    fifaUTben wrote: »
    88 Vieira or 90 Petit?

CCM 4312

Just go for 88 Petit, literally the same card apart from 2 pace as the the prime. With a shadow 99 in defending stats. 88 Vieira is a luxury. Worth it if your team is stacked everywhere else
  • fifaUTben
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fifaUTben wrote: »
    88 Vieira or 90 Petit?

CCM 4312

Just go for 88 Petit, literally the same card apart from 2 pace as the the prime. With a shadow 99 in defending stats. 88 Vieira is a luxury. Worth it if your team is stacked everywhere else

Thanks for the reply, that would certainly free up some coins i could spend elsewhere

This would be the team

21m85dk.png
  • Thedudeabides
    Would you rather?

Or

Prime Gullit?

Gullit

You were so right, he's unbelievable

What a card.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    90adp at cam and prime henry or just 94 r9 and a whatever cam?
  • LiamSully
    5769 posts Big Money Move
    94 R9 imo
  • Matt1789
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    TOTY Bonucci? Any good, be in a CB partnership with Puyol.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    Matt1789 wrote: »
    TOTY Bonucci? Any good, be in a CB partnership with Puyol.

I found him very, very good.
  • Dromeo777
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    How is 91 pele as a st? Looking to pair him up with prime dinho in 4312

Was debating on r90 or pele
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Could someone check his prime Gullit traits? I have him with power header only and would like to know if it's normal.
  • Nicku32
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dromeo777 wrote: »
    How is 91 pele as a st? Looking to pair him up with prime dinho in 4312

Was debating on r90 or pele

R90 for ST imo
  • MagnificDan
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very tempted by Zanetti. Very cheap for a prime icon. Any reviews from anyone who completed him already? I can complete the 86 rated squad for 40k, just have buy a Godin, all other cards are red fut champs plus the 87 swap Koke. Can complete it for 200k before packs. Would still have 1.6 mil

Really fun to use and pretty solid all round, crossing is fantastic on the overlap and can go up and down the wing all game with high stamina
  • LiamSully
    5769 posts Big Money Move
    Blast from the past thread bump ;)

Prime PELE is ridiculous!!!

7+7 in 7 WL/seasons