The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Forest have made Morrison look like Sergio Ramos in this game.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Amazing day at the football today, definitely up there as one of my favourites. I guess when you're 3-0 up against the team in 2nd after less than 15 mins it's always going to be a good day. :D Popped out onto the pitch for a kick about after most people had gone home which was a great experience.

We also picked up a little trophy...
    south%2B%2528446%2529.JPG

Gratz pal looking forward to our Caraboa Cup match in a few years time xxx

I look forward to that day. Elliot Richards getting a 40 yard screamer to knock you out will be even sweeter. ;)
    I heard he's more of a defensive midfielder these days haha
  • Retro1989
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    When Mancienne came on we knew it was over for us, hopefully he's gone in the summer.
  • Dinksy
    2241 posts Fans' Favourite
    one of the first games I've actually watched Cardiff play (outside of their 2 against Fulham). Have they played like that all season?
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Amazing day at the football today, definitely up there as one of my favourites. I guess when you're 3-0 up against the team in 2nd after less than 15 mins it's always going to be a good day. :D Popped out onto the pitch for a kick about after most people had gone home which was a great experience.

I look forward to that day. Elliot Richards getting a 40 yard screamer to knock you out will be even sweeter. ;)

Yeah he is although the still gets a few screamers. 2 goals in 22 games from CDM is good going. I think have been outside the box.
  • GoodnightIrene

Yeah he is although the still gets a few screamers. 2 goals in 22 games from CDM is good going. I think have been outside the box.
    One of my favourite ex gases, hope he gets a chance in the FL again with you lot.
  • WFCBagnall
    90444 posts Moderator
    Out of our current squad, including loanees, I'd only keep 9 players. The rest can go.
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Not going to bother responding to that Rotherham fan. I'll let our football do the talking next season if you come up :smile:

As for last night. We could have had the 3 points in the bag by half time, fairly dominant, don't really recall Fulham troubling us at all. The goal that was ruled out was a bit dodgy, I don't think it was a foul but obviously I'm biased. Jed should have finished the chance Ream cleared off the line. Officiating was shocking as per. Since we've been properly in with a shout of the play-offs, the officiating has been particularly bad, worse than usual. Probably the Brentford game onwards, refs and linesman have gone blind when it comes to our players and they're just really below the standard you'd expect in the Championship.

Jordan Archer needs to leave in the summer, if anyone watched last night, that clanger for the first is a regular occurrence for him. See Leeds (A), Ipswich (H), Ipswich (A), Sunderland (A), and a couple of others I'm most likely forgetting as there's just so many. He's pathetic. Anything outside of the area and he's an absolute mess. Kept us in the game against Sheffield United, which is great, but the amount of points we've dropped purely down to him being completely inept is ridiculous. I want him gone. We have a good young goalkeeper out on loan at the minute at Stevenage, Tom King, he came in for a little bit last season when Archer was injured and he was top notch, reflexes were fantastic, handling good, his distribution was top notch too and he was incredibly vocal which I liked. But he made one mistake when we were a few goals down against Spurs and he was thrown straight back out of the side.

Harris' inexperience was very clear last night too. We ended up with 5 Strikers on the pitch, no fullbacks and just Jed Wallace as a winger. Morison, Gregory, O'Brien, Cahill and Elliott all on the pitch. Daft, should've just stuck with 442. Goal difference could be vital come the end of the season too so basically gifting them a third because he panicked and chucked everyone on was needless.

Results for the most part went our way today, praying Cardiff beat Derby on Tuesday and then it is firmly in our own hands.

Maybe the rest of your fans should take a leaf out of your book and stop acting like Neanderthals on matchdays. Seems we have found a very rare occurance of a Millwall fan with a brain, take my hat off to you sir
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Just saw Elisa at Cheltenham has a brother. He got Shrewsbury's goal today.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator

One of my favourite ex gases, hope he gets a chance in the FL again with you lot.

He definitely deserves another shot at the GL. To go through what he's been through and still be such a good player is amazing.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    Not going to bother responding to that Rotherham fan. I'll let our football do the talking next season if you come up :smile:

As for last night. We could have had the 3 points in the bag by half time, fairly dominant, don't really recall Fulham troubling us at all. The goal that was ruled out was a bit dodgy, I don't think it was a foul but obviously I'm biased. Jed should have finished the chance Ream cleared off the line. Officiating was shocking as per. Since we've been properly in with a shout of the play-offs, the officiating has been particularly bad, worse than usual. Probably the Brentford game onwards, refs and linesman have gone blind when it comes to our players and they're just really below the standard you'd expect in the Championship.

Jordan Archer needs to leave in the summer, if anyone watched last night, that clanger for the first is a regular occurrence for him. See Leeds (A), Ipswich (H), Ipswich (A), Sunderland (A), and a couple of others I'm most likely forgetting as there's just so many. He's pathetic. Anything outside of the area and he's an absolute mess. Kept us in the game against Sheffield United, which is great, but the amount of points we've dropped purely down to him being completely inept is ridiculous. I want him gone. We have a good young goalkeeper out on loan at the minute at Stevenage, Tom King, he came in for a little bit last season when Archer was injured and he was top notch, reflexes were fantastic, handling good, his distribution was top notch too and he was incredibly vocal which I liked. But he made one mistake when we were a few goals down against Spurs and he was thrown straight back out of the side.

Harris' inexperience was very clear last night too. We ended up with 5 Strikers on the pitch, no fullbacks and just Jed Wallace as a winger. Morison, Gregory, O'Brien, Cahill and Elliott all on the pitch. Daft, should've just stuck with 442. Goal difference could be vital come the end of the season too so basically gifting them a third because he panicked and chucked everyone on was needless.

Results for the most part went our way today, praying Cardiff beat Derby on Tuesday and then it is firmly in our own hands.

Maybe the rest of your fans should take a leaf out of your book and stop acting like Neanderthals on matchdays. Seems we have found a very rare occurance of a Millwall fan with a brain, take my hat off to you sir

An even rarer occurrence, a Rotherham fan that can afford a hat. Shocking stuff all round.
  • ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Massive three points that, looked like we were going to regret that Zohore miss but this team just finds a way, even against 12 men.

As for Forest, they played some lovely football at times but what a dirty, horrible team they are.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Massive three points that, looked like we were going to regret that Zohore miss but this team just finds a way, even against 12 men.

As for Forest, they played some lovely football at times but what a dirty, horrible team they are.

Now just beat Derby on Tuesday for us, thank you :smile:
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    67145b12072678a1b145fd1272537565.png

Our first hat-trick since 2012... and it was against the franchise. Love it lads.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Blackada18 wrote: »

Our first hat-trick since 2012... and it was against the franchise. Love it lads.

I think Harris might be having a look at nicking Dru Yearwood, meant to be a very good player. Makes up for us missing out on Leonard :smile: you can have Jordan Archer in exchange.
  • DelboyIRA
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there any person in the UK, no in Europe that can stand Forest Green Rovers?
  • GoodnightIrene
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    I can confirm we're yet to find anyone outside of the fanbase that enjoys them as a Football League club.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    I can confirm we're yet to find anyone outside of the fanbase that enjoys them as a Football League club.

They have a fanbase?
  • AaronMFC
    2279 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2018
    ryan217 wrote: »
    jbPu8UU.png

Shows how ridiculous Wolves and Fulham have been this season that this would only be good enough for play-offs this season. If we take 7 or more points from our last four games then this would be the first time a team will have finished on 90+ points and not gone up automatically.

Didn't Brighton finish on 90 or 91 a few seasons ago when it was them against Boro on the last day?

Remember that last day of the season and afterwards went to a mates archeology end of uni night out and got wasted was one of the best days of my life was terrified the last ten mins against brighton. Last day the only two teams that could go up h2h made for a treat for others id imagine cardiff v fulham game 46 would be a spectacle this year if it was the case.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Blackada18 wrote: »

I think Harris might be having a look at nicking Dru Yearwood, meant to be a very good player. Makes up for us missing out on Leonard :smile: you can have Jordan Archer in exchange.

Harris apparently looked at our keeper too, Oxley. (I don't rate him, he's decent at shot-stopping but awful at coming off his line, we leak so many goals from headers 6 yards out). But Yearwood is a gem. Was almost ruined under Brown when he'd take him off after 60 mins almost every game and ruin his confidence. Now with Powell, he's just getting better and better, and he's only 18. I said it about Dan Bentley, and I'll say it about Yearwood, both will be playing Prem football in their careers.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited April 2018
    Didn't even notice, because we put 3 past Millwall the only teams that have conceded less goals than us this season are Wolves, Cardiff and Villa. Not bad considering you wouldn't say our defence is necessarily the strongest aspect of our game.

Hoping that can be a difference maker in the Play-Offs compared to last year where we literally needed to score at least two to have a chance of winning a game.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    What a weird game. Cardiff are second and I feel like we should of gotten a point out of that. Thought until Mancienne came on, we were the better team but he looked like a rabbit in the headlights from the second he came on. The sad part is that Cardiff haven't tactically outclassed us or even played well to beat us, they've just looked at the stats and seen how vulnerable we are from set pieces and just spammed balls to Morrison all game. I'm not salty that we've lost the game or at Cardiff, just salty at the fact of how embarrassingly obvious and easy a tactic it was.

Massive changes are needed in the summer. If we're wanting to compete at the top end of the table, we're gunna have to sell either Worrall or Brereton to satisfy FFP and have a seriously clever recruitment plan. Plenty of players out and plenty in.
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    Don't let us down against Barnsley and Bolton @Dizzy Bala
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    Think I've finally found a squad I can get to work for the SBC (it took ages to find a cheap one). I don't own any of the players and can do it for 50k (if I can earn 50k in the next week)
    9cf90decd0656fb4061b6615cdd783e4.jpg

Anyone know any cheaper way?
    Also, I've barely played FUT this year, what's the best way to earn 50k?
    I’ve earned a fair amount of coins by doing the best value for coin sbc’s. On Futbin go to squad building challenges then the challenges list filter. Then click on VFC and the higher number it is the better as it measures initial investment to the pack you get back from completing the SBC meaning your have a good chance of making profit. :)

@LaMertesackerRun Just thought I’d say this tip was amazing. I started with 1k last night and did 4 SBCs and woke up this morning with 27k and players still to sell. I’ve now got enough to complete the Sessegnon SBC. :)
    Bit late but glad to here it. :) It’s a nice quick and easy way to make coins. Would recommend it to anyone with only a few thousand coins.

I was doing a few the other week and had appealing pack luck, barely breaking even before I only go and pack middle Inzaghi. Solid little ~300k profit from Wolfsburg B)
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    What a weird game. Cardiff are second and I feel like we should of gotten a point out of that. Thought until Mancienne came on, we were the better team but he looked like a rabbit in the headlights from the second he came on. The sad part is that Cardiff haven't tactically outclassed us or even played well to beat us, they've just looked at the stats and seen how vulnerable we are from set pieces and just spammed balls to Morrison all game. I'm not salty that we've lost the game or at Cardiff, just salty at the fact of how embarrassingly obvious and easy a tactic it was.

Massive changes are needed in the summer. If we're wanting to compete at the top end of the table, we're gunna have to sell either Worrall or Brereton to satisfy FFP and have a seriously clever recruitment plan. Plenty of players out and plenty in.

What's happened to Ashkan? Was hoping he'd come on and score the winner, but then I saw he wasn't even on the bench.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Just saw this. Puts our run into perspective in-terms of just how mental it's been. 49 points from a possible 57 and a +32 Goal difference since the turn of the year.
  • Retro1989
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

What's happened to Ashkan? Was hoping he'd come on and score the winner, but then I saw he wasn't even on the bench.

a288d2918ec6151409dc6baa5bf72079.png
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    Just saw this. Puts our run into perspective in-terms of just how mental it's been. 49 points from a possible 57 and a +32 Goal difference since the turn of the year.

15 points from 19 games, -15GD

brilliant stuff
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    If you don't laugh you'll cry. Couldn't care less at this point. Ellis Short has single-handedly sucked the life and soul out of my football club.

Also to the Boro fan who was talking about Sunderland away, and recommended a night out in Boro, Middlesbrough's night life is somehow worse than ours, which is an achievement.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2018