Microsoft's definition of a violation of code of conduct

Ballerson
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
I played a few people past 24 hours and should have applied the "put down the controller for 12 hours" rule, but instead got furious at the horrible schematics of gameplay & the fact other players were allowed by EA to foul with abandon......then today, I played some dude, likely a kid, and the EA ref gave my forward -- me -- a red for a retaliatory slide that in all normal worlds would simply be a yellow-- you know the type of stupid non impact/non injury causing retaliatory/frustration fouls we commit in this game -- EA you need to fix the stupid reds, and then defenders take out players in super hard/obviously dangerous types of tackle and the nimwit programming and refs sometimes just don't give any cards or they just give reds.....

I got the red, the gameplay/servers/compensation or whatever it is when your team that is mostly in the 90's speedwise is suddenly stuck in the mud and 77 speed rated opponent players are faster, the entire gameplay went to crap.....and then the dude started dribbling with his keeper and my Aubamayeng or Bailey 85 card couldn't catch his keeper....I was livid. I essentially used the f word, when obviously I shouldn't have....so my online comms w Xbox is suspended for 24 hours....so I looked up Microsoft's "code of conduct policy"....

and here's their operating code of conduct:

What’s so bad about a little smack talk?
Many multiplayer games are highly competitive, and friendly banter and smack talk is completely understandable. However, when that language is used in an attempt to abuse, threaten, or otherwise cause genuine offense it’s no longer smack talk, but harassment. There’s a big difference between enjoying a competitive game and trying to offend others.

I 100% agree on abuse and anything threatening being 100% verboten/forbidden and enforced. However, "genuine offense"?

I don't think many of the folks at Microsoft or EA have ever really played in a competitive game and engaged in real life smack talk....it's not just "good natured banter" however that is legally defined -- one person's good is another's not so good.....for instance, "you suck"...or "I don't like your style" or f u....... or I don't think its fair you won because you play the game like crap and EA allows it as they allow you to foul and tackle with no consequences.....etc....

I know this is a losing argument, just saying, genuine offense is part of banter and "smack talk"....so grow up Microsoft and EA fix the bloody game so total hacks can't win as much as they do.

Perhaps I am posting this to vent at the vague enforcement on free speech that occurs by large corporations, and perhaps I am posting this to forewarn others who lose their temper at this game and some idiots who play it, that its better to put the controller down, and resist "talking smack in a manner that is meant to genuinely offend" because when people are stupid and we tell them they are stupid or bad or we don't like how they play the game, Microsoft wants to make sure no one is offended --- even if I am offended by how they play the game....

Comments

• Azof
    18123 posts World Class
    You have no right to free speech on their platform

Stop being an angry kid and you wont get banned
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    You got angry over a game and were abusive for no valid reason.

Typing out an essay doesn’t justify that. Take your punishment and move on. Then go outside and enjoy the weather.
  • Fab
    19486 posts World Class
    Op got ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Diggy
    14802 posts Has That Special Something
    You sign up to their terms & conditions on this signing you agree to the enforcement when you do something bad
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I hate when people say “free speech” lets me say this!

Free speech doesn’t exist in such a platform. You obey their rules.
  • Mr_footballer1
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    You already took the L. Sending him a message calling him a **** will not change that.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    hope you're a troll
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    MS is bit excessive with the bans. In the 360 days it was warzone. The report button is being abused to the max. People try to goad you into saying words just to report you.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33295 posts National Team Captain
    Sounds like you deserved the red card and the comm ban.
  • Azof
    18123 posts World Class
    Blarix wrote: »
    MS is bit excessive with the bans. In the 360 days it was warzone. The report button is being abused to the max. People try to goad you into saying words just to report you.

It was insane what you could get away with on 360
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Typings of a mad man
  • iitalic
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero

Ballerson wrote: »

I know this is a losing argument, just saying, genuine offense is part of banter and "smack talk"....so grow up Microsoft and EA fix the bloody game so total hacks can't win as much as they do.

You should take your own advice
  • Legegg
    1110 posts Professional
    I replied to an angry person sending me rage messages after I beat him asking why he was being such a little betch. I got a communications ban. Another time the same thing happened and I asked if the guy was autistic, because he sounded it. Another communications ban for me. Bit harsh especially with some of the messages I've had from fifa and R6 Siege. Only the other day I was told to go and kill myself on Siege.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33295 posts National Team Captain
    Blarix wrote: »

It’s largely do with the fact that random people can apply to have a big say in whether or not someone is banned based on a report. I know guys that’ll just spam ban/yes to everything that comes across their list
  • Hippyboy6
    17758 posts World Class
    Put yourself in the employees shoes, sun is shining & the boss says you must clear all complaints before you leave the office....... I'd ban every f***er :joy:
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    kk... guess what, your still banned! :D
  • Ozz
    5586 posts Big Money Move
    crying because you can't call a child a slur
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    i love people that foul like crazy or play super aggressive with such recklessness. Some simple dribbling and awareness, you can make them pay.

Played a guy weeks back who had more than half the team with yellows. Eventually got a red and it was game over for him. Not that he stood a chance to begin with lol.
  • DutyHarry
    6018 posts Big Money Move
    Legegg wrote: »
    I replied to an angry person sending me rage messages after I beat him asking why he was being such a little betch. I got a communications ban. Another time the same thing happened and I asked if the guy was autistic, because he sounded it. Another communications ban for me. Bit harsh especially with some of the messages I've had from fifa and R6 Siege. Only the other day I was told to go and kill myself on Siege.

This happened to me twice last year, now whenever someone tries to bait me, I'll send him ridiculous emotes to trigger him or won't respond at all, depending on my mood. :D
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    i miss this place
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29292 posts Player of the Year
    I don’t even reply to GG messages anymore.
  • DutyHarry
    6018 posts Big Money Move
    Recardo wrote: »
    i miss this place

You mean prison?