Will you buy FIFA 19?

Comments

• V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    Sercs wrote: »
    I'll buy it, ultimately I love football and PES isn't even close to Fifa in my opinion

Hopefully for 19 they rework champs, have more communication and give us content we want. Plus the competitive side needs to be better done, given the money EA have they should really have more professional broadcasts

PES is the far more superior game given its realism.

Fifa is more like a roulette game - the house always wins.

If you want a game with substance buy PES, if you are more superficial buy Fifa.
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional
    I won't buy it. I know people say you will and that everyone will buy it on here. But i can say hand on heart that i won't this is definitely my last one. I have even promised to give me XB1 away so there is no going back. The gameplay has absolutely broke me this year. What a shambles, i just don't feel like i am playing another human at all. Cannot say anything else on here really but i think you know what i mean.

TL:DR I’m not buying next year

Exactly the same here. I won’t be buying no matter how much people on here say ‘you’ll be back’ etc

The game has turned into a total shambles. The closing of the skill gap especially is beyond a joke now. I get why they do it, they’re not going to make money from crap players who have no chance of winning so they have to make the buying of FP’s and premium players come with an obvious advantage.

Why would people spend thousands to get a team of Icons when they can be competitive with a squad of discard golds?

In theory it’s fine if premium cards gained a boost in technical attributes like shooting and dribbling or physical attributes like pace and strength but it’s the benefits of ‘hidden’ mental attributes that give the real unfair advantages to poor players.

Stats like positioning, agression, reactions, vision should be down to the user and not the card, no matter who they are. If the user doesn’t know how to read a pass for example, the game shouldn’t bail him out by having and AI controlled Pique come running out of nowhere to intercept a pass just because he has high reactions and agression for example.

Likewise, a player with no idea about football should just be able to make a perfect 50 yard pass to a player he had no idea was even there just because he did it with a card with high vision stats.

It’s these stats that cause a great levelling in the game play and it’s BS.

I get why they do it, otherwise wee Johnny wouldn’t feel the need to spend his mums hard earned cash on FP’s if it wasn’t going to give him a massive advantage but the fact it’s taken precedence over a fair and balanced game is ridiculous so I’m out

• Boysie91
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    Mart wrote: »
    Nope. Madden is much better, MUT blows FUT out of the water.

One of the worst sports eew
  • DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone who claims they aren't going to buy 19 are lying to themselves, come September you'll all have it and be moaning about some new feature.
  • Mart
    8153 posts League Winner
    Ker_Mit wrote: »

I hate Rugby or whatever you call it.
    So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

Has nothing to do with it. MUT objectively is 10x better than FUT aside from whether it suits your preference or not.

What is MUT doing better than FUT? Other than challenges/objectives

Challenges and objectives make up the majority of why it's miles better. New promos every week to two weeks, some of them can net you around 400K for doing a few solos.
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    DrMac95 wrote: »
    Anyone who claims they aren't going to buy 19 are lying to themselves, come September you'll all have it and be moaning about some new feature.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional

Not here. My problems aren’t to do with any ‘feature’, it’s the continual downward spiral of fair, balanced gaming.

The only reason I got it this year was because the team I support was in it for the first time in years. Fifa 18 was the ‘bonus year’ and it’s worse than ever so I’m out
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move

So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

Has nothing to do with it. MUT objectively is 10x better than FUT aside from whether it suits your preference or not.

Challenges and objectives make up the majority of why it's miles better. New promos every week to two weeks, some of them can net you around 400K for doing a few solos.

Yeah a friend of mine plays it religiously. Looks absolutely overwhelming at first tho, the menus arent structured really well imo. From what he told me you really dont have to spend any money or that much time to get an absolute monster team, unlike in FUT.
    Probably going to test it anyway now, nothing to lose and I think its in that EA Vault for free aswell now.
  • ECUPirates
    1124 posts Professional
    Nope, didn’t buy 18 either. Fifa 17 was the last $60 EA Sports will ever get from me.
  • Mart
    8153 posts League Winner

So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

Yeah a friend of mine plays it religiously. Looks absolutely overwhelming at first tho, the menus arent structured really well imo. From what he told me you really dont have to spend any money or that much time to get an absolute monster team, unlike in FUT.
    Probably going to test it anyway now, nothing to lose and I think its in that EA Vault for free aswell now.

It's great. The menus and market aren't as structured as FUT but it makes it hilariously easy to snipe players on the cheap. And it's definitely *way* easier to get a great team without spending money and trading.
  • nirv-
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2018

Yeah. I think people will still buy the base version. As much as people wanna say PES, if you want to play a football game, FIFA is still the best option.

I think the bigger takeaway is that people are going to stick to buying just the base version and not buying packs.

EA is terrible at disclosing margins, but I cant imagine them making a ton of profit on the base game. The large majority of their profit comes from borderline full margin pack sales.

So if you want to stick it to them, just buy the base version and no packs. Then listen to the management team try to explain to analysts why average revenue per user is down year over year on the earnings call. The answers will be fun.
  • TheBearOfCodgey
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES is awful.
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone here will buy fifa 19 lol. Dont sell me this bs, that you hate the game and wont buy.

They will advertise product properly. This is the one thing they can do.
  • Flamstead
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    PES is awful.

Why?
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2018
    nope im going to start playing pes to please my soccer addiction
  • AtomicOdin
    1151 posts Professional
    didn't buy 18 after playing ea early access, waited until the day one patch was out before making my mind up. and will do the same for 19. if I get the urge to play fifa I just load up 17 and I haven't done that in months.
  • Fab
    19467 posts World Class
    depends if they fix some stuff otherwise ill just keep on playing fifa 17!!
  • RedDevil123
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    I certainly won't be pre-ordering. I'll wait until they've released the usual early patch before deciding.
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    didn't buy 18 after playing ea early access, waited until the day one patch was out before making my mind up. and will do the same for 19. if I get the urge to play fifa I just load up 17 and I haven't done that in months.
    Stop lying to yourself. You bought 18 and you’ve already bought 19,20 and 21
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes. I don't care about the game's flaws. Still the best soccer game out there.
  • Eikistein
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am not buying it. Not because of ea or because the gameplay. It is because that thing is consuming my life... All of the sudden iit is already 2019 and I already played 11years of fifa and forgot to do the achievements that are easential in life.
  • Idek
    14704 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll buy it cos I've had a football game (sometimes 2 or 3) every year for as long as I can remember, I stopped liking PES in about 2012 and never had the urge to go back when I've tried a demo each year

Will put a lot less time into it though depending on the content available
  • TheBearOfCodgey
    PES is awful.

Why?

West Yorkshire Town

Man Red

Man Blue.

Thats why
  • CharlieC
    7376 posts Big Money Move
    Will you buy FIFA19?

Yeah, where do I sign???
  • Whitebeard
    3442 posts National Call-Up
    Nope
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Really hesitant. I want to make it a point to myself not to buy a game that's broken and overrun by a toxic community, but it's football, and goddamn... I love football.
  • CharlieC
    Tomb1302 wrote: »
    Really hesitant. I want to make it a point to myself not to buy a game that's broken and overrun by a toxic community, but it's football, and goddamn... I love football.

So that's a yes then :lol:
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »

I suppose it is, but if I do, I'll avoid online. Will organize some forum tourneys with people I do enjoy
  • TheBearOfCodgey

The game isn't broken, you just aren't very good at it. :)
  • CharlieC
    CharlieC wrote: »

I suppose it is, but if I do, I'll avoid online. Will organize some forum tourneys with people I do enjoy

You never know, they might bring out the beta and it will be brilliant and we'll all buy it and they won't patch it within the first two weeks to make a completely different game?