Will you buy FIFA 19?

BakayokoOut
799 posts Semi-Pro
edited April 2018
I know most of us hate the state of FIFA right now but I'll probably still buy the next one.

Let's hope EA Sports can pick it self back up and make FIFA a great game again.I think FIFA 19 is its last chance they have to make up with the community.

If 19 is anything as bad as 18 is now I don't think anyone will ever buy FIFA again .

Comments

• Sercs
    19058 posts World Class
    I'll buy it, ultimately I love football and PES isn't even close to Fifa in my opinion

Hopefully for 19 they rework champs, have more communication and give us content we want. Plus the competitive side needs to be better done, given the money EA have they should really have more professional broadcasts
  • Sercs wrote: »
    I'll buy it, ultimately I love football and PES isn't even close to Fifa in my opinion

Hopefully for 19 they rework champs, have more communication and give us content we want. Plus the competitive side needs to be better done, given the money EA have they should really have more professional broadcasts

Yeah being a Football fan is probably the main reason why I still play FIFA at this point.
    I tried PES and it's more realistic but it's not fun.
  • nirv-
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Will buy but plan to run full rtg.

Just have lost faith in the premium content.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    I won't buy it. I know people say you will and that everyone will buy it on here. But i can say hand on heart that i won't this is definitely my last one. I have even promised to give me XB1 away so there is no going back. The gameplay has absolutely broke me this year. What a shambles, i just don't feel like i am playing another human at all. Cannot say anything else on here really but i think you know what i mean.
  • nirv-
    I won't buy it. I know people say you will and that everyone will buy it on here. But i can say hand on heart that i won't this is definitely my last one. I have even promised to give me XB1 away so there is no going back. The gameplay has absolutely broke me this year. What a shambles, i just don't feel like i am playing another human at all. Cannot say anything else on here really but i think you know what i mean.

Then go rtg. Youll be the one owning icons with martial.

Ea has done such a good job of increasing parity that theyre gonna kill their rev stream.
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    IMG_0962.png IMG_0965.png
  • limjitwe
    7845 posts League Winner
    Yes definitely cause of my love for football and causal gaming. I just hope we’ve less dramatic moments.

Other games just can’t catch my attention for long and PES is horrible.
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018
    I'm definitely not buying it. You guys are deluded if you think next year's will be better.

The last last three years have seen a sharp decline in gameplay, but an upward trajectory of profits for EA. Why would they change the way it is?

They've sacked off the loyal fan base to cater for the newbies. Minimising the skill gap is the way a lot of big titles are going, having all new players believe they can be the next pro is much better for business.
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    Most ppl will get sucked in watching the gameplay in the prehype event. A lot of promises, looks very great. May even get to try the game, feels very improved.

U get the demo, plays fantastic. Getting hyped now, and u will change your mind because it feels very different and more realistic than previous editions.

Everybody buys the game in the first week, and as soon as EA has hooked th majority in, they release the first patch.... and ye all fac.ked!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14327 posts World Class
    I'm considering starting up my own YouTube channel so may do a full RTG or I might not and just start off with 12k on standard edition release. I'm certainly NOT buying any special version of the game. It's a massive con
  • PelzyWelzy
    10274 posts Has That Special Something
    krappen07 wrote: »
    Most ppl will get sucked in watching the gameplay in the prehype event. A lot of promises, looks very great. May even get to try the game, feels very improved.

U get the demo, plays fantastic. Getting hyped now, and u will change your mind because it feels very different and more realistic than previous editions.

Everybody buys the game in the first week, and as soon as EA has hooked th majority in, they release the first patch.... and ye all fac.ked!

Regular as clockwork this.
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure, but most probably yes, even though it is complete waste of cash..
  • Edward220967
    1578 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably not
  • Boysie91
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    I will I need my fifa fix even if it does annoy me sometimes. Most game online annoy me anyway lol
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    Sure. 18 is a good game. Sure I slightly prefer the gameplay of 17, since I cant really defend in 18.. But other than that, 18 is a decent game, with loads of good content..

• VENPATT
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Probably NO,Its waste of Time .
  • Mart
    8153 posts League Winner
    Nope. Madden is much better, MUT blows FUT out of the water.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, but won't play FUT. I want to play the game, not the market.
  • nirv-
    EA barely makes money on the title.

The large majority of their net income/profit (~$970 million in fiscal 17) comes from the $1.68 billion of Live Services revenue (packs, dlcs, add-ons, etc) they had during that period.

They dont disclose margin on those products, but 50-90% doesnt seem unreasonable.

Do your own math, but its fairly clear that without FUT pack sales, EA has earning surprise issues.

Want to voice your displeasure, buy the game but dont spend money on packs.
  • I'm glad I've never bought FPs ever.

I'll probably be more pissed of with the game if I had.18 was good the 1st few months but then EA had to mess with it with their 'update' and completely ruin the game.

Not to mention Competitive FIFA has ruined the game for everyone.Weekend League needs a complete revamp .Its just not fun.Only reason I'm playing it is because of decent Rewards
  • Mart wrote: »

I hate Rugby or whatever you call it.
    So no lol

Rather play a golf game.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    I'm definitely not buying it. You guys are deluded if you think next year's will be better.

The last last three years have seen a sharp decline in gameplay, but an upward trajectory of profits for EA. Why would they change the way it is?

They've sacked off the loyal fan base to cater for the newbies. Minimising the skill gap is the way a lot of big titles are going, having all new players believe they can be the next pro is much better for business.

Well put. I echo this entirely, it's not going to change is it so no point going through this again if you don't enjoy it.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1186 posts Professional

Well put. I echo this entirely, it's not going to change is it so no point going through this again if you don't enjoy it.

Pretty much this the only reason why i play fifa now on the odd occasion is because my mate got fed up of it and just give it me for free lol i only ever play squad battles but even that is unbearable now i cant see myself giving fifa a go again until massive changes are made there's just way too many good games that are coming to pass up on.
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    Mart wrote: »

So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

This
  • Diggy
    14547 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes the question is

Will you be playing FUT?
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2018

It makes me sad as I've played every FIFA from 98-2002 and then from 2008 to present. I'm getting beaten by people with EST. 2017 who just watch YouTube videos on how to score near post corners, cheesy free kick routines and spamming throughballs. A game of skill should require experience and inventiveness, not taking advantage of exploits
  • Mart
    8153 posts League Winner

So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

Has nothing to do with it. MUT objectively is 10x better than FUT aside from whether it suits your preference or not.
  • Gromit
    4428 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't buy 18

Its actually been nice to keep playing 17. Most of the try hards have gone, the EPL teams dropped sharply and I still get my fifa fix.

I guess the games will dry up eventually, no issue thus far. So then come the choice, quit, buy 18 and be a year behind or buy 19.

I hate most of what FUT is now, but love my fifa fix, so maybe I will have to get 19.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move

So no lol

Rather play a golf game.

Has nothing to do with it. MUT objectively is 10x better than FUT aside from whether it suits your preference or not.

What is MUT doing better than FUT? Other than challenges/objectives
  • alex1987
    5851 posts Big Money Move
    I will, just like 9/10 of the people that say they won't.