How hard is weekend league?

Seanregal
1559 posts Play-Off Hero
Having finally managed to win a dkt at last i am going in my first wl event.Trouble is my squad an efl, prem hybrid which struggles to hold div 2. Can i still be competitive with a relatively weaker squad. Sorry dont know how to do pics but squad is 4222 birthday rooney and bamford up top if vydra and if lingard cams, saiss and alli cdms, walker, sbc moore and if chester and sess in defence and pantillimon in goal. Sorry for the long post any advice appreciated have about 200000 coins to spend cheers

Comments

• Alteron
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    You can do it if you survive dev 2 you can get wins..
    I play in dev 2 but not so often and get around 15-20wins
  • You'll be fine, if you're decent no matter the squad you'll get 15 wins min if u play all 40
  • Colt_seevers
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Expect lots of bs. If u can get your concentration levels up for 40 games you’ll do well. I can’t
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    You’ll get 11 wins without issue.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    I would say if you play all 40 the worst you can possibly do is 17-23.
  • Seanregal
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers fellas thats good to hear. Not sure if i can fit in 40 but will give it a go
  • Mmjnnnn
    111 posts Sunday League Hero
    the gameplay is super slow and frustrating with bs
  • Leeshana
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Upgrade to some meta players man, can see that team being picked apart pretty easily in the sweat fest that is WL
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14429 posts World Class
    Don't buy the whole "if you can't win the DKT, you won't last in WL" nonsense people tell you.
    I've found the DKT harder than the WL
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its not hard per se. Its more frustrating lol. But I believe its a little easier than Div 1.
  • Don’t break your controller.
    It isn’t all that (I don’t bother trying bc of boredom)
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Only reason it's hard is because everything is 40/60 tipped towards the other player
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    dylanmx wrote: »
    Only reason it's hard is because everything is 40/60 tipped towards the other player

That literally makes no sense
  • sulley88
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You will be cool. Just dont let the bs keep you down. If you go on a bad run take a break and jump back on later.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

How does that not make sense. I'm basically saying that it's not equal and that it's in your oponnents favor.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

How does that not make sense. I'm basically saying that it's not equal and that it's in your oponnents favor.

I can't even begin to explain how that doesn't make sense.

So every opponent you play is advantageous? Does that mean that on their side of the screen you're advantageous?
  • VENPATT
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seanregal wrote: »
    Having finally managed to win a dkt at last i am going in my first wl event.Trouble is my squad an efl, prem hybrid which struggles to hold div 2. Can i still be competitive with a relatively weaker squad. Sorry dont know how to do pics but squad is 4222 birthday rooney and bamford up top if vydra and if lingard cams, saiss and alli cdms, walker, sbc moore and if chester and sess in defence and pantillimon in goal. Sorry for the long post any advice appreciated have about 200000 coins to spend cheers

Play in Breaks and you can easily get 14-18 wins(Its fully scripted by EA,they will control your wins)
  • CharlieC
    7418 posts League Winner
    If you’re comfortable in Div2, you should get gold 3 in WL or at worst Silver 1.
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Agree, im div 2/3 player and gets 18-20 wins in WL, say 50% of my losses are due to concentration failure and my composure in the final 15mins in game, conceeding bs goals,
  • FUT_CPFC
    1014 posts Professional
    Don't buy the whole "if you can't win the DKT, you won't last in WL" nonsense people tell you.
    I've found the DKT harder than the WL

Completely agree with this. I’ve just held Div 4 for the first time, never won a DKT, but usually get my 11 wins within 20-24 games. Got 21 wins last weekend from 34 games. Concentration is key, once you find yourself making silly mistakes, take a break and don’t try and play through a losing streak
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Similar standard to me. I even got gold 2 last month. You’ll get 11 wins no probs. Division 1 that I have been in once was way harder than WL. Not even comparable. (Maybe as I don’t play elite players based on my rank)
  • Ballist1x
    3897 posts National Call-Up
    Keep going you'll go through winning streaks and losing streaks.
  • TheMightyBee
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    *How boring is the weekend league

• TheBearOfCodgey
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ignore all of the above, Weekend League is solid.
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would love WL with the connection playable 24/h. I have it only at evenings. Its hard to play 40 games when you can do it only at nights or early morning :D I dont care about wins than i play during worst hours also and I love my god squad moving like a 40 overall bronze team. Its challenging :D
  • CharlieC
    7418 posts League Winner

EA Employee of the Month
  • Seanregal
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    I appreciate you all taking the time to reply and encourage thanks very much.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    Just don't give up if you have a tough start. The first 5 games are completely random, but after that it should start pairing you against people with similar records. Just aim for 11 so you don't get annoyed by losing games.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    CharlieC wrote: »

EA Employee of the Month

I’ll go one better.

Fantastic gameplay.

Fantastic sportmanship from your opponents.

Fantastic match making.

Fantastic unique teams, won’t face same team twice.

Fantastic concept, can’t fault it. If anything, 40 games in 3 days is not enough.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    BL86 wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »

EA Employee of the Month

I’ll go one better.

Fantastic gameplay.

Fantastic sportmanship from your opponents.

Fantastic match making.

Fantastic unique teams, won’t face same team twice.

Fantastic concept, can’t fault it. If anything, 40 games in 3 days is not enough.

@JohnDoe @RayS @Nervous_Nick Enjoy :sunglasses: