I’m so embarrassed I’ve spent real money on UT

ClintCommander
6973 posts Big Money Move
Any of em, mut fut lut. I feel like an absolute fool, these cards do nothing :joy:

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    20452 posts Club Captain
  • Azof
    16406 posts World Class
    must be a poor person issue to be embarrassed spending money on entertainment
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Any of em, mut fut lut. I feel like an absolute fool, these cards do nothing :joy:

Yeah man, took me awhile but dropping loads at the start, I realized how useless it is. Just went back to trading but still found myself not enjoying any of it.
  • ClintCommander

It took a few years, but yeah I haven’t spent a dime on any in game purchases across the board since like January. Even with the Show 18 I’m going no money spent. It’s basically burning money
  • ClintCommander
    Azof wrote: »

Must be.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20452 posts Club Captain

It took a few years, but yeah I haven’t spent a dime on any in game purchases across the board since like January. Even with the Show 18 I’m going no money spent. It’s basically burning money

Yep, haven't been tempted since my last pack binge in October or so. Going full no money spent from here on. Avoid the sunk cost fallacy that way too.
  • mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something

Is it burning money if I go to a movie or a show (or sporting event) because I have nothing tangible to show for it? Does that mean it has no value?
  • ClintCommander

Yep, haven't been tempted since my last pack binge in October or so. Going full no money spent from here on. Avoid the sunk cost fallacy that way too.

It actually makes it more fun imo, I don’t feel super committed to having to work the market and all this bs to ensure my investments and blah blah blah, just playing now to play now
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Just out of principle or have you spent so much that it effect the weight of your wallet?
  • ClintCommander
    mjs4p wrote: »

Is it burning money if I go to a movie or a show (or sporting event) because I have nothing tangible to show for it? Does that mean it has no value?

You don’t know what th movie is until you purchase and see it. We all know what’s coming in fut and how the market will roll, seems like apples and oranges
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20452 posts Club Captain

It actually makes it more fun imo, I don’t feel super committed to having to work the market and all this bs to ensure my investments and blah blah blah, just playing now to play now

Agreed, and the grind to finally get a player makes the reward actually, well, rewarding. Rather than just 'loot crating' your way to the top and blowing money that could be used any other way.
  • ClintCommander
    Scholesyy wrote: »
    Just out of principle or have you spent so much that it effect the weight of your wallet?

It’s not the money that’s the problem, it’s the foolishness (imo of me looking back through the years) to think all these cards are actually worth something. Especially actually currency that could be used for useful things.
  • mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something

You don’t know what th movie is until you purchase and see it. We all know what’s coming in fut and how the market will roll, seems like apples and oranges

I’m not advocating spending, but to me entertainment is entertainment. Someone might really enjoy going to a show that I think is worthless. The same can be said for spending money on a video game. It’s entertainment at the end of the day, and it brings different levels of enjoyment (or lack thereof) to everyone.
  • ClintCommander

I’m not advocating spending, but to me entertainment is entertainment. Someone might really enjoy going to a show that I think is worthless. The same can be said for spending money on a video game. It’s entertainment at the end of the day, and it brings different levels of enjoyment (or lack thereof) to everyone.

Oh yeah man, I’m not judging anyone or trying to dictate, I’m just telling how I feel after looking back. I know there are a lot of ppl that find great value in the UT’s (hell there’s a whole YouTube industry of it), I’m not taking away from that at all.
  • ClintCommander
    edited April 2018
    Btw if anyone plays The Show Diamond Dynasty, that is a great set up for no money spent.

Speaking of which if anyone plays hmu, I’m always down for a game. Plus I’m working an all Reds team so you’re good for at least 3-5 homers off my pitchers a game.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up

Have you never regretted spending $20 on a movie that turned out to be ****, same principle. Not necessarily anything to do with poverty.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20452 posts Club Captain

Have you never regretted spending $20 on a movie that turned out to be ****, same principle. Not necessarily anything to do with poverty.

He's our negative Nancy, but we :heart: him regardless
  • Azof
    16406 posts World Class

taking bait in 2k18 yikes

paying more than 4 quid for a movie yikes x2
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Us on the forum alone must have pumped enough into fut over the years that even the part time office cleaners are comfortably housed in mansions by now :dizzy:

They can probably even afford child minders and cleaners of their own too :D
  • Pugzilla
    15853 posts World Class
    The all wants us to have IF Ronaldo mate :trollface:
  • Carlos181
    3790 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Probably spent $600~ this Fifa, which provided me with months of entertainment. Last month I lost $500 on gambling, which provided me about 4 hours of entertainment.

Not that bad.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Yup, which I why haven’t spent any money on FP since FUT14
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up

taking bait in 2k18 yikes

paying more than 4 quid for a movie yikes x2

I don’t know what bait is unfortunately man.

And when you watch in an IMAX theater, you’re gonna pay $20. It should be no problem to you, being not poor and all :P
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Look at the Squad Showoff Thread... Don't feel bad lol
  • SKhan31
    1028 posts Professional
    That's why I've not spent any money on FUT ever
  • Campino
    26905 posts Player of the Year
    Know the feeling, I don’t regret all the money I’ve spent over the years at all but I do regret spending more than I should have

Not spent anything since Black Friday though so not all bad. Cards off the console now as well and has been for a while so no chance of anymore

I get paid tomorrow and I’m gonna but wildlands off the store for £20

Even if it lasts me a month it’s only £5 a week
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Btw if anyone plays The Show Diamond Dynasty, that is a great set up for no money spent.

Speaking of which if anyone plays hmu, I’m always down for a game. Plus I’m working an all Reds team so you’re good for at least 3-5 homers off my pitchers a game.

18 is awful for no money spent unless you can go 12-0/1 in BR or 12-0 in events lol you literally make no stubs on a game to game basis and they removed the mycareer missions from last year. Even the grinds this year are gonna be very costly in stubs as well as time.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1295 posts Professional
    I have barley spend money in FIFA 18, maybe 100 dollars as maximum and I feel I get way more with the WL rewards so.. (Last opened pack with points I got 7 gold rare items/consumables and only regular gold players) :cry:

I stopped using money and I play only to 11 wins every weekend. Enough to receive packs, coins and not stress out with the game.
  • Adrian095
    33918 posts National Team Captain
    More embarrassed spending real money buying the game smh
  • Skorpio_King
    4908 posts Big Money Move
    I spended a lot of money on fut but the last 3 months im keeping my money and it feels amazing. No more money spending on fut. Its indeed burning money