The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• ryan217
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    absolute class from Morro there :joy:

you like him yet @ryan217

Yeah, he's been class this season. Come on leaps and bounds from when we first signed him.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    He’s asking to get chopped in half
  • ryan217
    Derby are going to be bang up for this game now, Morrison and Warnock's comments will have gotten them fired up, not to mention most football fans in the country accusing them of cheating, can see them giving us a hiding now tbh.

Stupid thing for Morrison to say and even stupider to let it get posted online.
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Derby are going to be bang up for this game now, Morrison and Warnock's comments will have gotten them fired up, not to mention most football fans in the country accusing them of cheating, can see them giving us a hiding now tbh.

If it came from Bamba or Manga I'd probably say it's stupid, but fair enough .... but Morrison? He's been sh*t near enough his whole career :joy: Keogh has won plenty of club and EFL awards throughout his career, Pearce kept him out of Reading's promotion team and Shackell has been a top defender throughout his career
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

How did it get out?! I assumed it was filmed by another player as a laugh but then surely thats not gonna get out.
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

How did it get out?! I assumed it was filmed by another player as a laugh but then surely thats not gonna get out.

I personally think Morrison is friends with Keogh, Pearce and Shackell and it was all a joke. A weird one, especially focusing so much on seeing Shackell's bits, but a joke nonetheless
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    UK_Cam wrote: »

I personally think Morrison is friends with Keogh, Pearce and Shackell and it was all a joke. A weird one, especially focusing so much on seeing Shackell's bits, but a joke nonetheless

I did wonder if it was all a joke tbh, but what a moron to let it get out in public
  • Handy Andy
    5927 posts Big Money Move
    think he was good mates with Pearce when they were with us so that would make sense imo
  • UK_Cam
    1330 posts Professional

I did wonder if it was all a joke tbh, but what a moron to let it get out in public

Yeah just reading Cardiff's paper's report on it now and they say they understand they're all apart of a Whatsapp group and it was posted in there. Would be a little silly for there to be hate between them all when Cardiff have Bryson and Ward who are really good friends with a large chunk of our team, including Keogh
  • ryan217

Looks like it was filmed in the back of a cab so probably one of his mates putting it up "for a laugh".

If it came from Bamba or Manga I'd probably say it's stupid, but fair enough .... but Morrison? He's been sh*t near enough his whole career :joy: Keogh has won plenty of club and EFL awards throughout his career, Pearce kept him out of Reading's promotion team and Shackell has been a top defender throughout his career

He's had a fantastic season to be fair but yeah, he struggled up until now, makes me wonder how old it is as it would make more sense if it was filmed fairly soon after the game was called off with emotions running high.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7366 posts Big Money Move

I'd say there's about a 95% chance it was "banter". Just seems a bit daft (and specific) if it isn't.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Yeah makes sense. Still won’t be popular in Derby haha. Could be a crunch game too looking at the next few fixtures.
  • ryan217

Yeah just reading Cardiff's paper's report on it now and they say they understand they're all apart of a Whatsapp group and it was posted in there. Would be a little silly for there to be hate between them all when Cardiff have Bryson and Ward who are really good friends with a large chunk of our team, including Keogh

Actually that would make sense, wouldn't shock me if one of your players leaked it to add more edge to the build up to this game.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    txYhjn.gif
  • ryan217
    Yeah makes sense. Still won’t be popular in Derby haha. Could be a crunch game too looking at the next few fixtures.

I honestly think if we don't beat Wolves Friday then we don't go up, Villa will be right up for it on Tuesday knowing it's their best chance to close the gap and Derby will probably beat us with everything that's happened since the postponed game. Can't see Fulham dropping many points either.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

I honestly think if we don't beat Wolves Friday then we don't go up, Villa will be right up for it on Tuesday knowing it's their best chance to close the gap and Derby will probably beat us with everything that's happened since the postponed game. Can't see Fulham dropping many points either.

I don’t know, you seem to be grinding it out without being spectacular, though if you lose to Wolves and Villa take something off you it could be squeaky bum time.

Imagine if you finish 3rd and us 6th (though I don’t think we will finish in the playoffs at all)
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Whether he was joking or not he comes across as an absolute helmet. Good to see another bright spark dispelling the myth that footballers are morons.
  • ryan217

I don’t know, you seem to be grinding it out without being spectacular, though if you lose to Wolves and Villa take something off you it could be squeaky bum time.

Imagine if you finish 3rd and us 6th (though I don’t think we will finish in the playoffs at all)

I'd rather that than play you in the final, can't think of anything worse than completing the ultimate bottlejob by losing the playoff final to Bristol City of all teams.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

I'd rather that than play you in the final, can't think of anything worse than completing the ultimate bottlejob by losing the playoff final to Bristol City of all teams.

As hilarious as that would be, we have no chance of making the final let alone meeting you there :lol:
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Will EA release a Young POTY SBC?

I have SIF Sessegnon who had risen by 10k (6k profit now), and am not sure what to do with him.

Any advice?
  • WFCBagnall
    78779 posts Moderator
    Tomb1302 wrote: »

I have SIF Sessegnon who had risen by 10k (6k profit now), and am not sure what to do with him.

Any advice?

It'll be available on the market.
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Any advice?

Unlike TOTS Oztumer :trollface:
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner

Any advice?

Cheers mate :)

• WFCBagnall
    78779 posts Moderator
    Karlos wrote: »

Any advice?

Unlike TOTS Oztumer :trollface:

I'm past caring if he don't get in now :D

Plus no point getting worked up over it :joy:

Looking forward to Sessegnon though :)
  • Farlz
    8974 posts League Winner
    b115a84923cbe5c7c9061d7b1da564bd.png
    #soon

my champ team is gonna be lovely
  • REID_ARMY
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    Any EFL players that could be candidates for TOTS MC this year?

For League Two;

Billy Kee
    Akinfenwa
    James Collins

Those are who I can think of off the top of my head.

Could probs chuck Alan Sheehan and Dan Potts in there as they have a few goals and assists as defenders and loads of Clean Sheets
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain

200w.gif
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

As hilarious as that would be, we have no chance of making the final let alone meeting you there :lol:
    sebibi78 wrote: »
    You can earn 100€ (120$) fifa points if you get the highest score on « Cube Rollz » mobile application ! Sign up form here : http://electrogames-studio.com/contest-cube-rollz

Please enter my sponsorship code when you sign up : 6195038

I got 132 points ! Good luck :p

Thanks mate! Will sign up now!
  • GoodnightIrene
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Any EFL players that could be candidates for TOTS MC this year?

For League Two;

Billy Kee
    Akinfenwa
    James Collins

Those are who I can think of off the top of my head.

Could probs chuck Alan Sheehan and Dan Potts in there as they have a few goals and assists as defenders and loads of Clean Sheets
    Tom Lockyer imo

Billy Bodin as well of course, he has been, umm.... killing it at Preston?