Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    Anyone tried 90 Puyol? Was thinking of trying something different :)

Didn't work for me, gave away too many penalties and positioning awful. Too bad cuz I think EA did him injustice with his stats, like him irl
  • Sandell85
    7528 posts League Winner
    krappen07 wrote: »
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    Anyone tried 90 Puyol? Was thinking of trying something different :)

Didn't work for me, gave away too many penalties and positioning awful. Too bad cuz I think EA did him injustice with his stats, like him irl

Oh okey :/ Yeah i liked him irl aswell and he gives DDG a green link, if he drops closer to 400k i might try him out then
  • WTFsmirky08
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    R9 94, Prime Henry or Prime R9 ?

Which is the better ? Money doesn't matter as such but anything I save will obviously be stuck straight back into the side.

Im more worried about their work rates TBH, from experience its difficult to get anything out of M/M or M/L strikers as they don't make the runs I'd like

Also, is the 94 R9 that much worse than the 96 ?

Cheers gents
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

Which is the better ? Money doesn't matter as such but anything I save will obviously be stuck straight back into the side.

Im more worried about their work rates TBH, from experience its difficult to get anything out of M/M or M/L strikers as they don't make the runs I'd like

Cheers gents

I wouldn’t even consider Henry an option tbh, mate.

Hardly any difference between the two R9’s, can’t go wrong with either. They’re essentially the same after a chem style anyway.

I went with the 96 because I’m going to keep him forever anyway so why not a first owner version and the higher version? Plus I think I made more back from the packs than the difference in price from the two. The M-M is fine, used him in both a 1 and 2 striker formation and he performs excellently

• WTFsmirky08
    3NG wrote: »

Cheers gents

Hardly any difference between the two R9’s, can’t go wrong with either. They’re essentially the same after a chem style anyway.

I went with the 96 because I’m going to keep him forever anyway so why not a first owner version and the higher version? Plus I think I made more back from the packs than the difference in price from the two. The M-M is fine, used him in both a 1 and 2 striker formation and he performs excellently

Yeah I used Henry for a bit, Ive always loved him in real life but Im a bit perplexed by his prime, he seems to be either a complete boss or goes completely missing.

Whats the issue with henry ?

So is R9 worth the money ? I might end up going for his prime, as, like you say, the price difference isn't too much.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

Cheers gents

Yeah I used Henry for a bit, Ive always loved him in real life but Im a bit perplexed by his prime, he seems to be either a complete boss or goes completely missing.

So is R9 worth the money ? I might end up going for his prime, as, like you say, the price difference isn't too much.

They did Henry so dirty on his prime card, he’s essentially an ever so slightly stronger Bale, imo. If you like Bale and like the way he moves in the ball, heavy but gets it done eventually, then you’ll like Henry but if you’re comparing Henry to Ronaldo then there’s no contest. Much more agile, lightning pace on the card an actually lives up to it + If you’ve ever used Dinho and how smoothe he feels when executing skill moves, Ronaldo is the same.

Also surprisingly he’s incredibly strong on and off the ball. The only downside to using R9 is I won’t get to use players like TOTS Aguero etc but I’m not even really that bothered due to how much fun I’m having with him.

What will your team look like if you get him?
  • WTFsmirky08
    edited March 2018

Cheers gents

They did Henry so dirty on his prime card, he’s essentially an ever so slightly stronger Bale, imo. If you like Bale and like the way he moves in the ball, heavy but gets it done eventually, then you’ll like Henry but if you’re comparing Henry to Ronaldo then there’s no contest. Much more agile, lightning pace on the card an actually lives up to it + If you’ve ever used Dinho and how smoothe he feels when executing skill moves, Ronaldo is the same.

Also surprisingly he’s incredibly strong on and off the ball. The only downside to using R9 is I won’t get to use players like TOTS Aguero etc but I’m not even really that bothered due to how much fun I’m having with him.

I can never add pictures on this forum...

But

TOTY DDG

TOTY Alves Prime Rio Prime Maldini TOTY Marcelo

Prime Vieira

Prime Gullit Prime Petit

TOTY KDB

CR7 (96) - (striker no 2)

Cheers for the update though buddy, I might just try all 3 before I settle on one, shame as I love Henry so much in real life
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

Cheers gents

But

TOTY DDG

Prime Vieira

Prime Gullit Prime Petit

TOTY KDB

Cheers for the update though buddy, I might just try all 3 before I settle on one, shame as I love Henry so much in real life

Our teams are incredibly similar lol, swap KDB for Dinho and they’re the same. Been trying to get a fresh TOTY KDB for weeks now :/

Yh id try all 3 our if you’re still undecided, would rather lose the 300k~ on tax than be stuck with a player you don’t like.

If you wanted to know how to upload a pic on iphone btw I do it this way.

Download the Imgur app on your phone, screenshot your team on mobile app, go to imgur app, upload it to the app, open the link in safari then just copy the link at the top into the forums here

Seems long winded but takes 2 seconds once you get the hang of it!
  • Nicku32
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    How are you guys finding Prime Gullit? Currently waiting to do the SBC now but need the prices to drop. Have 1580k + 3 base icons from the SBCS + another 45k come Thursday. Reckon that will be enough?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    How are you guys finding Prime Gullit? Currently waiting to do the SBC now but need the prices to drop. Have 1580k + 3 base icons from the SBCS + another 45k come Thursday. Reckon that will be enough?

Yh you’ll be sweet to do it, might be a bit tight depending on how much the players drop but as long as you do the higher rated teams first I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to it and at worst you’d be 100k off
  • WTFsmirky08

Cheers gents

But

TOTY DDG

Prime Vieira

Prime Gullit Prime Petit

TOTY KDB

Our teams are incredibly similar lol, swap KDB for Dinho and they’re the same. Been trying to get a fresh TOTY KDB for weeks now :/

Yh id try all 3 our if you’re still undecided, would rather lose the 300k~ on tax than be stuck with a player you don’t like.

If you wanted to know how to upload a pic on iphone btw I do it this way.

Download the Imgur app on your phone, screenshot your team on mobile app, go to imgur app, upload it to the app, open the link in safari then just copy the link at the top into the forums here

Seems long winded but takes 2 seconds once you get the hang of it!

Cheers mate

Yeah I had TOTY KDB for about 400 games, sold him before FUTbirthday thankfully. He really is the best CAM I've used in this game, he is incredible, and his long shots are so OP its like cheating
  • Nicku32
    Nicku32 wrote: »

Yh you’ll be sweet to do it, might be a bit tight depending on how much the players drop but as long as you do the higher rated teams first I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to it and at worst you’d be 100k off

Nice - pretty excited to do him! My forward 3 will most like be:

Prime Dinho Prime Henry
    Prime Gullit

However if Prime Pelé is the same price i might be swayed....
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    anyone use both 85 and 88 Rio and can recommend 1 over the other? don't mind splurging the extra if 88 is better, would really like to try him out. or can save a bit more and get 87 Desailly/spend a lot less and use 88 Maldini on 7 chem.

e: partnered with Bailly most likely :trollface:
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    anyone use both 85 and 88 Rio and can recommend 1 over the other? don't mind splurging the extra if 88 is better, would really like to try him out. or can save a bit more and get 87 Desailly/spend a lot less and use 88 Maldini on 7 chem.

Go for the 85 if it’s only between those 2. Do consider the prime, however. Best CB in the game
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Is anyone actually planning on doing Pele? I have the coins but... meh. Not interested in the slightest even though he’d fit perfectly in my team, I think they left him too late and he’s been completely overshadowed now
  • Chubz
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    Is anyone actually planning on doing Pele? I have the coins but... meh. Not interested in the slightest even though he’d fit perfectly in my team, I think they left him too late and he’s been completely overshadowed now

I think the 95 Pele should drop a lot when the prime is out and will most likely be just as good. I'm gonna grab the 95 when he is low rather.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018

I have 2.3million left and pretty much an empty club so if he only needs 3 or 4 icons i may be able to stretch it with a bit of luck from rewards but other than that i'll probably look to pick up the 95 for a cheap price
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero

Go for the 85 if it’s only between those 2. Do consider the prime, however. Best CB in the game
    ok ty! yeah i heard prime is a monster but not quite there yet funds wise
  • WTFsmirky08
    Anyone tried Maldini prime ?

I do have space for a top level CB which looks increasingly likely to be a prime Icon (unless Ramos falls significantly)

Is he worth the coins ? His card certainly looks very good.

Currently have Rio who is a complete tank, wondered if maldini was comparable
  • WTFsmirky08
    So I ended up doing the Larsson SBC and for a guy who has 3* skills, he’s absolutely phenomenal and I’m usually incredibly harsh in judging players. He’s still not a scratch on Dinho but Larsson has 29 goals/19 assists in 26 games so far. Will be a shame when I use him in a prime SBC.

Will try play all my WL games with weekend to see what I need to change with the team.

Ibra is decent enough at CM if anyone was wondering, if they release a birthday Ibra I’ll do him without question

KG80T2b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

How is TOTY De Gea ?

And charge your phone
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    So I ended up doing the Larsson SBC and for a guy who has 3* skills, he’s absolutely phenomenal and I’m usually incredibly harsh in judging players. He’s still not a scratch on Dinho but Larsson has 29 goals/19 assists in 26 games so far. Will be a shame when I use him in a prime SBC.

Will try play all my WL games with weekend to see what I need to change with the team.

Ibra is decent enough at CM if anyone was wondering, if they release a birthday Ibra I’ll do him without question

KG80T2b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

How is TOTY De Gea ?

And charge your phone

Charged it quite a few times since March 15th ;)

He’s alright I guess, only ever used his 90 and his TOTY, no other keeper, so can’t really give an opinions. Only bought him because I can only use fresh 2 owner players and knew I’d never find one and I’d want him eventually but now I think his TOTS will be higher rated than his TOTY so it’s a bit annoying.

He does make saves he has no right making though
  • HBK1925
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    In a 41212 diamond with 90 Gullit as CM and 88 Vieira as CDM. What to get?

FB Florenzi: high all around IG stats. Would have leftover coin.

91/Prime Matthaus: super high and better than Nainggolan for same style I guess. Prime would leave me broke and 91 would leave me a mil prob.

Blanc/Petit: people say get them but I don't see the appeal as the others got better stats and height is their only main draw I see. Also both. Blanc and Vieira would be M/H WR.

Wait for a serie A tots: Savic will probably be the best CM option from Serie A TOTs as he already had 3 special cards and will probably have better stats than Nainggolan whom I doubt will be all 90s club this year.

Also do you think any of the Baby icon strikers can compare to iMOTM Immobile? I'm using his SIF but will probably sell it to fund other cards since he will likely get a tots.
  • rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    In a 41212 diamond with 90 Gullit as CM and 88 Vieira as CDM. What to get?

FB Florenzi: high all around IG stats. Would have leftover coin.

91/Prime Matthaus: super high and better than Nainggolan for same style I guess. Prime would leave me broke and 91 would leave me a mil prob.

Blanc/Petit: people say get them but I don't see the appeal as the others got better stats and height is their only main draw I see. Also both. Blanc and Vieira would be M/H WR.

Wait for a serie A tots: Savic will probably be the best CM option from Serie A TOTs as he already had 3 special cards and will probably have better stats than Nainggolan whom I doubt will be all 90s club this year.

Also do you think any of the Baby icon strikers can compare to iMOTM Immobile? I'm using his SIF but will probably sell it to fund other cards since he will likely get a tots.

Personally I would go with florenzi. Then you have a defensive minded player with height/strength etc, then a small, agile player with high pace to help on the attack. Also I doubt florenzi's price will decrease much more than 50k during tots so you can sell for a better cm during serie a tots
  • Retro_G
    28138 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 2018
    Just picked up 88 Rijkaard for only 430k, madness. I was going for a fresh 85 Ferdinand, but some bellend bid us up, glad he did now because that price for an 88 rated icon CB is a steal.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know a few in here have used 90 Bergkamp but I've just gotten round to trying him. I much prefer him to 87 ADP, bargain and under 500k too.
  • Bozza88
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would you guys go 95 pele at cam or 94 r9 at striker?
    Can only afford one in my team
  • Nicku32
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    Would you guys go 95 pele at cam or 94 r9 at striker?
    Can only afford one in my team

I haven't used with (Only the base icons) and I think R94 would be the better option.
  • Sheva0172
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 2018
    Got 2.1 million coins and got untradable Prime Sheva (91), Prime Rui Costa (90), Pirlo and Kaka'. Also i got Neymar to sell if needed (extra 200k) so thats 2.3 million.

Do you guys think that will be sufficient to do the R96 prime icon sbc?
  • Zhyquron
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sheva0172 wrote: »
    Got 2.1 million coins and got untradable Prime Sheva (91), Prime Rui Costa (90), Pirlo and Kaka'. Also i got Neymar to sell if needed (extra 200k) so thats 2.3 million.

Do you guys think that will be sufficient to do the R96 prime icon sbc?

Yes.
  • Sheva0172
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Really? O wow, didn't expect that. Futbin says its 3.3 million now. Icons cost 350k? So Sheva and Rui Costa will save me 700k. Still got a 300k gap, Pirlo and Kaka' won't be sufficient to cover for that right?