The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Comments

• Tinus
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Both Messi and Ronny are the greatest of all time, I wish people would stop comparing them and just appreciate that we will probably not see another player of either's quality for decades after they retire.

This.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    Messi still need to prove himself in a different club or different league to be the best in the world.

He needs to prove that he can still play without a team playing to suit his playing style or compete vs a lot of ego's like Ronaldo has done all along his career.

Most promising players end up with bad careers after trying different clubs, so... Messi is an amazing player but he's comfortable where he is and will always will.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    Both Messi and Ronny are the greatest of all time, I wish people would stop comparing them and just appreciate that we will probably not see another player of either's quality for decades after they retire.

You must be young. Taking account of changing understanding of fitness, nutrition, brutal tackling & refereeing, pitches, I would place Maradona above both. Pele too.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    Christ, people don’t half get carried away in the moment

He scores more spectacular goals than Messi, no doubt about it.

:D april fools already passed silly
  • dylanmx
    Savour this guy, watch him every time he plays, he’s one of if not the greatest ever

Wow

Yeah cause it only happens one time every season
  • dylanmx
    Messi still need to prove himself in a different club or different league to be the best in the world.

He needs to prove that he can still play without a team playing to suit his playing style or compete vs a lot of ego's like Ronaldo has done all along his career.

Most promising players end up with bad careers after trying different clubs, so... Messi is an amazing player but he's comfortable where he is and will always will.

I bet you go for America aswell :D
  • Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2018

Most ridiculous thing I will read all year. Ronaldo has like 3 goals outside the box, while Messi had that in a span of 3 games just last month.

Ronaldo must have more goals than Messi from outside the box during his carrer. He scored 20 for United from outside the box, that was in the Premier League alone. Ronaldo is more of a goal poacher now, scores the majority inside the box, but even then he does something like that spectacular overhead tonight on the biggest stage.

GOAT!

From 2009 to September 2017, according to WhoScored, Messi had 62 from outside the box and Ronaldo had 55. That number has grown by a wide margin since then, especially this year where Messi has at least 10 goals from outside the box.

That's not accurate, doesn't include their full career. Add them 20 goals he scored for United in the league, he is is ahead, that's not even counting his cup games or internationals. We all know he turned into a poacher at Madrid, although during his early years he was scoring humdingers regularly.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    edited April 2018
    dylanmx wrote: »

I bet you go for America aswell :D

Tigres and Toronto FC :disappointed:
  • Alteron
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    Idk how people compare them.
    They are absoulutly different,
    Ronaldo is the best player when messi isnt include as a human.
  • Oliver Powell
    1792 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi still need to prove himself in a different club or different league to be the best in the world. nope

He needs to prove that he can still play without a team playing to suit his playing style or compete vs a lot of ego's like Ronaldo has done all along his career. nope

Most promising players end up with bad careers after trying different clubs nope, so... Messi is an amazing player but he's comfortable where he is and will always will.

solid post
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    Savour this guy, watch him every time he plays, he’s one of if not the greatest ever

Wow

Savour his 6 yard miss as well? Does nothing for 85 minutes a game........You could tell he was even shocked it went in..........nothing like Van Basten, for example......

His club record might have something to do with the team he plays in?? Compare his club record to his international record where he doesn't play in such a good team......only 54% goal ratio whereas Neymar has a ratio of 64%........

......so far from the greatest ever, IMO.
  • Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2018
    Rooneys was better. End thread.

Rooney's overhead wasn't as central, it's more difficult to score at an acute angle, but his came off his shin pad.
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    He had no defenders around him and an old man in goal.
  • dylanmx
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    He had no defenders around him and an old man in goal.

• King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't take anyone with a dp associated to man United serious.
  • Vaaass
    2868 posts National Call-Up
    Can't take anyone with a dp associated to man United serious.

Not a truer statement made on this forum. I've noticed a severely embarrassing pattern related to delusion when they have a Utd related profile picture
  • The_Great_Futsby
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    Both are world class. Both will be the greatest of all time - true Icons. Both are different player types. You can’t compare them seriously. Mbappe will get close to them in 3 or 4 years.
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Then only bicycle goal i score in this fut ;)

• African11
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We are lucky that we live when these two are playing football.

Messi is the best natural talented footballer ever. Ronaldo is manufactured, he has become the ultimate poacher but is a tap in merchant. However, for me, it's Messi, he makes the team play

Manufactured, what does that even mean?
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who says that was the best goal from UCL he is clearly missing some screws
  • Flamstead
    3008 posts National Call-Up

Lol, why does a player need to prove himself at a different club to be the best in the world? I mean seriously? Where does it stop? Ronaldo needs to prove himself at West Brom where there are no world class players around him to prove that he is the best in the world.

Does not playing, assisting and scoring against the best teams in Europe and the World (World club cup) offer enough proof to be considered as the best in the world?

• Retro_G wrote: »
    Rooneys was better. End thread.

Rooney's overhead wasn't as central, it's more difficult to score at an acute angle, but his came off his shin pad.

Came off his shin pad yet still got the power and accuracy on it to stick it in the top corner. Further out, players around him, higher off the ground. Much better goal.
  • Chubz
    3230 posts National Call-Up
    Lets see what Messi does tonight :D
  • Tornado31619
    20226 posts Club Captain
    Chubz wrote: »

Roma aren’t Juve, I’ll give him credit if he can win Barça the CL without cheating his way there
  • Flamstead
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    Chubz wrote: »

Roma aren’t Juve, I’ll give him credit if he can win Barça the CL without cheating his way there

What like that penalty Real got last year against Bayern? :trollface:
  • AEsey
    6044 posts Big Money Move
    richo27 wrote: »

You must be young. Taking account of changing understanding of fitness, nutrition, brutal tackling & refereeing, pitches, I would place Maradona above both. Pele too.

Nah that's not fully true
    The pace of the game is so much faster now you need to be at the very peak of your fitness, which balences out all the additional knowledge we have now
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite
    V_Babu_V wrote: »

Wow

Savour his 6 yard miss as well? Does nothing for 85 minutes a game........You could tell he was even shocked it went in..........nothing like Van Basten, for example......

His club record might have something to do with the team he plays in?? Compare his club record to his international record where he doesn't play in such a good team......only 54% goal ratio whereas Neymar has a ratio of 64%........

......so far from the greatest ever, IMO.
    Lol. Okay buddy.. Comparing ratios to Neymar and his national team. Look at the stacked team he’s in club and national. Neymar also played with Messi and Suarez and now playing in a trash league.

• LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up

Most ridiculous thing I will read all year. Ronaldo has like 3 goals outside the box, while Messi had that in a span of 3 games just last month.

Ronaldo must have more goals than Messi from outside the box during his carrer. He scored 20 for United from outside the box, that was in the Premier League alone. Ronaldo is more of a goal poacher now, scores the majority inside the box, but even then he does something like that spectacular overhead tonight on the biggest stage.

GOAT!

From 2009 to September 2017, according to WhoScored, Messi had 62 from outside the box and Ronaldo had 55. That number has grown by a wide margin since then, especially this year where Messi has at least 10 goals from outside the box.

That's not accurate, doesn't include their full career. Add them 20 goals he scored for United in the league, he is is ahead, that's not even counting his cup games or internationals. We all know he turned into a poacher at Madrid, although during his early years he was scoring humdingers regularly.

I found another page that breaks down their stats, and a comment at the bottom has detailed statistics about the two as wel. You can use this as a guide to search more, but as of September 2017, it has Messi 62 to Ronaldo 55 from outside the box as well. It has gotten much wider since then.

https://michelacosta.com/en/messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-overview/
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite
    These Ronaldo haters just throwing out fake facts.. lol
This discussion has been closed.