Saving packs for TOTS - who joins?

Pauldejong6
7643 posts League Winner
edited April 2018
My team is pretty much set, can't care for baby icons, league SBC dont seem to be dropping. Also I'm over 500k, coins aren't too interesting anymore, coming weekend league won't be very interesting (last non-tots monthlies?), FIFA is a bit 'dead' to me in the coming weeks.

The next thing that does interests me, is TOTS! Especially Eredivisie TOTS has my interest (TOTS de Ligt/Lozano/Arias/Kluivert/Ziyech), but I'm sure everyone is looking forward to whatever TOTS.
I assume TOTS start in like 3-4 weeks, so I've decided to start saving packs to slowly build up the hype. I will also BPM in the coming weeks, to fill the club with players and be 100% prepared for TOTS.

Current packs in pile: 1
1x 2 player pack (1 gold/1 rare, weekly objectives)

Comments

• Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2018
    Not worth it for me since everything has a value now (every nif is at least 2x his price last year)
    Also last year I've saved like 1.5m worth of packs and didn't pack anything above 50k
    Good luck tho ;)
  • Orison
    66766 posts Icon
    No.

With the current price of 83s and 84s it's 100% better to open now and go into TOTS with more coins
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    Overevil wrote: »
    Not worth it for me since everything has a value now (every nif is at least 2x his price last year)
    Also last year I've saved like 1.5m worth of packs and didn't pack anything above 50k
    Good luck tho ;)

Haha, thanks for immediately killing my hopes. I know it's 'better' to open and sell 82+s right now. But there is no point for me, I have enough coins, good enough team, also I still am a first owner club. So packing TOTS is extra cool to me :).
    I choose not to be wise. :)
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32201 posts National Team Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    No.

With the current price of 83s and 84s it's 100% better to open now and go into TOTS with more coins

• MD_Breezy13
    2609 posts Fans' Favourite
    No.

• Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited April 2018
    //
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, I’m with @Orison and the others on this one.
  • Orison
    66766 posts Icon
    Also I saved like 2Mil worth of packs last year and got one TOTS out of it, never again :joy:
  • VainerTube
    59 posts Park Captain
    Might do the same, but I know I will probably spend a few hundred $$$ anyways so maybe just use them when new TOTW comes out or something.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    Also I saved like 2Mil worth of packs last year and got one TOTS out of it, never again :joy:

Yeah I know odds are never in our favor lol. I did the same for TOTY and did pack Dani Alves (untradeable ofcourse..). This has to be my lukcy year :)
  • Mr_footballer1
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Orison talks sense in this matter