Base Icon Upgrade.

Comments

• Reminisce89
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did four got Des 87 first, then baby VDS, baby ADP and finally Baby Kjuivert. What do I do with them?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    I did four got Des 87 first, then baby VDS, baby ADP and finally Baby Kjuivert. What do I do with them?

Use them lol. They're all fantastic base icon pulls
  • Reminisce89

Des and ADP I like the rest I can’t use and can afford better.

I want to put them in a big icon or 100ks towards a bigger player but can’t decide who
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class

I want to put them in a big icon or 100ks towards a bigger player but can’t decide who

Maldini, him paired with Desailly and your set.
    I have baby Desailly too.
  • Reminisce89

Maldini, him paired with Desailly and your set.
    I have baby Desailly too.

That’s the thing tho man... you need a cb icon for maldini if I do him I’ll have to say goodbye to des 87
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Guillet then?
  • Reminisce89
    Guillet then?

This dude has been on my mind all week and it’s driving me nuts.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Guillet then?

He'll deffo improve any team imo
  • Reminisce89
    Guillet then?

It’s true but what position on my team who he replace?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Guillet then?

Well obviously I don't know what your team looks like, but he would suit anywhere from CM - ST
  • Reminisce89
    Guillet then?

Well obviously I don't know what your team looks like, but he would suit anywhere from CM - ST

iygax5.png
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Guillet then?

iygax5.png

If it were me I'd take out okocha from that team, and either play ADP at CAM or still ST. Ruud being in the one not occupied
  • Reminisce89
    Guillet then?

iygax5.png

If it were me I'd take out okocha from that team, and either play ADP at CAM or still ST. Ruud being in the one not occupied

Dude as much as that has crossed my mind a thousand times, I don’t think I can give up another prime icon coz I already gave up Larson to get Ronaldo and truly miss him. Now the only way he’s coming back if I’m willing to use up 890k on him but now there is no point
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Guillet then?

iygax5.png

Dude as much as that has crossed my mind a thousand times, I don’t think I can give up another prime icon coz I already gave up Larson to get Ronaldo and truly miss him. Now the only way he’s coming back if I’m willing to use up 890k on him but now there is no point

Well I'd trade in Desailly for either maldini or Prime blanc
  • Dondod
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I am not posting much and I dont want you guys to sink your money but I did 3 and got these: Desailly, Vieira and Ronaldinho. Even though gameplay this year is ... this got me to play another few weeks of weekend league. (If I dont snap this weekend with all the random things happening during gameplay :smiley: )
  • RemyS
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Did my second one, got Van Basten after Carlos. Good player I'm sure, but as I play with the prime (untradable) I've no use for him, so he'll end in a sbc in the future.
    I think I'll have to stop there unfortunately, I still have around 5-600K I could spend, but I think I'll never be able to afford the 2-3M icons anyway, so need to use the "bad" icons I pack in prime SBC's, and they are not so many that are not too expensive on top of the Icon.
    I think I'll do Desailly at some point, as I don't really need strikers or midfield players (and use baby Blanc as a CDM). But they all cost around 800-1M probably on top of the icon, which is a lot for me, and with Tots soon it's probably not even worth it, there will be many players with similar stats for way cheaper.
  • Mrcosmo
    642 posts Semi-Pro
    Did one got henry good pull or ?
    Trade in or?
  • DadBod
    6381 posts Big Money Move
    Mrcosmo wrote: »
    Trade in or?

Will you use him? If not, then throw him to another icon sbc.. easy peasy
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Mrcosmo wrote: »
    Trade in or?

Good him as well, I've only used him off the bench for 2 games. He's good not amazing I'll let you know more after I've tried him this WL.

He will be traded in for Guilit shortly.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1926 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had prime Overmars from the start of the game an rly want to do R9 so thought I'd do 4 baby icons an see if I got lucky, unfortunately as per fricken usual I wasn't... Rijkard, Okocha, R Carlos, Petit. I know it could have been worse but I was hoping for one of the decent ones. never mind I'm about 400k away from finishing R9 now :)
  • Chuckball
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    Shevchenko.... anyone used him?
  • Will have another one by tonight...

I’m pretty anxious though, I’d take every semi usable icon, even a GK is fine for me. Just don’t give me Puyol again.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Managed to scrape enough together for 3. On the whole it was okay. I did a lot with untradable players with getting rid of my bronze and silvers.

First - Crespo - kept.
    Second - Shearer - put towards Blanc.
    Third - Puyol - kept and going to use as CB.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Chuckball wrote: »
    Shevchenko.... anyone used him?

He is decent but not as good as Crespo.
  • DadBod
    Will finish my second base icon sbc tonight.. i am just drinking some beers while playing with my baby daughter.. she gives me good luck :)
  • keyroy
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    Will finish my second base icon sbc tonight.. i am just drinking some beers while playing with my baby daughter.. she gives me good luck :)

Let your daughter open the pack. Kids are always happy and positive. That can only help ;)
  • DadBod
    keyroy wrote: »

Let your daughter open the pack. Kids are always happy and positive. That can only help ;)

I am still grinding the 82-85 sbc bro.. she will be sleeping when i finish it later lol
  • raul7kiev
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2018
    First one (from club and untrade) - Okocha, only Peter Schmeichel could have been worse... (

Now in doubt If I need more chanses with hope for at least central icon or CB (for R96, gullit or Maldini) or it would be total fail. Actually to small chanse to get something for my first team but I have some players in club and second one cost me near 150.

Another thoughts - put Okocha in Prime Rio or Desailly and stop...

Any advice?!
  • keyroy
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    raul7kiev wrote: »
    First one (from club and untrade) - Okocha, only Peter Schmeichel could have been worse... (

Now in doubt If I need more chanses with hope for at least central icon or CB (for R96, gullit or Maldini) or it would be total fail. Actually to small chanse to get something for my first team but I have some players in club and second one cost me near 150.

Another thoughts - put Okocha in Prime Rio or Desailly and stop...

Any advice?!

Keep going mate. The only way is up after okocha
  • Yermawfc
    2331 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've currently got prime versions
    Schmiechel
    Costa
    Overmars
    Larsson
    Shearer
    And recently packed base version crespo from this but now am to feard to do another incase I pack one of the lower version icons i already have...got 400k to play with...would you risk it for a biscuit or stick?