Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited March 2018
    Matthew wrote: »
    At this rate Chelsea are gonna go full circle and try to hire almost every top manager they've sacked all over again.

Stop acting so entitled. Conte is a world class manager who worked wonders in his first season, most top clubs would love to have him. The guy deserves another season at-least.

Oh no a 5th place finish. Boo hoo

Oh come on.

Of course Conte deserves another season on the basis of his coaching ability. What I am saying is that the relationship between Conte and the board has become so toxic that for the good of the club (and Conte) the relationship should just end.

Conte has been crying all season to the media about the transfer situation. Do I agree with Conte? Absolutely. But his CONSTANT moaning and complaining does no good except to create disharmony at the club. What good will complaining literally every week about transfers do after January? The players he had on 1st Feb are the players he will have until the end of the season. So knuckle down, shut up, and do the job that you signed up for, which is to coach.

His tactics today were frankly embarrassing, and I've been saying it since Conte arrived- if a game is going badly, he does not have a plan B. He is scared to make substitutions, as clearly evidenced today where he didn't bring on the one thing we were crying out for, a striker, until the 78th **** minute.

I love Conte, and I love his passion. But this season its all just been drained from him and you can tell he doesn't even want to be here. He's already basically said to the club I'm not walking, feel free to sack me in various interviews.

This is the board's fault in the beginning but Conte's fault ultimately for fanning the flames until there was no going back.

But it's just a constant repeat. You get a world class manager after world class manager and the story is always the same. He's "crying" because he knows the game way better then the board, he has a vision for you that he can't complete because the board restricts him

Why not just back Conte and protest against the board for once? When Conte has full control he works wonders. Back him and make him want to be there. You can hire Simione or Allegri and it will be a replay.

Would it not be nice for you stick with someone, give him full control and let him build a dynasty?

Apoligies for the grammar, I've had a night out and only had 20 minutes sleep.
  • Matthew
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Matthew wrote: »
    At this rate Chelsea are gonna go full circle and try to hire almost every top manager they've sacked all over again.

Stop acting so entitled. Conte is a world class manager who worked wonders in his first season, most top clubs would love to have him. The guy deserves another season at-least.

Oh no a 5th place finish. Boo hoo

Oh come on.

Of course Conte deserves another season on the basis of his coaching ability. What I am saying is that the relationship between Conte and the board has become so toxic that for the good of the club (and Conte) the relationship should just end.

Conte has been crying all season to the media about the transfer situation. Do I agree with Conte? Absolutely. But his CONSTANT moaning and complaining does no good except to create disharmony at the club. What good will complaining literally every week about transfers do after January? The players he had on 1st Feb are the players he will have until the end of the season. So knuckle down, shut up, and do the job that you signed up for, which is to coach.

His tactics today were frankly embarrassing, and I've been saying it since Conte arrived- if a game is going badly, he does not have a plan B. He is scared to make substitutions, as clearly evidenced today where he didn't bring on the one thing we were crying out for, a striker, until the 78th **** minute.

I love Conte, and I love his passion. But this season its all just been drained from him and you can tell he doesn't even want to be here. He's already basically said to the club I'm not walking, feel free to sack me in various interviews.

This is the board's fault in the beginning but Conte's fault ultimately for fanning the flames until there was no going back.

But it's just a constant repeat. You get a world class manager after world class manager and the story is always the same. He's "crying" because he knows the game way better then the board, he has a vision for you that he can't complete because the board restricts him

Why not just back Conte and protest against the board for once? When Conte has full control he works wonders. Back him and make him want to be there. You can hire Simione or Allegri and it will be a replay.

Would it not be nice for you stick with someone, give him full control and let him build a dynasty?

Apoligies for the grammar, I've had a night out and only had 20 minutes sleep.

In an ideal world, I want Conte to be backed by the board, I want him to be happy, and I want him to stay for years; building his own team and competing at the top every single season. I love Conte and his passion.

The issue is that Conte is not happy, he doesn't want to be here anymore and the divide between him and the board is now so large that it cannot be repaired- and its is getting worse with every interview.

We can protest against the board all we like, it won't do ❤️❤️❤️❤️. As things stand, Conte simply has to go because the toxicity is destroying any lingering hopes of top 4.
  • Tornado31619
    30894 posts National Team Captain
    Kanté fainted during training yesterday.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Kanté fainted during training yesterday.

If you read the article instead of just your Bleacher Report alert, you would know that he fainted during training on Friday. He underwent cardiology testing afterwards which all came back normal. He traveled with the team to Manchester yesterday but was still feeling ill so he did not play. He did, however, complete today’s training session.
  • Tornado31619
    Good to know.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Quite worrying that he's fainted with no logical explanation. Reports said our doctors have put it down to the freezing weather last week but it can't be just that.

At least he's ok now.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Rooting for you guys tomorrow, especially after Spurs and Manchester United completely disgraced English football.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    I'd be surprised if Conte is still here in two weeks, Abramovich will surely sack him soon.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Conte is still here in two weeks, Abramovich will surely sack him soon.

He'll last to the end of the season atleast.
  • Slawter
    4356 posts National Call-Up
    Can see the squad being completely different at the start of next season tbh.
    Hazard deserves to play in a better team, Courtois probably off too.
    Hell Morata could go either way.
  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    Slawter wrote: »

Morata is trash.
  • Slawter
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Slawter wrote: »

Morata is trash.

Clearly got the talent but he needs to grow up bloody fast.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    only started watching 2nd half but this has been a cracking game
  • Retro_G
    Fancy Leicester to win this in extra time.
  • Tornado31619
    Fancy Leicester to win this in extra time.
  • Retro_G
    Ffs
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    how did they let pedro score a header lol
  • Tornado31619
    :s
  • finsfan85
    Good draw for us
  • Retro_G
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Good draw for us

Jammy sods
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Good draw for us

Deserved. You had by far the toughest QF draw of the top teams.
  • finsfan85
    Good draw for us

Jammy sods

About time we get some. United’s CL opponents look more like Europa League. While we had to face Roma, Atletico, and Barca.
  • Sloosh
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    4d1526068f96d3b03eefd48b45c09788.png
  • finsfan85
    At least you can joke about it now and aren’t hiding from it
  • Kman
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    *crickets*
  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    Who do Chelsea fans want in charge next season?
  • Slawter
    If Conte leaves the dream is always Tuchel but considering that's never happening I've no idea what i want tbh.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    How have you made Cesc Fabregas look like Charlie Adam?