Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    Zhyquron wrote: »
    Anyone used Prime Larsson and/or prime Petit? Worth to do their SBCs?

I was said not to do prime Petit SBC by @ha032742 . Guy intercepts everything when I play against him but he says that Petit is clunky.

i had prime petit for 100 games or so. While solid, he is nowhere near vieira's level. He is indeed clunky and turns like a truck

Don't think he's that bad at dribbling. Yes he's somewhat clunky and yes he's not as good as Vieira, but for his price he's probably the best left footed cdm in the game. Got a wicked shot too.(I've used him for 400+ games)
  • jimmykabs
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any reason ADP prime has gone down a lot in price?
  • jimmykabs wrote: »

every icon is going down
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    jimmykabs wrote: »

Every more expensive icon has been dropping.
  • RovoNLD
    16 posts Ball Boy
    any reviews on Prime Blanc and Prime Desailly?

Got prime Desailly. He's all right but a bit cluncky. Gets outplayed by 88 Maldini easily. Don't know about prime Blanc though.
  • WellWornBeast
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    Okay guys, got around 1m-1,5m (at a stretch if i downgrade my defenders) and i need a solid all-round CM.

Deciding between 91 Matthaus, 90 Petit, 86 Gullit and 86 Vieira.

Thoughts?

Also, about Icon prices, havent been on FUT since christmas so i havent got a clue.. reckon its 'safe' to buy them now? I understand they will drop heavily once TOTS is around the corner but thats still 1,5 month away right?
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Okay guys, got around 1m-1,5m (at a stretch if i downgrade my defenders) and i need a solid all-round CM.

Thoughts?

Also, about Icon prices, havent been on FUT since christmas so i havent got a clue.. reckon its 'safe' to buy them now? I understand they will drop heavily once TOTS is around the corner but thats still 1,5 month away right?
    Fut birthday coming soon as well

Gullit was the biggest impact player for me in that list btw. Has to be CM though, Not cdm.
  • WellWornBeast
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tim86 wrote: »

Thoughts?

Fut birthday coming soon as well

Gullit was the biggest impact player for me in that list btw. Has to be CM though, Not cdm.

Yeah im leaning towards him, im afraid they'll drop his prime and his 86 price will tank tho
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    Been a long time guys, how is everyone?

Not played for about 6 weeks now, been incredibly busy.... however before I took my break I bought 150 PTG cards for 13k each and just sold them all for 47k, think this might be a good time to get back into FIFA!

I didn’t think the profit would come this quick though, new they’d always do a PTG sbc but thought it’d be closer to the World Cup.

Can see R94 has tanked like hell, how has his price been stability wise? Might just do Larsson for now and use him until prime R9, how does Larsson play?

Also any newish players about that are a must?

Still have prime Dinho/Vieira/Rio and toty DDG so can use pretty much anyone.

Also also any E1/T100 players about to give me a game? Need to see if I can slot back into the level I was at straight away or see if I need to grind out some Seasons.
  • number7rocky
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    How is Prime Matheus? I currently have Toty Kante at RCM and was curious how they compare. I know Kante has better stats in most areas but Matheus has the 4 star weak foot and high high work rates which suit the position more. Plus icons tend to play above their stats. Cheers. :blush:
  • ha032742
    35039 posts Moderator
    How is Prime Matheus? I currently have Toty Kante at RCM and was curious how they compare. I know Kante has better stats in most areas but Matheus has the 4 star weak foot and high high work rates which suit the position more. Plus icons tend to play above their stats. Cheers. :blush:

Prefer Matthaus
  • number7rocky
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    ha032742 wrote: »

Prefer Matthaus

For what reasons? How quick does he feel? Kante's pace is very useful at RCM. One area kante destroys him is agility and big difference on dribbling. Cheers
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    So I ended up doing the Larsson SBC and for a guy who has 3* skills, he’s absolutely phenomenal and I’m usually incredibly harsh in judging players. He’s still not a scratch on Dinho but Larsson has 29 goals/19 assists in 26 games so far. Will be a shame when I use him in a prime SBC.

Will try play all my WL games with weekend to see what I need to change with the team.

Ibra is decent enough at CM if anyone was wondering, if they release a birthday Ibra I’ll do him without question

KG80T2b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Bozza88
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    wow ruud down to 2.8?
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    R94 under 4.4 on market <3
    Sold him for 6m a month ago :joy:
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    91 'dinho at 2m; I think I'm just going to do it and run with a poverty defence.

Any opinions on if this icon crash will continue into the weekend?
  • Pxul_
    7724 posts League Winner
    91 'dinho at 2m; I think I'm just going to do it and run with a poverty defence.

Any opinions on if this icon crash will continue into the weekend?

it will keep going
  • Seanspence31
    1018 posts Professional

Thoughts?

You could always get CB Matthaus and CDM Desailly and switch them at kick off. I started doing it this week and won’t look back. Also they are a combined 1.2 million or so. They are really great
  • Laker62
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am new to this thread, I did the Base Icon SBC five times and pulled the following:

Van Basten (89)
    Nesta (88)
    Pele (91)
    Rijkaard (86)
    Schmeichel (86)

Which of these are worth keeping? I am away from my PS4 for the week and I do not know which I should submit into another SBC. Obviously I am going to keep Pele, wasn't sure about the others other than Schmeichel.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I d only keep Pele and use others in SBCs
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whats the best position for 91 Pele?
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    CF or CAM imo
  • Laker62
    murazor wrote: »

Really? I’ve heard good things about all of them but schmeichel. I guess I’ll give them a go and then decide.
    Do you have any personal experience with any of them?
  • Laker62
    CF or CAM imo

So in a 41212(2) you’d pay him at cam?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Laker62 wrote: »
    I am new to this thread, I did the Base Icon SBC five times and pulled the following:

Van Basten (89)
    Nesta (88)
    Pele (91)
    Rijkaard (86)
    Schmeichel (86)

Which of these are worth keeping? I am away from my PS4 for the week and I do not know which I should submit into another SBC. Obviously I am going to keep Pele, wasn't sure about the others other than Schmeichel.

It depends how many coins you have and what your plans for your team are. Pele is good enough to be in your team, even his base card. Rijkaard is a good DM but is eclipsed by Petit/Vieira etc but he’s fine for now. The other 3 you can use in either a premium Icon (R10/Henry) or go for a split and get Vieira+Rio for example

All depends on how many coins you have, man.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner

Really? I’ve heard good things about all of them but schmeichel. I guess I’ll give them a go and then decide.
    Do you have any personal experience with any of them?

I have some coins and I can afford to use better players. I ve used all of them and everyone was bad/average for me except Van Basten. And Pele ofc. Pele is great.
    CF or CAM imo

So in a 41212(2) you’d pay him at cam?

Yes, thats were I ve played him when I had it
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    If EA wont give us Kaka, I am thinking I could reunite R94 with Base Dinho. Who used him ? Does his lower card have that Dinho feeling? I know he wont run as fast as the other 2 cards but is he agile and with classy dribling? I ve also love 91's shoting. Does it feel any similar to 91 ? :)
  • Retro_G
    28157 posts Player of the Year
    chasepluto wrote: »
    any difference between 89 blanc and 91 blanc in game? any other defender better than blanc?

I haven't used the 91 Blanc, but the 89 is ridiculously good, best CB I've used in the game.
  • jimmykabs
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m looking to do the blanc SBC, is it worth doing the high rated challenges now as prices are low and then waiting for fut birthday to finish so the lower rated challenges are cheaper?
  • keyroy
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    jimmykabs wrote: »
    I’m looking to do the blanc SBC, is it worth doing the high rated challenges now as prices are low and then waiting for fut birthday to finish so the lower rated challenges are cheaper?

Id say so. Prices for 83/84s are sky high atm. Blanc is very good btw