The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

AA9 Skillz says what most of us are thinking.

Comments

• V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    Hasn't even touched on the gameplay, the pay to win, the pace kills all, the customer service...........
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Hasn't even touched on the gameplay, the pay to win, the pace kills all, the customer service...........
    nobody would listen a hour long rant

• bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    The fact that people who’ve qualified from the DKT tournament can still go back in and play it again just sums up how incompetent EA are.

I swear they must smoke a crack pipe during their board meetings.
    I can assure you they don't smoke crack pipes during those meetings, they smoke 100 dollar bills*..

Edit: *lots of them..
  • Byrnzie28
    1853 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chubz wrote: »
    Dam, couldnt watch/listen to more than 1minute

*edit* managed to get through the first 1minute, gets easier :)

Why? What's your problem with him?
  • Chubz
    3230 posts National Call-Up

I have no problem with him at all...I've actually watched a load of his videos. Just at the beginning sounds like he is about to break out into a rap, and talks very fast so sometimes it can be draining. I appreciate what he has to say.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain

Whats up booyah nation

Are we all gucci

Loads of shouting

Something like this I guess
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2018
    EA won't make any significant changes whilst the money is rolling in, at apparently, record levels.

Just won't happen imo. They'll tweak things but won't do anything that'll affect their bottom line and cause concern with the shareholders unless they analyze the crap out of it first and they can almost guarantee their success.

They will have spent $$$$$ on employing sport and human behaviour pyschologists (possibly even more than on their customer support teams maybe?!) to put this package together in the first place - people who will have told them that this model is the way to print money - and it does!

Just my two penneth thoughts playing devil's advocate even though I'm just as frustrated as many with this game and this company...

This isn't a game to them. Their ambition isn't to make the best game possible, they aren't an indie outfit who take pride in delivering a loved game - it is a business delivery model created to make serious amounts of money by getting people hooked on a product by taking advantage of human behaviour.

Plain and simple.

Such as... The WL is pitched as an 'exclusivity' reward. The "best" players get to play it. This makes it an automatic ambition for many many players - ego, I want to prove I can be a WL player.

How many people play it and then report they can't stand it, but then continue to play it? Why? Is it fun, probably not to a fair proportion who continue to play it, so why, because people want to believe they are good at the game - they want the 'bragging' rights. I'm good, I can qualify, I can get bla bla bla each week etc.

They make people go through the qualifying process to cement this concept. You are better than average, better than others, you've qualified.

But wait... if you're not and if you can't, guess what, spend some money, become a great trader, buy better players, try get an icon team, you'll have an advantange, it'll help you get in, win those close shave games you lost, help you get XX rewards each week instead.

It's a win win for EA. They drive activity into a game mode that is meant to exhaust, meant to make you feel a sense of achievement for just being able to play it, meant to bum you out when you feel scr*wed over all to sit back and then watch their FP sales increase by the truck load as you believe spending more money will help you get better.

If WL wasn't positioned as an 'exclusivity' zone even more people would get bored and bow out, probably earlier than many have. Why? Because consistency of their actions - those who have spent hours trying to "git gud", those that have spent literally thousands of $/£/whatever building their team up are still set up to believe that they can be better at the game the next time they play it. They continue to try and try and try again.

Imagine it being open. All players of all ability start entering Week 1, with their starter teams, maybe the odd decent card from early pack luck etc. A huge proportion of those players aren't going to be good enough, they'll play and play and play, lose and lose and lose, get bored and then give up before they've even begun (we see this sort of mindset every year when the game releases and a proportion of players all moan that it's different and they can't play it). In this world EA hasn't fleeced them yet on the idea that spending and spending and spending will get them success one day in this exclusive competition.

Plucking the random figures as so often seems to be done, but in doing so tying it to a common business concept... in a nutshell...

EA couldn't give a stuff about 80% of the gamebase.

20% of the gamebase will generate 80% of the profit.

Those that continue to plough thousands into an annual game, whether they be pros or casuals are that 20% and are all that EA care about.

EA won't change anything to a significant degree in this game unless they can be almost certain that their profits will remain as high year upon year.

• SuperSonicSean
    6152 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    This is a fair and well constructed argument by AA9. People are getting burned out and leaving the game in record numbers. It's mutually beneficial for EA's bottom line and the consumer to tone down the number of WL games (or make it playable over a longer period), and to open up WL to everyone.