The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

So I tried PES finally

OZero
6280 posts Big Money Move
edited March 2018
After quitting Fifa for two months, I want to play football games again and PES is having a half price discount in PS Store, so I decided to give it a try.

And I am very impressed, after 2 days. I think I will get a copy for 2019 and start MyClub instead of FUT.

1. Better engine - you can feel it easily. One touch pass is effective only for first one to two passes and after that the player will misplace the pass (which is quite realistic imo). The tikitaka style in Fifa won't work. Another point worth mentioning is the crossing and heading system. It feels so smooth and realistic.

Of course there are some bad points as well, like the shooting system and some players movement looks awkward. But in general I do feel much more fun when playing the game, even if I lost.

2. Completely different market (some people won't like this) - no more trading. Everyone has to earn their coins from matches. Players are acquired either by loot box draw or scouts, where scouts can be obtained by matches or public auctions (all issuers are Konami). No more trading, no more investment, no more if you don't invest you would lose to your counterparts.

I personally don't like this because to me trading is fun, but I know there are lots of people who don't like trading and investing as well.

3. No TOTW, instead, players are able to "grow" by match exp. For example, Mbappe initial rating is 82, but you can train him up to 92. In a way it's just like the old master league system. Mind you do need a lots of time to max out a player though.

4. Needless to say, much better chemistry system. No more change formation ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Players are able to change to their pre set tactics and formations easily in game anyway.

There are lots of good ideas in PES that Fifa can easily copy and paste to be honest. If you don't believe you can try yourself. I do feel glad that I paid just a tiny fraction of money compare with those FP I paid back in Sep (when all means nth now) and able to find a great alternative. FUT18 is likely my last FUT, unless EA makes huge changes, because I got my alternative already.

Just to share and to those who fed up of EA, hope you can find back some fun from football games like me in PES.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    3761 posts National Call-Up
    m8 mark your thread OT and move it to a ps4 or xb1 section or one of the mods will bluntly just delete the whole thread , copy paste it somewhere anyway lol
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    Point 3 is an eye opener! I never knew this and have said before that EA should do this as you are getting rewarded for the time and effort you put in. However, EA won't do this as you're not getting rewarded for the amount of money you put in. Having had coins recently swiped from me without being told why, this makes for a very interesting read! Thanks!
  • ozcs_69
    3761 posts National Call-Up
    3. No TOTW, instead, players are able to "grow" by match exp. For example, Mbappe initial rating is 82, but you can train him up to 92. In a way it's just like the old master league system. Mind you do need a lots of time to max out a player though.

this is a brilliant idea for the FUT TOTW section,

what if they implement a system that the TOTW purchased or packed player will only play his TOTW ratings if you got certain amount of games or scores on him,

how much more fun that would be ?

or even the chemistry style which i believe even more effective than TOTW, and we have the proofs this year clearly, won`t get effected unless you do certain amount of .... it just gives more reason to try different players, to try hard to get them to where you want them to be ...
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for your post. Gonna try it as I am done with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.
  • RadioShaq
    15608 posts Moderator
    As this is more about pes. Please use the off topic section as others pointed out thanks.
This discussion has been closed.