why do EA keep ripping us all off - why dont they want us to have good players

wbasteele
876 posts Semi-Pro
ive never known anything like it that this company continues to rip us all off - crap pack weight - making icon SBCS almost impossible - making PTG an impossible task.. they continue to rinse us of what ever coin you can make - why oh why is this company so satisfied to make the gamer the angriest it can possibly be.. personally EA & fifa i dont want anymore editions of your game until you correct all these wrongs and im guessing this will never happen as your only content on ppl paying.. honestly sick of what i just wasted on this PTG malarky its the final straw

Comments

• maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    wbasteele wrote: »
    why oh why is this company so satisfied to make the gamer the angriest it can possibly be..
    beacuse it's profitable

• Any tym7
    1385 posts Professional
    Man i havent packed anything since november and sadly i try every weekend but i definitely spend i lot less these days compared to last year as i no longer expect anything other then discards everytime
  • Knowlesdinho
    11189 posts Has That Special Something
    Expect nothing and you will always be happy.
  • maksi
    Expect nothing it's EA

• wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    Sorry I play a game to have fun and this is not fun.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Can't see how Icons SBCs are impossible as there's plenty cards on the market for them.

Im All for bashing EA but needs to be credible instead of some rant
  • Knowlesdinho
    maksi wrote: »
    Expect nothing it's EA

Not technically true though is it? As regards content we have more than we have ever had.

Icons are not out of reach if you trade, SBCs give you packs, but no guarantees, and are optional. Nobody puts a gun to your head to complete SBCs or open packs.

For many on here it’s a case of damned if they do, damned if they don’t!
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    Everyone has lost the plot here - get to basics this is a game forget about Ea fthis is a game - games are meant for fun if we all get to basics then there should be none of these hrs spent trying to do a SBC - the programmers of this game obviously do not want you to play the game or have fun if they are doing the above
  • Fab
    18106 posts World Class
    Everyone has lost the plot here - get to basics this is a game forget about Ea fthis is a game - games are meant for fun if we all get to basics then there should be none of these hrs spent trying to do a SBC - the programmers of this game obviously do not want you to play the game or have fun if they are doing the above

And most businesses are meant for money. Try looking at the bigger picture before your next post.
  • maksi
    Not technically true though is it? As regards content we have more than we have ever had.
    "More content" as SBC promotions, yay, FUT is getting more like a slot machine simution than creating your own ultimate team.

• maksi
    Fab wrote: »
    And most businesses are meant for money. Try looking at the bigger picture before your next post.
    i agree, there is a lot of money to be made selling gambling to kids

• wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    Gotta love the ones sticking up for this atrocity
  • Knowlesdinho
    "More content" as SBC promotions, yay, FUT is getting more like a slot machine simution than creating your own ultimate team.

You keep editing my comments to fit your agenda. Nobody is forcing anybody to do these SBCs or open packs.
  • Gromit
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    The game is out of hand. It is pretty clear to see.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Gotta love the ones sticking up for this atrocity

Or maybe some of the things being moaned about are nonsense.
  • Flamstead
    2854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry I play a game to have fun and this is not fun.

When the fun stops STOP
  • Flamstead
    2854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »
    The game is out of hand. It is pretty clear to see.

• HullCity1904
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    It is a business but why are some people just content with accepting this?

The business part for years was us paying 60euros for a game, EA making a ton of money and that's it.

Now the business part involves money making schemes that last the whole year not just at the start.

That's where it becomes a problem for some of us it seems but I think a new generation of players, who were "born into it" are now fine with the concept of spending 1000s of euros on a game throughout the year.

Unfortunately giving good pack weight would be people spending less on points. If you have an amazing team you're not gonna keep spending as much as someone who is craving improvement.

The biggest issue now is that EA will NEVER revert back. They will potentially give us free "fake" stuff but they will never reduce the price of points, the pack weight the price of the game, the price of packs.

Simply because all the top board members will expect better quarter after quarter after quarter. You don't go backwards in business.

The ONLY way but it will never happen... is if a large enough amount of players went "on strike" and boycotted Fifa points, all did a road to glory game style... and It would have to be like 10 million players most likely. That would be the only way, it's business 101, that would force them to take action and introduce sales and discounts.

If that doesn't happen, then nothing will change, I can promise you.

Next fifa they'll probably introduce something new to make it seem like they've listened to su but it will always be a fake reward, always a catch or a small print.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Wish everyone had teams of icons, I give them a pasting in weekend league
    giphy.gif
  • Hive
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    why oh why is this company so satisfied to make the gamer the angriest it can possibly be..
    beacuse it's profitable

This. And it won't ever change as long as all the people complaining still keeps buying packs.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Hive wrote: »
    beacuse it's profitable

This. And it won't ever change as long as all the people complaining still keeps buying packs.

That’s the key point really isn’t it. All these threads about pack weights, SBCs, gameplay etc and yet they all keep playing.
  • Fab
    18106 posts World Class

The business part for years was us paying 60euros for a game, EA making a ton of money and that's it.

Now the business part involves money making schemes that last the whole year not just at the start.

That's where it becomes a problem for some of us it seems but I think a new generation of players, who were "born into it" are now fine with the concept of spending 1000s of euros on a game throughout the year.

Unfortunately giving good pack weight would be people spending less on points. If you have an amazing team you're not gonna keep spending as much as someone who is craving improvement.

The biggest issue now is that EA will NEVER revert back. They will potentially give us free "fake" stuff but they will never reduce the price of points, the pack weight the price of the game, the price of packs.

Simply because all the top board members will expect better quarter after quarter after quarter. You don't go backwards in business.

The ONLY way but it will never happen... is if a large enough amount of players went "on strike" and boycotted Fifa points, all did a road to glory game style... and It would have to be like 10 million players most likely. That would be the only way, it's business 101, that would force them to take action and introduce sales and discounts.

Next fifa they'll probably introduce something new to make it seem like they've listened to su but it will always be a fake reward, always a catch or a small print.

Nobody's content accepting this. I just find it a bit embarrassing that people like OP will complain about this game every other day yet continue to play the game and/or fill the pockets of EA with FP. Something doesn't add up there if you ask me. Why would anyone expect EA to change anything if they're hitting record revenues year after year? OP is part of the problem but doesn't see quite big enough to realise that.
  • RadioShaq
    15211 posts Moderator
    People enjoy trading and collecting cards. A lot would quit if everyone had good cards.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I actually think making pack weights higher wouldn't affect their profits..

Nobody's content accepting this. I just find it a bit embarrassing that people like OP will complain about this game every other day yet continue to play the game and/or fill the pockets of EA with FP. Something doesn't add up there if you ask me. Why would anyone expect EA to change anything if they're hitting record revenues year after year? OP is part of the problem but doesn't see quite big enough to realise that.

Let me make it simple for you and everyone else that repeat the same thing..

The continue to play- due to their love of Football and no other decent football game

They continue to spend- because they're addicted, people distance FUT from gambling but the receptors are the same and EA prey on this

It's disgusting all the tricks they use..

-The "get hyped" promos
    -The sophisticated pricing of FP and Packs
    -the pack animations
    - the endless lightning rounds for absolutely nothing
  • Fab
    18106 posts World Class
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

The continue to play- due to their love of Football and no other decent football game

They continue to spend- because they're addicted, people distance FUT from gambling but the receptors are the same and EA prey on this

-The "get hyped" promos
    -the pack animations

How does that change anything what I just said? I'm aware of everything you just mentioned, that doesn't discredit my comment.
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited March 2018

-The "get hyped" promos
    -the pack animations

I wonder, do people play COD due to their love of shooting real people in the face?

There are alternatives to FIFA, but people play FIFA because of the aspects that they spend a lot of time moaning about.
  • ICUP
    4214 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018

-The "get hyped" promos
    -the pack animations

I wonder, do people play COD due to their love of shooting real people in the face?

There are alternatives to FIFA, but people play FIFA because of the aspects that they spend a lot of time moaning about.

LOL, if I wasn't jailed I would insult you for stupidity.

How many games are there out there like FIFA that can compete with FIFA in regards to content & playerbase?

Your COD analogy is one of the dumbest counter arguments I have read

• mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Expect nothing it's EA

Icons are not out of reach if you trade, SBCs give you packs, but no guarantees, and are optional. Nobody puts a gun to your head to complete SBCs or open packs.

For many on here it’s a case of damned if they do, damned if they don’t!

Some common sense. A rare sight on here at the moment.
  • Knowlesdinho
    ICUP wrote: »

-The "get hyped" promos
    -the pack animations

Insult away! The argument that people play Fifa because they love football is flawed. My point was meant to be an exaggeration.
  • Knowlesdinho
    ICUP wrote: »

-The "get hyped" promos
    -the pack animations

How many games are there out there like FIFA that can compete with FIFA in regards to content & playerbase?

Your COD analogy is one of the dumbest counter arguments I have read

My tongue is firmly in my cheek.