Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Probably the easiest three points away from home I've seen us get. Sunderland really are heading into oblivion.

6 points away from Wolves at the top, they have a game in hand but they have to go to Elland Road tomorrow. Hoping for an upset.

Not looking good ATM

It was never looking good. :joy:

Ah well. 2nd place is still attainable.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Would like to see Villa and Fulham get promoted
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    There's absolutely no topping that tonight. What a performance, we made Wolves look completely average. Jack Grealish yet again running things, bloke's ridiculously good right now
  • ccvcbb
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hope you come back up, love Steve Bruce, would love to see him back at old trafford one day
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Going to be very interesting to see how this pans out
  • Tornado31619
    17060 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    There's absolutely no topping that tonight. What a performance, we made Wolves look completely average. Jack Grealish yet again running things, bloke's ridiculously good right now

Just saw the result, blimey.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Unbelievable result. That will definitely rattle Wolves leading up to the end of the season. Things just keep getting better.

Slightly annoyed that Cardiff edged the Blues, still have to wait to get that 2nd spot in the bag. Fulham are also continuing to breathe down our necks, and I hope Forest get a result over Derby.

This is set up for a huge finish. It's way too tight to make any clear cut predictions.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    ccvcbb wrote: »
    hope you come back up, love Steve Bruce, would love to see him back at old trafford one day

For the opposition, or United?
  • Ahmer50x
    18288 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    If we actually give Bruce until the end of September to get it right then Dr Tony isn't a smart man at all. I've seen plenty of bad football at Villa over the years but Bruce really does top the lot
    Bruce out.
    He truly is a **** bag. That tweet sums up his character. Self entitled fat man who thinks he's bigger than he really is.

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Aston-Villa-The-Emirates-FA-Cup-Third-Round.jpg
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Hoping you have an off night tonight, especially with JT involved.
  • DoD_Jester
    26350 posts Player of the Year
    And that's why we should NEVER EVER act like we're going to do something good
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    The highs of Sat all for nothing, we’ve proper **** it
  • Hitman_Hatton
    YBIrkTh.png

Sounds like we put in a performance.

Not often we win at Villa Park, and even at 2-0 (heck, even 3) I still had doubt due to the often high scoring games between us there.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    You were miles better
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited March 2018
    That 1-0 defeat to Bolton effectively ends our slight chance of pipping Wolves at the post and to be honest, I think 2nd is out of reach too.

How could we go from smacking Wolves 4-1 to losing 3-1 to QPR at home and then not turning up against a lowly Bolton side? It just doesn't make sense, we had all the forward momentum in the world and we still managed to **** it up. Typical Villa.

The playoffs are going to be very nerve-wracking. There's no weak side around us, they can all produce a top performance on their day.

I sincerely hope we somehow go all the way. I don't know if I can take another season in this division.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Another underwhelming result. We can't keep this up much longer, the playoffs aren't far away.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    We've made a complete mess of it. Bruce's tactics the past 2 games seem to be if we aren't winning quickly put on all our strikers, which makes us even less likely to score.

Wish he'd stop using Tuanzebe as a RB as well, blokes awful in that position and breaks up the good understanding Elmo/Snodgrass have.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    bloody hell, if only we won just one of QPR, Bolton or Hull
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    :disappointed:
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    :)
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    truly great to have you back fella
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    cheers pal
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Jack Grealish man what a volley
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Dac9mQDX4AA9xZ0.jpg:small
    Prince William and John Carew lool name a more iconic duo
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Always felt Carew was a bit underrated to be fair.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Jack really has shown his worth now. Things were looking bleak for him around a year ago, its so good to see him get his career back on track.

Also great to see Kodjia getting involved regularly again, hope to see them both in the Prem next season if we get there. These last three games of the regular season will be crucial, we need all the confidence we can get going into the playoffs.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    More results like that please.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Mile. <3

Kept Adama quiet which was nice. Advantage us.
  • Farlz
    8427 posts League Winner
    Great result today. Dropped off a bit in the 2nd half and sat quite deep which was frustrating but overall very happy. The defence/Jedinak were brilliant, Adama was the big threat for Boro and they pretty much kept him quiet all game.
  • Elloelloello
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    Can't remember the last time I felt this nervous on the way to Villa Park