Rashford- Salah Hahaha!!!

Comments

• Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    squado15 wrote: »
    shows how far the mighty united have fallen when their fans are ecstatic about 32% possession, 2 shots and 0 corners in a home game.

This is a dumb comment.... do u need corners and possession to win a match? For real?

Just a comparison to the United of old. They used to be exciting, now they're boring. Which is fine, they're like the win at all costs people you play in WL though. :lol:

Exciting or boring it's the results that matter and you boys got Notning and made to look average
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    shows how far the mighty united have fallen when their fans are ecstatic about 32% possession, 2 shots and 0 corners in a home game.

This is a dumb comment.... do u need corners and possession to win a match? For real?

Just a comparison to the United of old. They used to be exciting, now they're boring. Which is fine, they're like the win at all costs people you play in WL though. :lol:

Stop being so salty... Liverpool didn't come close to scoring all game. You can have all the possession in the world, but when you can't beat someone's defense it means nothing.

United dealt with Liverpool's threat so easily today. And exploited your pathetic defense.. You deserved to lose the game. If you say different, you clearly didn't watch the game.

Exactly!! Although I did think salah and co would cause more problems but they were in our defences pockets all game
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    AEsey wrote: »
    Good result today lads

Great result!! Goes to show liverpools attacking 3 can be shut out.

You can shut out any attacking team with that bus you've got... 32% possession, 2 chances, 2-1. Typical Mourinho United. :lol:

Only stat that matters is goals, don't be salty now.

Not really, they were saying Liverpool's attacking 3 can be shut out, I just pointed out any attack can be shut out when everyone's back there and there's no space to move into...

One of the easiest games we've had this season tbh. You had absolutely nothing.

We were very poor today. Really poor ball retention in attacking positions and didn't really look like scoring apart fron Van Dijks header. But i dont think you have many reasons to be so bullish. You benefitted from awful defending twice.

I think part of your poor ball retention was the pressure applied by us around the box, we rushed you into errors and did a job and Jose most defiantly had this planned

Yes, you were compact and made it very difficult and i agree. Although we were below par so didnt really give outselves a chance and could have certainly done better. Our midfield was also lacking. Matic is immense. Can is a level or two below him and Milner doesn't offer enough creativity or any thrust in the transition. We need Keita and probably another top class midfielder as well as a replacement for Lovren. Lovren is a liability. His 2 fouls on lukaku in the space of 10 seconds were ridiculous. He has no decision making ability.

People can moan about parking the bus but it's irrelevant as they won and are above us by 5 points now. We don't have the players to counter this at the moment and we will always be susceptible to conceed with Lovren and a youngster as the right side of our defence.
  • Zv1k0
    5975 posts Big Money Move
    If anyone thinks United parked the bus is just mad. Its not like they werent trying to attack or kick the ball as far as they could everytime and immediately get all 10 men infront of their box.

Chelsea parked the bus at Camp Nou, 2012. Go watch that game and compare it to todays game. You'll see what parking the bus is. Since I mentioned that game, also compare it to Chelsea v Barca 2018 and tell me if they parked the bus this year too. You'll see they even pressed up to Barcelonas box when they had goal kick. Did they do that in 2012? No, because that was parking the bus. See the difference?

As i said, theres a difference between getting shut down or not even trying. If a team wants to score, they'll press higher up the pitch, close down the space and force the opponent to give possesion away. Is that defending teams fault for not keeping more than 30% possesion? United didnt intend to score but they were still attacking when they had the ball instead of kicking it far out.

My point is, everyone, who says they parked the bus is making excuses because thats the easiest excuse loser can make when they cant score. Having 70% just helps you believe that but doesnt make it a fact.
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    Coderood wrote: »
    Dont worry Liverpool fans. Sevilla will kick out this trash team that is playing the wrong sport. They should have all become buss drivers instead.

First half we didn't park the bus, we tried to go forward when we got the ball, and mata probably would have scored if he saw how much space he was in
    Juve parked the bus against spurs in the ucl and everyone said what a performance

The difference between Juve and Man Utd is that United is doing it against every decent team. Juve parked the bus in the last 20 minutes. Before that they didnt park the bus. And watch every match of Juve normally they play attacking football. United only dares to attack against teams like WBA or Crystal Palace.

As a guy that loves football I love Liverpool way more then United, simply because they play football and not handball
    That's still parking the bus, and at the end of the day we played more fluid football in the first half than Liverpool did in the game

• Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Does it really matter?... It was basically a match to decide who finishes runner up in the league... The fact the result seemed thread worthy just highlights how the winner of this match gets to celebrate their most meaningful 'win' this season as neither team will be lifting a trophy...
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unfortunately that Rashford PTG stays at a winger. Will his iF be at ST though?
  • Leessa
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont think so, it was Alexis and Lukaku up top, Rashford mostly came from the Left
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does it really matter?... It was basically a match to decide who finishes runner up in the league... The fact the result seemed thread worthy just highlights how the winner of this match gets to celebrate their most meaningful 'win' this season as neither team will be lifting a trophy...

I think if united best city it will be more meaningful..
  • Leessa

I wouldnt write utd off for the FA cup and the CL is anybodys guess atm, i thought city would do it, i thought liverpool looked good enough to trouble any side in there but who knows, teams are up and down all over europe atm.

But for Utd fans, the win is important no matter what just because its Liverpool, but also it makes it less likely for City to win the title against us...
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Leessa wrote: »
    Dont think so, it was Alexis and Lukaku up top, Rashford mostly came from the Left
    Thanks! Didn’t watch the game and was just hoping. I find his NIF to be quite beastly but don’t like the PTG.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9987 posts Has That Special Something

Stop being so salty... Liverpool didn't come close to scoring all game. You can have all the possession in the world, but when you can't beat someone's defense it means nothing.

United dealt with Liverpool's threat so easily today. And exploited your pathetic defense.. You deserved to lose the game. If you say different, you clearly didn't watch the game.

Again, did I say anything about who deserved to win? Learn to read. In the post you quoted, all I said was United are boring now. The only player who is even remotely exciting is Alexis.
  • Leessa

Again, did I say anything about who deserved to win? Learn to read. In the post you quoted, all I said was United are boring now. The only player who is even remotely exciting is Alexis.

Thats bull. First, Alexis has done sweet FA since hes joined Utd and secondly the most exciting players they have are probably Rashford, Lingard and Martial. Its totally different to the football we played under Fergie but its miles better than anything we did with Moyes or Van Gaal. Id say in todays game we were the more attacking of the 2 teams in the first half, it was quite end to end. Shutting you out at 2-0 was inevitable, was quite an exciting game imo.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    Leessa wrote: »

Thats bull. First, Alexis has done sweet FA since hes joined Utd and secondly the most exciting players they have are probably Rashford, Lingard and Martial. Its totally different to the football we played under Fergie but its miles better than anything we did with Moyes or Van Gaal. Id say in todays game we were the more attacking of the 2 teams in the first half, it was quite end to end. Shutting you out at 2-0 was inevitable, was quite an exciting game imo.

I'm not saying he's done anything, but at least he tries to run forward with the ball.

And I wouldn't say you attacked a lot, your 2 chances came from back passes to De Gea who then hoofed the ball and Lukaku won the header. Doesn't mean you didn't deserve to win, it's just boring. United fans are the only ones who say they don't play boring. If you're happy with "results" (2nd place) that's fine, it's not my business, but don't deny you're boring!

Rashford's first goal was good though.
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tactical matsterclass but sore on the eyes for 90 minutes.

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited March 2018
    I'm sure your own fans find this embarrassing.

Thoughts? @DaveSaves @Keano @Couchy

Edit: Just realised I stumbled into the PS4 section by accident. This is why I stay away!
  • Shane
    24115 posts Player of the Year
    edited March 2018
    Brilliant stuff by Mourinho today.

Could have been 3-0 easily in the first half, had no real need to attack after that. We were a bit too passive in the second half but not complaining.

People are mistaking possession with control of the game. Possession can be useless if you don't do anything with it, just look at LVG's United

Liverpool weren't a threat at all, lucky to even get back in the game with Bailly's freak own goal. Did DDG even have to make a save aside from that goal?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Peter wrote: »

Edit: Just realised I stumbled into the PS4 section by accident. This is why I stay away!

What a mess. Almost as bad as the “Real Football” section
  • Keano
    16255 posts World Class
    edited March 2018
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »

What a mess. Almost as bad as the “Real Football” section

They should never leave this section and spread there idiocy
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got to love how all these fans include themselves with “we”
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero

Another salty crybaby are you?
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero

I don’t support English teams so no. Your character disgusts me but I guess that you fit into the United fan base.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero

I don’t support English teams so no. Your character disgusts me but I guess that you fit into the United fan base.
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero

Hahahahaha!!!! You are very fun Queenchav
  • Idek
    14610 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2018
    This thread not doing the dislikeable stereotype of United fans any favours
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Dont worry Liverpool fans. Sevilla will kick out this trash team that is playing the wrong sport. They should have all become buss drivers instead.
    :lol:

Is there anyone more bitter than this kid?
  • Retro_G
    32788 posts National Team Captain
    Only a delusional bitter pool fan would say we didn't deserve that win today. We took the game to Liverpool, blew them out of the water. We attacked with intent first half, should've been three up.

Second half we dug in, pulled off a defensive masterclass, those who can't appreciate both sides of the game should stop watching football. We were always in control, scoreline was faltering to Liverpool as the own goal was unfortunate. They didn't create anything, got put in their place.

Performances like that is what wins you major trophies, having an adaptive manager like Jose who isn't afraid to change tactics is a huge quailty. Liverpool only know one way to play, against big teams you've to be able to grind out results, have a plan B when plan A isn't working. That's difference between Flopp, José, the reason why Flopp won't win a major trophy for Liverpool. They were made to look bang average today, that was the reality check the pool needed, HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IxToMxI
    7009 posts League Winner
    Think people once again saw a José materclass in all honesty, first twenty minutes against Liverpool was end to end but the two goals changed the game, José clearly confident 2-0 was enough and closed up unfortunately it happened in the first 20 minutes.

The defence was a lot tighter than usual the back four pretty much contained within the parameter of the box whereas usually Valencia and Young will be attacking the flanks.

Liverpool have two ridiculously quick attackers and the ox bursting through at you if José attacked all game your asking for Liverpool to counter and score against you.

Think in all honesty if anyone should be questioned it’s Klopp, against Porto he didn’t change the system just players and couldn’t break down them niave to think that same system that couldn’t break Porto down could break down a José United, one thing for sure if you don’t like Jose or not his teams organisation is second too none as long as his players turn up which is why spurs defeat happened.

Before you come at me I support a league 2 team so am not a united nor Liverpool fan calling it as neutral how I saw it
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Juventus praised for their defensive master class midweek.

United ridiculed.

It’s typical ABU behaviour, people who jump on that bandwagon are making a fool of themselves more than anything.
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Juventus praised for their defensive master class midweek.

United ridiculed.

It’s typical ABU behaviour, people who jump on that bandwagon are making a fool of themselves more than anything.
    the games were similar in a way, both United and Juve had quick 2 goals in a short window of time, and both were tactically sound the rest of the match. Just Spurs scored first and it wasn’t a world class finish like Bailly did into his own net :D:D:D:D:D