XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Black Sails and Banshee are two very quality shows that kind of slipped under the radar of a lot of people from what I’ve seen

Personally, Banshee & quality is 2 words I would not use in the same sentence, when referencing TV shows.

Each to their own, of course.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32136 posts National Team Captain
    Black Sails and Banshee are two very quality shows that kind of slipped under the radar of a lot of people from what I’ve seen

Personally, Banshee & quality is 2 words I would not use in the same sentence, when referencing TV shows.

Damn you didn’t like Banshee?
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    What are your guys’ personal top 5s?

I’m horribly behind on television and need to some suggestions after I finish BS
  • RBailss
    12444 posts Has That Special Something
    Just watched the first episode of Save Me on Sky Atlantic.. really enjoyed it, only 6 episodes long though :(
  • VanBasten12

No mate, ... and I persevered! Till about S02E05/6. Just couldn't any more.
  • VanBasten12
    Painter753 wrote: »

I’m horribly behind on television and need to some suggestions after I finish BS

Wow ... Too hard, honestly!

If you're looking for recommendations, may be best to ask what kind of genre/type of show you're after?
  • BrentfordFC
    12413 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone here still watch some procedural drama's?

Main reason I do is to get some balance in, in between the likes of all the Vikings, Peaky Blinders, TD, Homeland and many, many others.

So ...
    NCIS - lost it's appeal when Tony left, but keeps me watching.
    NCIS New Orleans - still watch for some reason.
    Lethal Weapon - skipped this one till a mate said he enjoyed it. Cheesy at times but it's light relief.
    'Chicago' series ... Fire / PD / Med - bit boring at times, but watchable.
    The Blacklist - wish they could just package up all of James Spader's comments in 10 minutes and speed through the rest. Love him!
    Bull - Do like this one - Michael Weatherly is simply great.

The blacklist. Literally watch that just for his comments alone :lol:
  • VanBasten12

Main reason I do is to get some balance in, in between the likes of all the Vikings, Peaky Blinders, TD, Homeland and many, many others.

So ...
    Lethal Weapon - skipped this one till a mate said he enjoyed it. Cheesy at times but it's light relief.
    The Blacklist - wish they could just package up all of James Spader's comments in 10 minutes and speed through the rest. Love him!

Good timing ... my wife stopped watching this. Today's episode (my time today) ... I had almost finished it and I called her over and just showed her the parts where he's discussing the various bits about the business, IRS, etc.

Hilarious!
  • XxRichiexRichxX

No mate, ... and I persevered! Till about S02E05/6. Just couldn't any more.

Damn. That’s a first. Haha. I thought it was fantastic.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Jessica jones season 2 and Sneaky Pete season 2 will be getting watched over the next week for me
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain

All time?

Breaking bad
    The wire
    GOT
    The sopranos
    Black Mirror/Mr Robot

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a show as much as Breaking Bad
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Jessica jones season 2 and Sneaky Pete season 2 will be getting watched over the next week for me

Sneaky Pete season 2 is out? Forgot all about it. I really enjoyed the first season
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Shane wrote: »

Sneaky Pete season 2 is out? Forgot all about it. I really enjoyed the first season

It’s out tomorrow
  • Fab
    18269 posts World Class

jeez man a top 5 i dont know but heres my certified top 3
    3. the leftovers
    2. the wire
    1. breaking bad
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Honourable mention to the leftovers. Such a good show. Don't think it's everyone's cup of tea though.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something

I hated the last season! seemed so rush !

Anyone check out The Chi ? started up yesterday,, cant stop watching
  • Fab
    18269 posts World Class
    Shane wrote: »
    Honourable mention to the leftovers. Such a good show. Don't think it's everyone's cup of tea though.

its only for REAL ONES
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    MisterJV wrote: »

I hated the last season! seemed so rush !

Anyone check out The Chi ? started up yesterday,, cant stop watching

For me, it wasn’t so much that they rushed it, more that they just didn’t seem to know exactly how they wanted to wrap it up. I think the rush feel is because there were like 3-4 storylines all wrapping up vs the 1-2 that we were used to
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Am I the only one that just couldn’t get into Breaking Bad?
  • Fab
    18269 posts World Class

i have contacted the mods
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Fab wrote: »

i have contacted the mods

Gotta do what you gotta do
  • VanBasten12

Um ... yeah ...

Started like a house on fire, loving it. Again, Season 2, episode 5 or 6 ... and I was done.

TBF though, at that point I had way too many shows on the go. On a normal day I'm in front of my PC 12-15 hrs a day and work 80-90% at home. For 3-5 hrs of that time, streaming something on the left screen. Heck, I stream shows/movies whilst playing WL :smiley:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited March 2018

Um ... yeah ...

Started like a house on fire, loving it. Again, Season 2, episode 5 or 6 ... and I was done.

TBF though, at that point I had way too many shows on the go. On a normal day I'm in front of my PC 12-15 hrs a day and work 80-90% at home. For 3-5 hrs of that time, streaming something on the left screen. Heck, I stream shows/movies whilst playing WL :smiley:

You talking Banshee or Breakingbad here?

And yeah I typically have a show going on on one of my monitors while playing WL as well
  • VanBasten12

Um ... yeah ...

And yeah I typically have a show going on on one of my monitors while playing WL as well

Breaking Bad mate!
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner

Um ... yeah ...

See, I don't take that as "watching" shows, fair enough if it's something you've seen before but I'm definitely one for focusing purely on the show, no phone or playing games while watching
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    SF9 wrote: »

Um ... yeah ...

See, I don't take that as "watching" shows, fair enough if it's something you've seen before but I'm definitely one for focusing purely on the show, no phone or playing games while watching

Idk, there’s certain shows I can do it with that aren’t super complicated and don’t require my full attention. But then there’s shows that you absolutely have to pay attention too that I won’t do it with.

Um ... yeah ...

Breaking Bad mate!

Ah I couldn’t tell haha. It almost made it sound like you stopped watching it midway through season 2.

Idk I got a few episodes in and just was bored and stopped watching it. My wife watched the whole thing and said it was good but not as much as it’s hyped up to be. I caught a few episodes here and there when she watched it and still couldn’t bring myself to get interested in it
  • VanBasten12
    SF9 wrote: »

Um ... yeah ...

Idk, there’s certain shows I can do it with that aren’t super complicated and don’t require my full attention. But then there’s shows that you absolutely have to pay attention too that I won’t do it with.

Um ... yeah ...

Breaking Bad mate!

Ah I couldn’t tell haha. It almost made it sound like you stopped watching it midway through season 2.

Idk I got a few episodes in and just was bored and stopped watching it. My wife watched the whole thing and said it was good but not as much as it’s hyped up to be. I caught a few episodes here and there when she watched it and still couldn’t bring myself to get interested in it

Sorry mate ... I did stop midway into S2. Now see the bias in my statements.

And yeah - I think what got me was the over-hyping of it. It was pretty close to finishing by then too, so seeing all the ra-ra about it, and I was put off a bit.

No doubt they are 2 great actors and had a really good supporting base, but something never 'got me'.

Also agree on the streaming bit. There are just some shows that don't need your full attention.
  • BrentfordFC
    12413 posts Has That Special Something

So ...

Good timing ... my wife stopped watching this. Today's episode (my time today) ... I had almost finished it and I called her over and just showed her the parts where he's discussing the various bits about the business, IRS, etc.

Hilarious!

Yeah he makes it so much more enjoyable. The day they kill his character I’ll give up watching :lol:

Dembe tho <3
  • Argie8
    5888 posts Big Money Move
    I guess my top 5 "dramas" are:
    1. 24 s1-8
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. Game of thrones
    4. Dexter
    5. Prison break s1-4

And for comedies:
    1. Scrubs
    2. Malcolm in the middle
    3. Friends
    4. It crowd
    5. Misfits/inbetweeners (can't choose :joy: )
  • Fab
    18269 posts World Class
    Finished The Shield last night, pretty dark and heavy at times. Up next is Sneaky Pete S2 and then probably one of Black Sails, Carnivale or Rome.