P2W at it finest

Comments

• p2w/god squads helps you to get a few wins more in WL.. games that you would've lost without them (autotackles, composureetc.) .. i got a almost full icon team and i sometimes smash other full icon teams 5:0, 6:0 but i lost some games against better players than me, with their squad being worth around 1M.. if you're a bad player even a p2w team can't help you.. the best players would even smash top 100 with a team worth 500k

pretty much, but ppl on here dont wanna accept that answer. They want to be told that they lost because their team is cheaper than their opponents, not because he was better

in close games people can say, the icons or cr7 made the difference but if they get smashed 5:0 4:0 or something like that and get dominated they shouldn't say its because the guy had a better team.. he was just better and thats facts
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Dragond81 wrote: »
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Rucci wrote: »
    That 16 year old pro who recently won the regional, qualified as the 55th best in the world. How did he win? His team wasn't as strong as other top 50 players during online qualification, but when he could pick every player in the game at the regional. His opponent no longer had their p2w advantage, he ended up winning the whole tournament. At the top level, the pay to winners have a huge advantage, you're not getting into that top 50 without a sick stacked team.

semi finals and final he had a huge advantage duo playing only on xbox and no adapters for the ps4 players sry this title means nothing hes good yay but not that good

If teams didn't make a difference, EA would have the pro players using the teams that they qualified with, but we all know that's not the case. They let the pro players at regionals use the best players in the game, to make it more fair, but they allow team advantages during online qualification. Joke of an eSport.

Obviously better teams and players will make a difference. And so they should.
    Maybe I'm missing the point but all this p2w business is nonsense. Buying the best team doesn't guarantee you anything

It increase your chance tho.

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team

OFC having better players increase your chance of winning against someone who is equal to you.

Its pay2win, p2w does not mean you guaranteed the win.
    You lot are EA'd believing you improved that much lol, there is no skill in this game, anyone can beat anyone on fut, and having a stacked mega team and you play against someone who use a cheap team, you will be at disadventage, considerong the 2 players are just as good.

Dont choke on your pride guys :)

That's funny, I think there's also alot of people around here who can't also just admit defeat to a more superior opponent, and need to find any crumb of an excuse
  • Tennster10
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    If it p2w i should be top 100 by now. :D still 2 win away from G1 haha
  • Elliot666
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    its not a p2w game, people who say that try to find something other than themselves to blame for loss

even though I don't play anymore because of the updates, I have to disagree mate, you can face someone with a mega team and win with an op team but just having a mega team and having those types of players does give you a huge advantage from what I gathered.. there all so quick, strong, shoot from anywhere its on target.

{EA_Lanna: Profanity removed.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • JV24601
    1004 posts Professional
    For everyone saying it's NOT p2w ;

I have had 25w 8 times and 24w 1 time in 9Weekend leagues this FIFA.

This week I changed nobody in my average team except from the fact I loaned maradona (First icon I have used ) I finished with 33w and he was unbelievable how good he was.

I'm not hear to argue but for me that's pay2win ..

I'm sure that was the case with you, but with me I experimented last month.

I've played a weekend with my normal team (have 2 icons) - I got 20 wins.
    I played the next weekend with a full icon (loans) team for 35 games and I got 19 wins.
    I played the next weekend with my 2 icons and silvers and I got 19 wins.

My only comment would be the full icon team felt incredible and I felt like I was playing the best games I've played, but the results stayed the same.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    That 16 year old pro who recently won the regional, qualified as the 55th best in the world. How did he win? His team wasn't as strong as other top 50 players during online qualification, but when he could pick every player in the game at the regional. His opponent no longer had their p2w advantage, he ended up winning the whole tournament. At the top level, the pay to winners have a huge advantage, you're not getting into that top 50 without a sick stacked team.

semi finals and final he had a huge advantage duo playing only on xbox and no adapters for the ps4 players sry this title means nothing hes good yay but not that good

If teams didn't make a difference, EA would have the pro players using the teams that they qualified with, but we all know that's not the case. They let the pro players at regionals use the best players in the game, to make it more fair, but they allow team advantages during online qualification. Joke of an eSport.

Maybe I'm missing the point but all this p2w business is nonsense. Buying the best team doesn't guarantee you anything

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team.

OFC having better players increase your chance of winning against someone who is equal to you.

You lot are EA'd believing you improved that much lol, there is no skill in this game, anyone can beat anyone on fut, and having a stacked mega team and you play against someone who use a cheap team, you will be at disadventage, considerong the 2 players are just as good.

So you think if you played 10 matches against a pro, with you both using identical non rare gold teams, you would both win 5 each?.. Or would the pro win more because he has more skill?

You not get the point, put 2 equal players against eachother, one use Icon mixed with the best available toty players, icons like Ruud Gullit, prime r9, not talking bout the cheap ones.

And the other guy use a cheap gold team, not even worth 50k, the one with the icons will win, its that simplrtheir players have better interceptions, and what not.

Skill in this game is non existant or maybe only accounts for 5/10%, name me a skill man, that sets you apart then?, there is no skill there is only abuse, and you know it, why else everyone plays exactly the same, you only control 1 player, the other 10 are always controlled by the AI, but I'm not gonna argue about it, you keep believing what you want.

Its p2w at the end, the one with the super god sqaud has an advantage if 2 equal players face eachother, so p2w, that hard to understand?, anything that give you an advantage that you can achieve by spending money is p2w, no need to argue.

And it does not matter if you can get those sqauds without spending grands on this game, by trading or whatever, spending cash and being able to have a advantage is p2w, doesn't matter how you turn or twist it around.
  • Tony356
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A few years we've been complaining that Musa was as good as Messi and Ibarbo was as effective as Ronaldo. What's the point in having a good team, we all asked? And now good teams are indeed making a difference, we're complaining it's pay to win.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team

That's funny, I think there's also alot of people around here who can't also just admit defeat to a more superior opponent, and need to find any crumb of an excuse

And there lies the problem, put 2 equal players against each other.

And yes a few pro's be so good that it don't matter, they can win with 11 gk's, but that's just only a hand full of people and not even that.

Put 2 EQUAL players against each other.
  • wade_7_
    edited March 2018

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team.

So you think if you played 10 matches against a pro, with you both using identical non rare gold teams, you would both win 5 each?.. Or would the pro win more because he has more skill?

You not get the point, put 2 equal players against eachother, one use Icon mixed with the best available toty players, icons like Ruud Gullit, prime r9, not talking bout the cheap ones.

And the other guy use a cheap gold team, not even worth 50k, the one with the icons will win, its that simplrtheir players have better interceptions, and what not.

Skill in this game is non existant or maybe only accounts for 5/10%, name me a skill man, that sets you apart then?, there is no skill there is only abuse, and you know it, why else everyone plays exactly the same, you only control 1 player, the other 10 are always controlled by the AI, but I'm not gonna argue about it, you keep believing what you want.

Its p2w at the end, the one with the super god sqaud has an advantage if 2 equal players face eachother, so p2w, that hard to understand?, anything that give you an advantage that you can achieve by spending money is p2w, no need to argue.

And it does not matter if you can get those sqauds without spending grands on this game, by trading or whatever, spending cash and being able to have a advantage is p2w, doesn't matter how you turn or twist it around.

So really, why don't EA say, quit ultimate team and give us all one team to play with. That would be fun.
    Honestly, I dunno what some people's issues are

• ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    If the game was working flawless,you might argue about p2w,

But so called dramatic moments,gks,refs,auto defence,low driven shots,long shots from 45degree to far post,lag..Everything is broken in this game.

You dont have full control of the gameplay,so there is no real advantage of a good team
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018

So really, why don't EA say, quit ultimate team and give us all one team to play with. That would be fun.
    Honestly, I dunno what some people's issues are {EA_Lanna: Profanity removed.}

So you not agree, if 2 people are exactly on the same play lvl, one use a super god squad with the best of the best players worth 30mil or whatever and one use cheap 50k squad,

You actually telling me the guy with the super god squad does NOT have an advantage?, Sry put that's p2w.

It does not guarantee a win ofc, but it gives you a huge advantage, right or not?
  • Dragond81 wrote: »

the thread is about the OP thinking he is better than the guy with the god squad, he said by himself that he was completely outplayed by the other guy, not able to play passes and other things. he was better than him before in an event, so they are not even equal, the op thinks he is even better than the other player but still he thinks he got outplayed just because of the icons/better players in opponents team. you dont get outplayed from a player that is not better than you. even if he got a far better team than you, that just doesn't happen i can feel this by myself. if someone is better than me he will smash me, even with my 20M+ Team. if i play someone equal or a guy that is not even better than me but he has a better team, there is no way that he is going to outplay me. 100%! his icons could decide the game with their composure, auto tackles and other things, but i still think i will beat a guy with a god squad that isn't better or as good as me. imo the loss that happend to the OP wasn't just pure P2W, the other guy just improved, and because of that he outplayed him not just because of the icons, you still have to control them even if they do some things by theirselves. almost every game gives you advantages when you buy something, so i guess in your eyes almost every game is P2W. and btw, it is normal that people get better things when they pay/trade for something. if it wouldn't be like that EA wouldn't make any money. and as we all know EA loves money.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

This is absolutely true. There are so many variables saying it's just their team is better is wrong.
  • wade_7_

So really, why don't EA say **** it, quit ultimate team and give us all one team to play with. That would be fun.
    Honestly, I dunno what some people's issues are

So you not agree, if 2 people are exactly on the same play lvl, one use a super god squad with the best of the best players worth 30mil or whatever and one use cheap 50k squad,

You actually telling me the guy with the super god squad does NOT have an advantage?, Sry put that's p2w.

It does not guarantee a win ofc, but it gives you a huge advantage, right or not?

Nah mate I'm not having it. As @hayhor1 has pointed out, there are more variables than just skill or squad rating.
    By your way of thinking, if say, federer and nadal had 10 tennis matches, federer, being number 1 in the world, would win 10-0? But give nadal a better tennis bat, it might even it out to 5-5?
  • askperts
    448 posts Sunday League Hero

Do you know for sure he picked different players at the regional match? SO much of this game is knowing how each card performs that I highly doubt he changed anything at the final. Other than maybe upgrading the same card if there was a higher version. Putting a fresh card in makes no sense.
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think everyone agrees it's pay2win but we all have a different meaning of pay2win.

For me obviously skill is the most important but in those very close games which is (pretty much all WL games) once your playing well and predicted your normal rank or a good rank these icons really do make the difference. Also sometimes not even icons high value players like De Gea is can be a match winner.

This is the first year icons have been on PS4 so us non icon users are probably abit salty. In the past I could deal with a Ronaldo Messi but now them and Gullit Ferdinand Viera Henry it's almost impossible.
  • askperts wrote: »

Do you know for sure he picked different players at the regional match? SO much of this game is knowing how each card performs that I highly doubt he changed anything at the final. Other than maybe upgrading the same card if there was a higher version. Putting a fresh card in makes no sense.

yes dhtekkz used a completly different team
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Gorilla lost 3 games after 15 matches with a 500k team in weekend league, he switched back to his super team. He rarely loses with his stacked squad. When you're losing against cheap squads with a stacked team it's because you're playing opponents who're vastly superior to your skill level. While playing a similar skilled opponent, you should never lose with a stacked squad against a cheap squad.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    gia wrote:
    that's not the point of p2w.
    the point is: spending money gives you an advantage.

it can't be that hard to understand, it's been posted here several times in different wording.

It's not hard to understand.
    It's also not hard to understand there are more ways than spending actual money to get a god squad.
    I don't see the issue with what other people do with their time/money.
    My 89rated team has been beaten countless times by an 82 or 83 rated team. Some may be due to connection, but the biggest percentage is because my opponents were quite obviously better than me

Basically this happens in every aspect of life, if you want something better, you work for it or pay for it..
    my problem: pay to win is generally a bad thing.
    especially together with lootboxes.
    it's all about money and not about the game anymore.
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    Gorilla lost 3 games after 15 matches with a 500k team in weekend league, he switched back to his super team. He rarely loses with his stacked squad. When you're losing against cheap squads with a stacked team it's because you're playing opponents who're vastly superior to your skill level. While playing a similar skilled opponent, you should never lose with a stacked squad against a cheap squad.

He got smashed with his mega team aswell right affer switcging, was just having a bad week.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Joe wrote: »

He got smashed with his mega team aswell right affer switcging, was just having a bad week.

Don't be so gullible mate, obviously done on purpose to save face.
  • wade_7_
    gia wrote: »
    gia wrote:
    that's not the point of p2w.
    the point is: spending money gives you an advantage.

it can't be that hard to understand, it's been posted here several times in different wording.

It's not hard to understand.
    It's also not hard to understand there are more ways than spending actual money to get a god squad.
    I don't see the issue with what other people do with their time/money.
    My 89rated team has been beaten countless times by an 82 or 83 rated team. Some may be due to connection, but the biggest percentage is because my opponents were quite obviously better than me

Basically this happens in every aspect of life, if you want something better, you work for it or pay for it..
    my problem: pay to win is generally a bad thing.
    especially together with lootboxes.
    it's all about money and not about the game anymore.

It's nothing new.... I dont see why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist just lately.
    When there is a game mode called Ultimate Team, what do you expect?
    Best you find a game where you don't get any perks for leveling up, or having the fastest cars, or better guns, or higher rated players
  • ha032742
    37916 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    ha032742 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Whoever thinks fut isn't p2w is beyond delusional... Just look at the t100 teams. Every single team is a superteam

That's because they finish top 100 or elite 1 every week!... Are they not supposed to spend their coins so you don't get upset? :smiley:

lmao... like i said delusional. believe what u like. Keep believing it takes skill to win in this game. EA has you all fooled.

dude it takes skill, i've lost to cheaper teams than mine many times. Take @ha032742 for example, he will always be a better player than me and will win the majority of our matches because he is better than i am at the game. Despite the fact that i have upgraded my team loads and will upgrade it more, sure our games are closer but the skill gap exists and thus he will win 9/10 times

99/100

Don't get cocky. I beat u just the other day ;){EA_Lanna: Profanity removed.}

Only because I had horrible one sided delay :|

What was the score the following day? :trollface:
  • A5B
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    Pay2GetAMinimalAdvantage

As it should be.
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something

lmao you could not be more wrong. he beat the two best players in the world, gorrila and Kurt to advance to the finals. If you dont think thats a big deal i got houses too sell ya. The adapter thing didnt come into play until the finals. He played kurt and the guy who beat gorrila on fair grounds and beat them both. Guy above just made a great great point, without there p2w advantage they got destroyed by a 15 year old kid, it was jokes watching that thing. but ofcourse you ea defenders will never admit the con that this game is.
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its pay 2 win certain players.

If you have 90 gullit + vieira and r94 you have pretty much won before youstarted a game.

• wade_7_
    edited March 2018
  • HishamAyman
    3234 posts National Call-Up

You just stated a very important point right there
  • wade_7_

It's as useful as half the comments in here :D
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018

It's as useful as half the comments in here :D

Yeah them EA defenders, everything go wel for them, so there nothing wrong :p