P2W at it finest

Comments

• RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    joe666 wrote: »
    Whoever thinks fut isn't p2w is beyond delusional... Just look at the t100 teams. Every single team is a superteam

That's because they finish top 100 or elite 1 every week!... Are they not supposed to spend their coins so you don't get upset? :smiley:

lmao... like i said delusional. believe what u like. Keep believing it takes skill to win in this game. EA has you all fooled.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Whoever thinks fut isn't p2w is beyond delusional... Just look at the t100 teams. Every single team is a superteam

That's because they finish top 100 or elite 1 every week!... Are they not supposed to spend their coins so you don't get upset? :smiley:

lmao... like i said delusional. believe what u like. Keep believing it takes skill to win in this game. EA has you all fooled.

dude it takes skill, i've lost to cheaper teams than mine many times. Take @ha032742 for example, he will always be a better player than me and will win the majority of our matches because he is better than i am at the game. Despite the fact that i have upgraded my team loads and will upgrade it more, sure our games are closer but the skill gap exists and thus he will win 9/10 times
  • ha032742
    37947 posts Moderator

dude it takes skill, i've lost to cheaper teams than mine many times. Take @ha032742 for example, he will always be a better player than me and will win the majority of our matches because he is better than i am at the game. Despite the fact that i have upgraded my team loads and will upgrade it more, sure our games are closer but the skill gap exists and thus he will win 9/10 times

99/100
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    ha032742 wrote: »

99/100

Don't get cocky. I beat u just the other day ;)

{EA_Lanna: Profanity removed.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    some here don't understand pay to win.
    if you did, you simply couldn't say FUT wasn't pay to win.

of course you can get all cards without.
    of course good cards don't ensure success.

STILL, it's defo pay to win.
    good cards CAN give you success.
    good cards CAN be achieved through money (or excessive playing)
  • Purplejacket
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    60% skill 20%team 20%luck + servers
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    gia wrote: »

pay to win means you pay and you win, thats not the case at all. A skill gap exists no matter how rich you are. I bet any of you with a full icon squad would lose vs a pro player with a cheap squad
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    60% skill 20%team 20%luck + servers

this
  • Leoon
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    its not a p2w game, people who say that try to find something other than themselves to blame for loss

But be honest. If you play against a full icon toty team you know you are going to lose with your normal rare gold team. They outrun you, score everything. It's not equal game, and of course it doesn't have to be equal all the time. But full icon toty is more like playing as a 5 year old against pro player. They don't have to be necessarily good, as they just can outrun your players.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Leoon wrote: »
    its not a p2w game, people who say that try to find something other than themselves to blame for loss

But be honest. If you play against a full icon toty team you know you are going to lose with your normal rare gold team. They outrun you, score everything. It's not equal game, and of course it doesn't have to be equal all the time. But full icon toty is more like playing as a 5 year old against pro player. They don't have to be necessarily good, as they just can outrun your players.

Like I said that's not always true. I have an expensive team but I lose to cheap teams. Yes sometimes my opponents get lucky but other times they are better than me and my expensive players cant change that
  • Crowie
    1371 posts Professional

Like I said that's not always true. I have an expensive team but I lose to cheap teams. Yes sometimes my opponents get lucky but other times they are better than me and my expensive players cant change that

I would agree with this. I have v good team, all special cards (IF, Icons) bar Courtois but I'm an average player. Sometimes the cards carry me, sometimes, if servers are good, my cards can take me up a level. However other times I can be well beaten by standard gold teams simply because my opponent is a better player than me, he knows the game better, has more skills, quicker reactions. It happens.

Unfortunately many people in here have a (very) unrealistic acknowledgement of their actual abilities in this game and when the reality doesn't match up to that they look for something else to blame.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Crowie wrote: »

I would agree with this. I have v good team, all special cards (IF, Icons) bar Courtois but I'm an average player. Sometimes the cards carry me, sometimes, if servers are good, my cards can take me up a level. However other times I can be well beaten by standard gold teams simply because my opponent is a better player than me, he knows the game better, has more skills, quicker reactions. It happens.

Unfortunately many people in here have a (very) unrealistic acknowledgement of their actual abilities in this game and when the reality doesn't match up to that they look for something else to blame.

Its a lot of people with cheap squads saying if only I had an icon team then I will be in the top 100 surely, unrealistic expectations
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Or he improved

Do you think is it possible to improve in a game in which you don't have control? LOL
  • gia
    gia wrote: »

pay to win means you pay and you win, thats not the case at all. A skill gap exists no matter how rich you are. I bet any of you with a full icon squad would lose vs a pro player with a cheap squad
    no it doesn't mean that!

giphy.gif
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    As broken as the game is, its impossible to call it P2W. Because even top rated cards & Icons manage to fk up and commit all kinds of mistakes. But(!) its also a lie to say its not P2W, i agree it takes some kind of "skills" to win, or atleast that the person controlling the team knows how to actually play, but every card has its perks and disadvantages. The higher rated card the more perks and less disadvantages and lower rated card has less perks and more disadvantages. So if a Pack is opened using Money and you gain one of those high rated players, that means you've actually just paid for an advantage to win you games, or atleast help you win.
    But then again even a 99 cr7 which is the best card in the game is not the perfect card...because this game is simply broken.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    I'll say this. Low driven shots are broken, any player in this game will score low driven shots because there is no gk animation in the game to stop them. Now will more expensive players perform better in tougher postings? Yes, however if you're playing against a better opponent, in terms of skill, then you won't even be in that position to score because he won't let you get that close to his goal. That's the point I'm trying to make
  • gia
    let me put it like that:
    NO game is pure pay to win in the sense that the person that spent most would win all the time.
    That wouldn't even be a game.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    I'll say this. Low driven shots are broken, any player in this game will score low driven shots because there is no gk animation in the game to stop them. Now will more expensive players perform better in tougher postings? Yes, however if you're playing against a better opponent, in terms of skill, then you won't even be in that position to score because he won't let you get that close to his goal. That's the point I'm trying to make

I fully understand and agree buddy. But put it this way, two equally good players, one with maxed team and the other with a decent team. There is not question about the winner. That is pure P2W style.
    I'm not complaining, just saying how it is. I have put money in this game, all my choice, but if i had not I wouldnt have Ronaldinho for example. But i honestly dont believe you need to spend cash, there is other options as WL, SB, SBC to get those players/coins..which i rarely do cus lack of time.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Rob82K wrote: »
    Or he improved

Do you think is it possible to improve in a game in which you don't have control? LOL

So if we have zero control, what's everyone bitching about? If that's the case, it is what it is and just crack on with it
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    That 16 year old pro who recently won the regional, qualified as the 55th best in the world. How did he win? His team wasn't as strong as other top 50 players during online qualification, but when he could pick every player in the game at the regional. His opponent no longer had their p2w advantage, he ended up winning the whole tournament. At the top level, the pay to winners have a huge advantage, you're not getting into that top 50 without a sick stacked team.
  • Rucci
    1545 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    That 16 year old pro who recently won the regional, qualified as the 55th best in the world. How did he win? His team wasn't as strong as other top 50 players during online qualification, but when he could pick every player in the game at the regional. His opponent no longer had their p2w advantage, he ended up winning the whole tournament. At the top level, the pay to winners have a huge advantage, you're not getting into that top 50 without a sick stacked team.

semi finals and final he had a huge advantage duo playing only on xbox and no adapters for the ps4 players sry this title means nothing hes good yay but not that good
  • Retro_G
    Rucci wrote: »

semi finals and final he had a huge advantage duo playing only on xbox and no adapters for the ps4 players sry this title means nothing hes good yay but not that good

If teams didn't make a difference, EA would have the pro players using the teams that they qualified with, but we all know that's not the case. They let the pro players at regionals use the best players in the game, to make it more fair, but they allow team advantages during online qualification. Joke of an eSport.
  • wade_7_

If teams didn't make a difference, EA would have the pro players using the teams that they qualified with, but we all know that's not the case. They let the pro players at regionals use the best players in the game, to make it more fair, but they allow team advantages during online qualification. Joke of an eSport.

Obviously better teams and players will make a difference. And so they should.
    Maybe I'm missing the point but all this p2w business is nonsense. Buying the best team doesn't guarantee you anything
  • Retro_G

Maybe I'm missing the point but all this p2w business is nonsense. Buying the best team doesn't guarantee you anything

It guarantees you qualification for a regional, if you're at the top skill level. A scrub with a p2w team is still going to struggle, while a good player with a p2w team is going to win the majority of his games.
  • gia
    edited March 2018

that's not the point of p2w.
    the point is: spending money gives you an advantage.

it can't be that hard to understand, it's been posted here several times in different wording.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro

It increase your chance tho.

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team.

OFC having better players increase your chance of winning against someone who is equal to you.

Its pay2win, p2w does not mean you guaranteed the win.
    You lot are EA'd believing you improved that much lol, there is no skill in this game, anyone can beat anyone on fut, and having a stacked mega team and you play against someone who use a cheap team, you will be at disadventage, considerong the 2 players are just as good.

Dont choke on your pride guys :)
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Dragond81 wrote: »

It increase your chance tho.

Some of you lot are so proud, that you can not even admit, that you can not get the same results without your super stacked icon team.

OFC having better players increase your chance of winning against someone who is equal to you.

Its pay2win, p2w does not mean you guaranteed the win.
    You lot are EA'd believing you improved that much lol, there is no skill in this game, anyone can beat anyone on fut, and having a stacked mega team and you play against someone who use a cheap team, you will be at disadventage, considerong the 2 players are just as good.

Dont choke on your pride guys :)

So you think if you played 10 matches against a pro, with you both using identical non rare gold teams, you would both win 5 each?.. Or would the pro win more because he has more skill?
  • wade_7_
    edited March 2018
    [/quote]that's not the point of p2w.
    the point is: spending money gives you an advantage.

it can't be that hard to understand, it's been posted here several times in different wording.[/quote]

It's not hard to understand.
    It's also not hard to understand there are more ways than spending actual money to get a god squad.
    I don't see the issue with what other people do with their time/money.
    My 89rated team has been beaten countless times by an 82 or 83 rated team. Some may be due to connection, but the biggest percentage is because my opponents were quite obviously better than me

Basically this happens in every aspect of life, if you want something better, you work for it or pay for it..
  • p2w/god squads helps you to get a few wins more in WL.. games that you would've lost without them (autotackles, composureetc.) .. i got a almost full icon team and i sometimes smash other full icon teams 5:0, 6:0 but i lost some games against better players than me, with their squad being worth around 1M.. if you're a bad player even a p2w team can't help you.. the best players would even smash top 100 with a team worth 500k
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    p2w/god squads helps you to get a few wins more in WL.. games that you would've lost without them (autotackles, composureetc.) .. i got a almost full icon team and i sometimes smash other full icon teams 5:0, 6:0 but i lost some games against better players than me, with their squad being worth around 1M.. if you're a bad player even a p2w team can't help you.. the best players would even smash top 100 with a team worth 500k

pretty much, but ppl on here dont wanna accept that answer. They want to be told that they lost because their team is cheaper than their opponents, not because he was better