Who’s buying Fifa 19?

Comments

• Voltra_Nyon
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully pack weights are lower and trading for profit is made harder
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    I vowed to not give EA another penny until they sort out their shady practices.

Really struggling as BF2 looks amazing, I'm holding out well though!
  • Chubz
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone will....no one can resist brand new colors and card "templates"..having the EXACT same menus and stuff which just has different colors and logos...people been waiting months for this amazing work.
  • Chubz
    Also cannot wait for the EXACT same commentary they used for the last DECADE?
  • AaronMFC
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably will but in an ideal world i wont cave as fifa 18 is just awful. Stopped enjoying winning some games on 17 dont think iv enjoyed winning at all this year i know how little it comes down to skill.
  • Chubz
    Rutta wrote: »
    The OP and everyone who has responded to this thread will be buying FIFA 19

yup, same every year :) Say we will never ever buy...then we spent ages moaning we cannot get on the new web app :D
  • Phildeleg
    1166 posts Professional
    Not only will I buy it at midnight. I'll be pumping £2,000 blindly into a game I know hardly anything about
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    Won't even consider it until 2021 for FIFA 22 and even then I doubt it. To many other games are much more enjoyable - NBA2K, PES........ PONG
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Start playing career mode.

lol, imagine actually playing an offline mode.

Pro Clubs is the best bit of the game for me at the moment. Enjoying that quite a lot. Probably because I just play up front and don't have to defend at all.
  • Fab
    18146 posts World Class
    me
  • ICUP
    4224 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »
    me

• LoPo9
    939 posts Professional
    This year, I waited until now to buy it. Saved $40. I never buy FP anyway.

My biggest disappointment has always been player prices. Still sucks that good cards, especially Icons, cost so much. I want to play Ultimate Team to play with my favorite players not become a stock broker who goes blind trading and playing my way to a great player.
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero

Lower pack weights would make those items rarer, I think you mean higher.
  • ozcs_69
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa18 on release was the greatest football game I’ve ever played! Within 6 weeks it was by far the worse!. Why EA think making things worse will encourage people to spend money is puzzling?
    Spending money on something I enjoy has never worried me, I’m quite happy spending £200-£300 on packs and players if they work! Trouble is they don’t!!
    Can’t see 19 being any better to be honest and at this moment in time im out!!

To answer your question :

the demo that came after the Beta, was tested by Pros and selected members of the community, then the general and major players tried it out and they started whining and breaking doors and windows and EA nerfed it in one move
    so the same will probably repeat ...
  • Byrnzie28
    1795 posts Fans' Favourite
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Fifa18 on release was the greatest football game I’ve ever played! Within 6 weeks it was by far the worse!. Why EA think making things worse will encourage people to spend money is puzzling?
    Spending money on something I enjoy has never worried me, I’m quite happy spending £200-£300 on packs and players if they work! Trouble is they don’t!!
    Can’t see 19 being any better to be honest and at this moment in time im out!!

To answer your question :

the demo that came after the Beta, was tested by Pros and selected members of the community, then the general and major players tried it out and they started whining and breaking doors and windows and EA nerfed it in one move
    so the same will probably repeat ...

But, as I pointed out above:

‘On release, Goalkeepers couldn't save anything and defenders just stood still and didn't react at all. I'm not saying the defenders should all be completely A.I controlled, but they should at least do something. In real life it's not as if there's only one player on the pitch whilst the rest of them just stand still and do nothing.

There needs to be some balance.’

A game of football is a game of 11 players in a team, not just one player, so when your other defenders just stand still and don’t react, it’s completely unrealistic and impossible to play.

On release the game leant too far toward manual control, not to mention the fact that keepers were completely redundant.

Balance is what’s needed .
  • OZero
    5437 posts Big Money Move
    GK needs to be buffed but not the AI defense. Manual defense is fine. You just need to adapt. What EA should do is to make attack less effective, instead of taking further control away from players FFS. The game is already too much RNG BS luck elements AI assisted etc and that's why so many people are having a very poor gaming experience and decided to quit.

EA has **** it up.
  • RedKraut
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Reasons I wont be buying:

-Game is stressful.

-Community are an embarassment to mankind.

-EA have targeted traders to the point where it seems more like a tedious job in an effort to push us towards FP.

-Winter upgrades, if thats what you want to call them.

-No player feels unique ever since patch #1. There are simply 'haves and havenots'

-Pack-weight

The one and only reason I still play is because Im a competition junkie who spent over $1000 on this crap. Ive actually had pretty awesome pack luck too.

Will never put myself through this again.
  • MerkinSNAKES
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2018
    VagisilFC wrote: »

Lower pack weights would make those items rarer, I think you mean higher.

This above ^^^ is an emotion called "sarcasm" :wink:

It's what EA have done this year, patterns and patents trend year in, year out, next year it'll be " A 3 goal lead can be a dangerous one" and a new patent of dynamic difficulty......Google's your friend.

All easily viewable online.....find the recent article about EA's latest further dynamic difficulty patent that EA have just had administered most likely being implemented into the production of FIFA 19 as I write this.
  • Uksul
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The ones who say they wont buy fifa will preorder the game in the most deluxe version available on the first day
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Uksul wrote: »
    The ones who say they wont buy fifa will preorder the game in the most deluxe version available on the first day

If they’ve got any sense they won’t!

I pre-ordered the FIFA 18 icon edition. Biggest waste of money imo! R9 for 5 games (fooking wow EA - 5 whole games) and 20 weeks of packs full of contracts, discard players and if you’re lucky EA might give you a Hunter card once in a while.

£90 for all that ****! Take it from me, just buy the standard edition if you want the game.
  • Kove
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Everybody.

Video2xOther.bmp.png
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    Last wL i disgusted from this game.

I was winning 4-0 and lost 5-4 at the end..I posted a video with 2x crossbars into empty nets while gk was on the floor and defenders were way behind me,but my topic was deleted and i got a warning..

i wont buy any ea product anymore,because of gameplay.
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Day 1 because only Fifa got pro club mode. I am passionate and even bothered to make a very long post named fifa 19 pro club suggestions in pro club section hoping EA can use some of the ideas I suggested.

If you guys have any new inputs please go there to post some thanks.
  • Goldenbowles
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Beta wrote: »
    Day 1 because only Fifa got pro club mode. I am passionate and even bothered to make a very long post named fifa 19 pro club suggestions in pro club section hoping EA can use some of the ideas I suggested.

Judging by what you have said you must think EA actually give a SH/T !!! Haaaahaaaaahaaaaa
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2018
    Beta wrote: »

Judging by what you have said you must think EA actually give a SH/T !!! Haaaahaaaaahaaaaa

Even if they don't do anything at least I've done my part and feel happy about this.
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I still think people were loving the release version of 18 because you could just ping a ball up to your ST and score goals vs an AI that was totally unresponsive.

That and the fact as time went on you begin to get matched vs the more experienced players, as the 1st patch dropped it would have been just enough time for the game to filter more successful players into games against each other - it naturally wou!d feel more frustrating and AI assisted VS players that mark and contain, switch, mark and contain.

I'll play next year's fifa but I won't be spending much money to get the best p!ayers.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    I remember using David silva first week of Fifa he felt so good. Then after the patch he was terrible.
    I have the problem now where I try switch to a player and it don’t allow me. I find that the most annoying thing.
  • Griezmanifique
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont think i will buy it. Most games are so boring. I played 2 games today. First game i was up 5 0 in the first half, the opponent then just stopped playing and i wasted 10 minutes of my life because he was pausing playing at the back. The next game i was 1 0 down in the 1pth minute. The opponent switched to 5 at the back and just did everything to stress me out. Comeone guys its just division one, keep it chill. Half of the games are like that. All tryhards in division one, not to mension wl. there are so much more fun games. Fifa just f... you up!
  • Swagster123
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    dylanmx wrote: »
    I will buy it, but no fp

same
  • Hi ! I will sey stop for FIFA ...I spend over 3000 £ on this game and I don t see motivation to buy a game clone to FIFA 18... :) Just for UCL and CL neah better I stay with FIFA 18 ... Thanks EA for FIFA 18 not for 19 pff