If You're An Average Player, This Is All That Matters.

Gromit
4427 posts National Call-Up
Your opponents AI controlled keeper......

Last 2 games, opponent has an average team, no special cards , couple of good OP players. Camped in their half pretty much 75% of the game. Both their keepers made 12+ saves with the post hit at least twice and a few shots just wide. 17 to 19 shots total both game.

Final scores 1-1 and 0-0.

I know "git gud" "learn to finish" but its like watching A David De Gea highlight reel every game.

The AI keeper is IMO the biggest factor.

Whats worse is the fact you put together a sweet passing move and they make these godly saves. Yet you scuff some rebound and it goes in.

Comments

• Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    IF you’re talking about Squad Battles then I don’t know what happened but I used to win every game on Pro level at least 5-0, and won most games on Legendary, always scoring at least 3, but now most games on both Pro and Legendary are finishing 1-0, or 2-1 for me.

I even lost two games on Pro the other day whilst winning the other two on Legendary.

Funny, because when I play the TOTW on Pro level I can win 14-0.
  • Gromit
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    IF you’re talking about Squad Battles then I don’t know what happened but I used to win every game on Pro level at least 5-0, and won most games on Legendary, always scoring at least 3, but now most games on both Pro and Legendary are finishing 1-0, or 2-1 for me.

I even lost two games on Pro the other day whilst winning the other two on Legendary.

Funny, because when I play the TOTW on Pro level I can win 14-0.

I'm talking about FUT in general from 16 to 18 (i suspect, i don't have 18 but presume nothing has changed)
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    SB levels (semi pro, legendary etc) are not the same as TOTW levels or DRAFT levels they just have the same names but they don't play the same way.

Also, they are not consistent in TOTW it is always consistent in DRAFT they warn you it can vary by 1 level but in SB the levels vary all the time I can destroy Legendary and then lose Pro it is ridiculous.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    It’s true. People can say “ it happens in real life” but that’s a cop out. I believe if I leave hue holes and concede 17 shots I should concede a ton of goals.

It’s not just the scuffed shot. It’s the way the game seems to penalize simple things and reward drama. At times longshots are more effective than creating chances at the top of the six yd box. The last ditch clearance often turns into the perfect pass but a 5 yd ball is either misplayed or the receiver lunges to receive killing momentum.

It just feel like a game that dies too much to force action when 2 players should really dictate the type of game they play

It’s the least user involved version to date for me
  • Phildeleg
    1166 posts Professional
    Xtc wrote: »
    It’s true. People can say “ it happens in real life” but that’s a cop out. I believe if I leave hue holes and concede 17 shots I should concede a ton of goals.

It’s not just the scuffed shot. It’s the way the game seems to penalize simple things and reward drama. At times longshots are more effective than creating chances at the top of the six yd box. The last ditch clearance often turns into the perfect pass but a 5 yd ball is either misplayed or the receiver lunges to receive killing momentum.

It just feel like a game that dies too much to force action when 2 players should really dictate the type of game they play

It’s the least user involved version to date for me

This is so true..
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    nothing absolutely nothing that happens in FUT happens in real life the whole game is an FP selling series of fabrications