Arsenal Football Club

Comments

  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    What will it actually take for them to get rid of Wenger that’s the question

    Actually think we need a whole new back line keeper and dm in the summer
  • Ahmer50x
    19213 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    What will it actually take for them to get rid of Wenger that’s the question

    Actually think we need a whole new back line keeper and dm in the summer

    I can't imagine he survives this year unless he somehow wins Europa.
  • Kellnerr
    2738 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    What will it actually take for them to get rid of Wenger that’s the question

    Actually think we need a whole new back line keeper and dm in the summer

    I can't imagine he survives this year unless he somehow wins Europa.

    would be funny if they did though, and keep him another season :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    19213 posts World Class
    Honestly, the way the season is going and the atmosphere at the club, Wenger ought to just announce he's stepping down at the end of the season.

    That way, the negativity can cease and he can atleast get a decent farewell.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Players I’d sell in the summer;

    Iwobi
    Xhaka
    Mustafi
    Welbeck
    Ospina
    Chambers
    Holding
    Lucas Perez
    Campbell

    Apparently Ramsey might be off as well.
    We need at least 7-8 players in the summer.
  • Retro_G
    29830 posts National Team Captain
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Players I’d sell in the summer;

    Iwobi
    Xhaka
    Mustafi
    Welbeck
    Ospina
    Chambers
    Holding
    Lucas Perez
    Campbell

    Apparently Ramsey might be off as well.
    We need at least 7-8 players in the summer.

    The rebuilding process is the worst, could be ten years before you become a relevant club again, that's if it even happens. You could be another Liverpool. I can't see you attracting an elite manager, it's an even bigger job than what José has at the moment.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Get rid - Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Cazorla (sorry), Xhaka, Welbeck, Perez, Asano, Campbell, Akpom, JRA

    Maybes - Kolasinac, Iwobi

    Keep - Martinez, Holding, Monreal, Maitland Niles, Mkhitaryan, Wilshere, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bramell, Willock, Mavropanos, Nketiah
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Players I’d sell in the summer;

    Iwobi
    Xhaka
    Mustafi
    Welbeck
    Ospina
    Chambers
    Holding
    Lucas Perez
    Campbell

    Apparently Ramsey might be off as well.
    We need at least 7-8 players in the summer.

    The rebuilding process is the worst, could be ten years before you become a relevant club again, that's if it even happens. You could be another Liverpool. I can't see you attracting an elite manager, it's an even bigger job than what José has at the moment.

    Think we could still easily attract most managers tbh, any of the prem top 6 can. If the board don’t change the spending patterns then I can’t see us competing for anything.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Get rid - Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Cazorla (sorry), Xhaka, Welbeck, Perez, Asano, Campbell, Akpom, JRA

    Maybes - Kolasinac, Iwobi

    Keep - Martinez, Holding, Monreal, Maitland Niles, Mkhitaryan, Wilshere, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bramell, Willock, Mavropanos, Nketiah

    Koscielny makes no sense, as he is still our best cb and would have almost no sell on value. Don’t understand why you’d sell Reine-Adelaide either? He’s had some decent cameo performances in Ligue 1 so far and looks a lot more talented than Iwobi, who is useless.
  • Flapjack
    6966 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Get rid - Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Cazorla (sorry), Xhaka, Welbeck, Perez, Asano, Campbell, Akpom, JRA

    Maybes - Kolasinac, Iwobi

    Keep - Martinez, Holding, Monreal, Maitland Niles, Mkhitaryan, Wilshere, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bramell, Willock, Mavropanos, Nketiah

    Never works out like this irl tho does it? Cant be selling that many first team players in one window.

    And fwiw, a lot of those players listed for sale aren't so bad. It's just Wenger. Case in point The Ox. Get a new guy in who can motivate them and you'd be surprised.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    Get rid - Cech, Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Cazorla (sorry), Xhaka, Welbeck, Perez, Asano, Campbell, Akpom, JRA

    Maybes - Kolasinac, Iwobi

    Keep - Martinez, Holding, Monreal, Maitland Niles, Mkhitaryan, Wilshere, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Nelson, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bramell, Willock, Mavropanos, Nketiah

    Surely youre having a laugh about Kola. He’ll be captain potential along with Wilshere and is a fan favourite too
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Players I’d sell in the summer;

    Iwobi
    Xhaka
    Mustafi
    Welbeck
    Ospina
    Chambers
    Holding
    Lucas Perez
    Campbell

    Apparently Ramsey might be off as well.
    We need at least 7-8 players in the summer.

    The rebuilding process is the worst, could be ten years before you become a relevant club again, that's if it even happens. You could be another Liverpool. I can't see you attracting an elite manager, it's an even bigger job than what José has at the moment.

    Arsenal will be a very attractive proposition for a manager. It’ll be similar to city with pep I can see arsenal giving manager the freedom to rip apart the team sell players and bring in ones the manager wants just to get them back into the top 4. Stanny K will realise after a second consecutive season missing out on CL football that they’ll need to invest in order to get back into the CL windfall.

    There’s plenty of good managers arsenal can target.

    The hoffenhein coach , Rodgers , don carlo , Eddie Howe , bielsa.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Kolasinac like a lot of players, started well and dropped off. So it’s difficult to judge him but he has looked suspect since he got injured and that was mid-November iirc.

    I’m sure half the players we want to leave would thrive in other systems.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Yea true about players thriving in other systems, we do have a lot of dead wood that are taking up a lot of wages though, I guess Koscielny would be okay with a better partner, we really need to focus on 4 positions in the summer in this order, CB, CDM, RB, GK, problem is I really don’t think Wenger cares about defending that much and just avoids sorting out those problems that’s why we need a new manager.

    If next season we still starting with Mustafi and Bellerin with Cech in goal forget about challenging for top 4 from the get go
  • BLUESBOY345
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cech needs to leave I actually despise him.

    Bellerin can still use age as a defense I won’t get on his case yet.

    Mustafi and Koscielny are too alike was never gonna work partnering them. Even then no matter whether we’re home or away we never have defensive cover. Always using a high line and exposed.

    Seeing as the season is done wouldn’t mInd seeing our Greek boy given a few games in the PL
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    This mantra of "not being able to attract world-class managers" is a myth.

    Of course things like missing out on the Champions League will make things more difficult but the money and spotlight on the PL today is so great that the Top 6 clubs can attract almost anyone - the exceptions being any manager who's currently with another top European side and doing well.

    From what I've seen it looks like it'll be Ancelotti but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Arsenal got someone like Allegri or Löw.
  • Sellish
    9418 posts League Winner
    United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will always be attractive for a top manager. Just the history itself. The idea of building something great in a club like that is great for any manager.
    And it's the prem.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I’d pick Jardim over anyone else tbh, has shown he doesn’t require the ridiculous spending to compete. But then again someone like Ancelotti or Allegri could bully the board into spending.
  • Flapjack
    6966 posts Big Money Move
    They were actually blaming Alexis for a toxic dressing room when he was the only player with some fight in him in that team. :D

    Henrikh 'suits Arsenal's style of play better' Mkhitaryan has somehow managed to look worse with them as well.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    The safe bet is Carlo, he may not be the long term dream but he's still among the best imo and a job like Arsenal would be a good oppertunity. At the very least you'll identify which players suffered from bad management and which ones are just bad.
    G000ner wrote: »
    I have never seen old yeller but I imagine this is like the story if nobody has the balls to put the dog down...

    G000ner wrote: »
    Ramsey was very good, though. Won't be long before he's off to one of our rivals. Can definitely see him at Liverpool.

    Don't think he has the discipline, the guy often completely forgets that he's supposed to be a midfielder leaving the likes of Xhaka horribly exposed and overrun.

    Then again Klopp is doing a decent job of repairing Ox so who knows.

    Discipline can be teached. He runs around a lot so would help with the pressing game as well.

    I think a lot of people forget how good Ox was in his last 6 or so months with us. He didn't really need to be repaired. Consistency was always the issue, so we won't know how much he's improved until he performs over a longer period of time

    Maybe so and some of his issues still exist but you can't deny that he hasn't rapidly come a long way with Klopp and that Wenger wasn't using him correctly. Just had a motm peformance to.

    Come to think of it, I think Ramsey could be good at Liverpool, if the latest leaks are true he is aparantly another one who has had enough of Arsenal's coaching.
    Sellish wrote: »
    United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will always be attractive for a top manager. Just the history itself. The idea of building something great in a club like that is great for any manager.
    And it's the prem.

    True.

    I hate how people are using the term "big club" and saying how a team is no longer one after a run of bad form. A big club is one with history and a worldwide fanbase. That doesn't go away with a few bad seasons.


  • Rhodesia
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Flapjack wrote: »
    They were actually blaming Alexis for a toxic dressing room when he was the only player with some fight in him in that team. :D

    Bellerin literally said in his Oxford Union talk that players fell out with him "because he demands too much", "he wants to win 100%".

    Elite loser mentality from this squad.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Lmao bellerin angry with Wenger for being dropped.

    What does he expect when you’re playing dreadful,
    at some point he was going to be dropped unless he improved.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    I’d pick Jardim over anyone else tbh, has shown he doesn’t require the ridiculous spending to compete. But then again someone like Ancelotti or Allegri could bully the board into spending.

    I agree with Jardim. He’s only 43 so could be there for s long time. Played brilliant football with Monaco and picked up some gems like lemar , Mendy and bakayoko back when he was good. Mbappe he had playing brilliant and even got falcao back to his best last season.

    Ancelloti would be good but would just be a short term fix to a long term problem.







  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Lmao bellerin angry with Wenger for being dropped.

    What does he expect when you’re playing dreadful,
    at some point he was going to be dropped unless he improved.

    I’m not even sure he was dropped either, probably rested for the champions league game. He should’ve been dropped for AMN a long time ago.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Gervonta wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    I’d pick Jardim over anyone else tbh, has shown he doesn’t require the ridiculous spending to compete. But then again someone like Ancelotti or Allegri could bully the board into spending.

    I agree with Jardim. He’s only 43 so could be there for s long time. Played brilliant football with Monaco and picked up some gems like lemar , Mendy and bakayoko back when he was good. Mbappe he had playing brilliant and even got falcao back to his best last season.

    Ancelloti would be good but would just be a short term fix to a long term problem.

    Yeah, plus Jardim has had success with the 442, which could get the best out of Aubameyang and Lacazette.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    I’d pick Jardim over anyone else tbh, has shown he doesn’t require the ridiculous spending to compete. But then again someone like Ancelotti or Allegri could bully the board into spending.

    I agree with Jardim. He’s only 43 so could be there for s long time. Played brilliant football with Monaco and picked up some gems like lemar , Mendy and bakayoko back when he was good. Mbappe he had playing brilliant and even got falcao back to his best last season.

    Ancelloti would be good but would just be a short term fix to a long term problem.

    Yeah, plus Jardim has had success with the 442, which could get the best out of Aubameyang and Lacazette.

    Would be difficult to play that formation and fit Ozil into the team.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    I’d pick Jardim over anyone else tbh, has shown he doesn’t require the ridiculous spending to compete. But then again someone like Ancelotti or Allegri could bully the board into spending.

    I agree with Jardim. He’s only 43 so could be there for s long time. Played brilliant football with Monaco and picked up some gems like lemar , Mendy and bakayoko back when he was good. Mbappe he had playing brilliant and even got falcao back to his best last season.

    Ancelloti would be good but would just be a short term fix to a long term problem.

    Yeah, plus Jardim has had success with the 442, which could get the best out of Aubameyang and Lacazette.

    Would be difficult to play that formation and fit Ozil into the team.

    Made it work with Bernardo Silva, so it’s not completely out of the question. Although I do think he’d be wasted at rm.
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    Letting fans vote, what could go wrong
Sign In or Register to comment.