The Casuals have left

StewParty
4069 posts National Call-Up
Its now just a bunch of hardcore FIFA players who have been playing for years and have racked up 500 games and load up their mom’s credit card

Comments

• L1vingl1fe
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    500 games isn’t that many
  • Cannonballs
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    you sound like a little kid yourself ...throwing a tantrum over a computer game !!
  • Shane
    24095 posts Player of the Year
    Then stop playing
  • Libguy
    5315 posts Big Money Move
    Uh, it's my dad's credit card I will have you know.
  • limjitwe
    7825 posts League Winner
    He doesn’t have access to mom credit card
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    StewParty wrote: »
    Its now just a bunch of hardcore FIFA players who have been playing for years and have racked up 500 games and load up their mom’s credit card

Salty
  • Kove
    4346 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Ya mum
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pffttt I racked up 500 in the first month lad
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Closing in on 2,000 games here... didn't spend a dime on MY credit card or anyone else's... easy this year to have a god squad.

ps. Just beat some poor soul in DKT semis that had Pele, Ronaldinho, OTW Neymar and brought Maradona in.... god squads don't matter if you can't control them.
  • nj10
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Closing in on 2,000 games here... didn't spend a dime on MY credit card or anyone else's... easy this year to have a god squad.

ps. Just beat some poor soul in DKT semis that had Pele, Ronaldinho, OTW Neymar and brought Maradona in.... god squads don't matter if you can't control them.

Still though, must be fun having those players?
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    Nope.. They just have lower ELO tank and you are not playing them.. There are millions of casuals
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    God squads mean nothing.

In fact, the better the side I'm playing against the happier I am because it means variety. Also potentially means they're an average player that was carried to that level by their prime henry, dinho, maradona etc. Dodgy players get very rash when they're being outplayed, which turns a 2-0 game in to a 6-0 rage quit.

When I see Jesus, Sane, Martial and co, that's when I know I'm in trouble.
  • youngevans
    59 posts Park Captain
    you sound like a little kid yourself ...throwing a tantrum over a computer game !!

Exactly
  • CharlieC
    7376 posts Big Money Move
    God squads mean nothing.

In fact, the better the side I'm playing against the happier I am because it means variety. Also potentially means they're an average player that was carried to that level by their prime henry, dinho, maradona etc. Dodgy players get very rash when they're being outplayed, which turns a 2-0 game in to a 6-0 rage quit.

Yes, exactly!
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    BL86 wrote: »

you people are just proofing his point.

You think 500 games ain't many, or 2000 is normal. Those are hours upon hours of playing.
    Of course it's easy to have a good team if you play 2000 games...
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've played around 350 due to limited time. Mummy's credit card has stayed firmly in her purse and I've got a decent side with CR7, OTW Mbappe, prime overmars, prime petit, TOTY Bonucci etc.

Wouldn't say it's easy, but it's a hell of a lot easier to make coins this year.
  • CharlieC
    I'm very casual. I play probably 4/5 games a day and then weekend league.
  • Shane
    24095 posts Player of the Year
    gia wrote: »
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    BL86 wrote: »

you people are just proofing his point.

You think 500 games ain't many, or 2000 is normal. Those are hours upon hours of playing.
    Of course it's easy to have a good team if you play 2000 games...

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but people can do what they want with their time. If he has such a big issue with coming up against good players/expensive teams, he should probably stop playing
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    I would argue the exact opposite and say hardcore players have left and only the casuals remain. The gameplay is so bad this year that experienced players have given up on it and have either left already or will quit when 19 arrives like I will.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm still playing
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    CharlieC wrote: »

I play 4/5 games a week and no WL at all. What that makes me, a N00b? :smiley:
  • CharlieC
    mHazard wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »

I play 4/5 games a week and no WL at all. What that makes me, a N00b? :smiley:

That's not casual, that's horizontal! :lol:
  • ICUP
    4288 posts National Call-Up
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    StewParty wrote: »

Salty

• Corwin
    49 posts Park Captain
    Bump. I play WL and maybe 10 matches during whole week :P I don't feel like pro - I am casual that just wanna try to take a part in comeptition against good players - Tbh there is less kids in WL than in Seasons - most ppl try to win their game, and right now I got more messeges with nice feedback no matter if I win or loose, than with stupid agressive kids - In easons it was opposite :)
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Corwin wrote: »
    Bump. I play WL and maybe 10 matches during whole week :P I don't feel like pro - I am casual that just wanna try to take a part in comeptition against good players - Tbh there is less kids in WL than in Seasons - most ppl try to win their game, and right now I got more messeges with nice feedback no matter if I win or loose, than with stupid agressive kids - In easons it was opposite :)
    50 games per week equals 20 hours - pretty hardcore if you ask me :)

not judging at all btw.
    Just second OPs feeling that EA made the game annoying for casuals.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up

not judging at all btw.

It's not really that hardcore honestly. I get home from work around 5pm - grab some dinner and about 6pm I'll fire up the box and play my four squad battles games. Takes just over an hour so I am done by about 7:15pm or so. If I am feeling a little crazy I'll maybe pop into DKT for a game or two and then call it a night by 8pm to do something else. If extremely bored I can keep playing but don't need to. That's about two hours on a weeknight and I don't get the shakes if I miss it on a night.

On the weekend I'll wake up and knock out three or four games of squad battles while sipping the morning beverage (soda for me but coffee for others) - and then play later in the evening if I have time. Sunday I don't need to play - as usually have Elite 2 sealed up by mid Saturday.

As for Weekend League I've played a full weekend league maybe 5 or 6 times this year - I am in Seattle so some of the winter weekends there is literally nothing else to do because it's pouring rain and 35-40 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside...

I think where hardcore comes into play is if you have alternatives you SHOULD be doing but you put the game above all else. If you are getting your games in without impacting your normal life - than not very hardcore really - just something to occupy time similar to people that watch TV or play around on the internet.

• Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    God squads mean nothing.

Lol pretty much sums up fifa 18 I really don’t mind coming up against the top teams it’s when u see the midfield 3 Baka Kante and matuidi with the usual pause at start front 3 of alesandreni martial and mbappe u just know the type of game it’s gonna be

• bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move

not judging at all btw.

It's not really that hardcore honestly. I get home from work around 5pm - grab some dinner and about 6pm I'll fire up the box and play my four squad battles games. Takes just over an hour so I am done by about 7:15pm or so. If I am feeling a little crazy I'll maybe pop into DKT for a game or two and then call it a night by 8pm to do something else. If extremely bored I can keep playing but don't need to. That's about two hours on a weeknight and I don't get the shakes if I miss it on a night.

On the weekend I'll wake up and knock out three or four games of squad battles while sipping the morning beverage (soda for me but coffee for others) - and then play later in the evening if I have time. Sunday I don't need to play - as usually have Elite 2 sealed up by mid Saturday.

As for Weekend League I've played a full weekend league maybe 5 or 6 times this year - I am in Seattle so some of the winter weekends there is literally nothing else to do because it's pouring rain and 35-40 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside...

I think where hardcore comes into play is if you have alternatives you SHOULD be doing but you put the game above all else. If you are getting your games in without impacting your normal life - than not very hardcore really - just something to occupy time similar to people that watch TV or play around on the internet.

you should stop drinking soda , it's bad for your health , try water instead
  • MyAccount
    1383 posts Professional
    There are actually people who think 20 hours/wk and having thousands of games played already is "casual"? Damn. Maybe that's just the norm now, but there's no way I could (or would want to) fit that much Fifa into my weekly schedule without compromising other areas of my life.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

I rather lose with my insane squad than win with bang average players.