Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• ViVaWhom
    8253 posts League Winner
    :lol:
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    This is definitely Wenger’s final season even he himself has got to see he’s not going to end it with a title win like Fergie he should leave now before his entire already tarnished legacy becomes even more tainted.

• G000ner
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    I mean, City are just better, aren't they. It's 1st against 6th, and it's evident. Playing much better than they did in the cup final
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Haven’t even played badly, oh well
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Haven’t even played badly, oh well

You haven’t played good either. Couple good passes strung together that’s about it. Half the team don’t want to even be out there Sane danced past what was it ? 4 ? Arsenal players if they weren’t there one should of just gone through him stop the move then maybe that goal wouldn’t of come about.

Like the pundits have pointed out week in week out this arsenal team lacks spine. The recruitment has been poor for far to long now you’re being exposed this season because people have strengthened key areas yet you’re still starting the likes of Danny Welbeck.
  • ViVaWhom
    8253 posts League Winner
    played well... lol still havent fought, put a tackle in... if this match was gonna be about showing what you are made of, you sure as hell shown that
  • G000ner
    Difference is our defensive organisation is awful (as it usually is) and City are much more effective in the final third. Seem to score from every meaningful attack. The possession was even and we had more shots, but still weren't able to score. It's just a difference in quality, can't blame us for rolling over this game.
  • G000ner
    Can't even score pens. I cba
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »

Just frustrating as we haven’t played badly at all, I don’t care what any plebs in here say
  • G000ner

Just frustrating as we haven’t played badly at all, I don’t care what any plebs in here say

Yep. Could've been a different story if we'd been able to take any of our chances. These are the sort of games we can't afford to miss. Performance is more important anyway because the league doesn't matter anymore.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    You were dreadful

Surely the end for Wenger
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    You were dreadful

Surely the end for Wenger

Hardly dreadful. We were dreadful in the cup final, tonight we played some good football and created three or four good chances, our 2 big attackers let us down.
  • Kman
    2946 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they let you down so did your midfield and defence...so basically the team...
  • G000ner
    After 60 mins we were dreadful, but it really wasn't surprising given the circumstances. We spurn several chances as we watch City score every chance they get. Then we get a penalty to give us a chance to back into the game, and couldn't even score that. All hope was lost at that point. I don't care anymore, though. Wish we could just skip the league games and finish in 6th.
  • Sellish
    9421 posts League Winner
    Do you think you will get past Milan?

They have been pretty great this year.
  • G000ner
    Ramsey was very good, though. Won't be long before he's off to one of our rivals. Can definitely see him at Liverpool.
  • SDoofus
    5786 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    Really thought Arsenal would yet again rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and produce their usual winning run to challenge for top 4, but for the first time in a very long time, Arsenal don’t bother me.

Last season they pushed us to the last day.
  • G000ner
    edited March 2018
    Sellish wrote: »
    Do you think you will get past Milan?

They have been pretty great this year.

Will be a close tie. Probably decided on defensive mistakes from us. Their attack doesn't really frighten me. Breaking down their defence could be the issue.
  • G000ner
    Anyone else trying for tickets for the Milan home fixture tomorrow? Not sure if I'll have any luck. Haven't been to a European game in ages
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Anyone else trying for tickets for the Milan home fixture tomorrow? Not sure if I'll have any luck. Haven't been to a European game in ages

I might but they’ll be difficult to get
  • G000ner

I might but they’ll be difficult to get

Yeah, I'm hoping our recent showings will put people off, but it's a big fixture so I'm not too hopeful
  • SDoofus
    5786 posts Big Money Move
    6th vs 7th.

Big fixture. Lol.
  • G000ner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    6th vs 7th.

Big fixture. Lol.

it's the more important game of our season so far
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I have never seen old yeller but I imagine this is like the story if nobody has the balls to put the dog down...

Ramsey was very good, though. Won't be long before he's off to one of our rivals. Can definitely see him at Liverpool.

Don't think he has the discipline, the guy often completely forgets that he's supposed to be a midfielder leaving the likes of Xhaka horribly exposed and overrun.

Then again Klopp is doing a decent job of repairing Ox so who knows.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    SDoofus wrote: »
    6th vs 7th.

Big fixture. Lol.

Well they are still two of the biggest clubs in the world with a ton of prestige, a few bad years doesnt change that.

I'm really looking forward to it. The europa is looking great this year.
  • G000ner
    edited March 2018
    I have never seen old yeller but I imagine this is like the story if nobody has the balls to put the dog down...

Don't think he has the discipline, the guy often completely forgets that he's supposed to be a midfielder leaving the likes of Xhaka horribly exposed and overrun.

Then again Klopp is doing a decent job of repairing Ox so who knows.

Discipline can be teached. He runs around a lot so would help with the pressing game as well.

I think a lot of people forget how good Ox was in his last 6 or so months with us. He didn't really need to be repaired. Consistency was always the issue, so we won't know how much he's improved until he performs over a longer period of time

• Kellnerr
    2738 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd love to see Ramsey play for Liverpool - can't see it happening unless we sell like 2 more players in that position though.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I wonder what team we’ll play at the weekend. We have to play 433 imo, as Mkhi is our only winger. I’d drop Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin but it seems they’ll never be dropped.
  • Ashy
    9908 posts League Winner
    There is no other RB to challenge Bellerin unfortunately so no matter his performances he won’t be dropped, other CB’s are Mert, Chambers and Holding and I don’t have faith in any of them as bad as Mustafi is. Xhaka needs to be dropped ASAP though, Elneny, Wilshere, Ramsey midfield 3
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    Bellerín wants “a new challenge” and Juve are offering £45M :lol: