Arcade or Realistic

Saviro
236 posts Sunday League Hero
In all honesty what do you guys prefer , a fast paced arcade gameplay or a slow tempo realistic gameplay ?

Comments

• Mr_Dudes_x
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Arcade like Fifa 13
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fast paced gameplay is the best imo
  • SILVERLIGHT
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FUT12 13 is the best
  • whatthehizzo
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mr_Dudes_x wrote: »
    Arcade like Fifa 13

Right there with you
  • CharlieC
    7419 posts League Winner
    I’d prefer it to be more like Man City v Liverpool than West Brom v Burnley.
  • VagisilFC
    1478 posts Play-Off Hero
    Realistic sim. I have only bought FIFA twice during the arcade era.

Also you can still have a fast sim, it just needs equity
  • YumYum
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FUT12 13 is the best

This ➕ nilmar and wallyson

• GeorgeGervin
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why not both as options? As most sports titles have had both as an option for the last decade in their settings. It’s only recent iterations of games that hasn’t had arcade or simulation as an option.
  • Saviro
    edited March 2018
    Why not both as options? As most sports titles have had both as an option for the last decade in their settings. It’s only recent iterations of games that hasn’t had arcade or simulation as an option.

This is the answer I wanted . I personally prefer to play a simulation of real football , it doesn't have to be insanely boring and slow but with realistic player movements , animations, ball physics , pass speed , pass error , etc . I was actually addicted to FIFA and FUT back in the day , but now I just can't stand this arcade gameplay , it looks like a mix of FIFA Street (which I also loved) and ping pong . I definitely think the game should be for all audiences and have both an arcade and a simulation feature .
  • JorisDB
    1385 posts Professional
    FUT12 13 is the best

If only we could go back :(
  • pekkaa88
    6917 posts Big Money Move
    FUT12 13 is the best

yeah.. LB+Y with CB and Nilmar was 1on1 with the keeper.. Nowdays we have to dribble or make like 4 ground passes before being 1on1 with the keeper.. takes way too long
  • pekkaa88
    6917 posts Big Money Move
    Realistically FIFA will always be arcade with 4 minute halves.. If the matches were 90 minutes long, then they could possibly make this a simulation
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    Not that fussed what the game speed as long as it is the same every match. Instill get some games at light speed which is just comical and then the next is like career mode, nice and smooth. I only play offline btw
  • mindm4ster
    5250 posts Big Money Move
    Arcade like Fifa 13

worst FUT to date
  • joehuk
    4735 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Force everyone manual online = Sim
    Everyone using Assisted = Arcade

I still think if EA want a pure E Sports game, online needs AT LEAST force semi settings on passing/shooting this actually requires a bit of skill.

Far to much AI Assistant in this game to be classed as an Esport imo I highly doubt you'd see FPS Esports running aim assist -.-
  • tzinc
    3003 posts National Call-Up
    a realistic simulation can be fast and fun

what makes a game "gamey" is Dramatic Moments, Last Minute Goals, teams suddenly playing like crap and/or gods despite their level rating etc etc etc
  • Saviro
    edited March 2018
    joehuk wrote: »
    Force everyone manual online = Sim
    Everyone using Assisted = Arcade

I still think if EA want a pure E Sports game, online needs AT LEAST force semi settings on passing/shooting this actually requires a bit of skill.

Far to much AI Assistant in this game to be classed as an Esport imo I highly doubt you'd see FPS Esports running aim assist -.-

Oh yes please , there's literally no skill gap at all .. "Just pass the ball forward , luckily you will get a rebound and score" gameplay doesn't cut it for me . In my opinion the game has become way too arcade with the assisted settings and with the constant changes in attack , positioning ,etc , and the zero improvements on the defensive system .
  • joehuk
    4735 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Can you imagine League of legends having auto aim abilities in their tournaments?

that's pretty much what pass assistance is, I could aim away from my player and full power yet still have a perfect pass to my player, it's a joke.

I've ALWAYS used Semi shooting, I can't bring myself to aim using UP or DOWN lol - Maybe why I don't finish enough chances online :D

Semi passing offline - Way more creative
    Assisted passing online - or i'm at a massive disadvantage - sadly.
  • Saviro
    edited March 2018
    One of my biggest problem with FIFA is the unresponsive defensive system, it's shocking . I mean it's just way too easy to move the ball freely thru the huge gaps and open spaces. It's programmed this way so that it's easier to score many goals , but in reality if you're a decent player who knows how to virtually pass a ball without AI assistance then you would know how to create space for yourself and make your way into the goal . A game being more realistic doesn't mean it can't be fun to play , it's definitely more rewarding and challenging . There's people saying FIFA18 is a way too realistic game and it's not fun anymore , like what ??

• Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Realistically FIFA will always be arcade with 4 minute halves.. If the matches were 90 minutes long, then they could possibly make this a simulation
  • Saviro
    edited March 2018
    I wish FIFA could be more similar to PES in terms of gameplay ; animations , dribbling ,ball physics, realistic tempo , players actually walking/running/jogging and not ice skating as in FIFA, etc .. FIFA needs to fix and address some very serious issues with their badly programmed gameplay . It's always been a kids' game but this is unacceptable for people that prefer a more realistic experience . They don't even have to make it realistic , it's just a matter of actual physics . I simply don't understand , I'm pretty we all want to have the most realistic graphics , but when it comes to actual gameplay what ? In a couple of years FIFA will have insane graphics , yet with most ridiculous gameplay that is almost embarrassing .
    Post edited by Saviro on
  • Saviro
    Robotic animations vs Fluid realistic animations
    https://youtu.be/EodXY22riAM
  • ICUP
    4317 posts National Call-Up
    Fast paced gameplay is the best imo
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I’d prefer it to be more like Man City v Liverpool than West Brom v Burnley.

What these guys said, slow gameplay is just trash
  • Gromit
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    Arcade like Fifa 13

Yeah

Scoring from the centre circle with a bronze Baek Ji Hoon. Those were the days.