Daily Knockout... Mission Impossible for the common man??

Comments

• MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Vascs79 wrote: »
    True that I cannot spend the amount of playing hours teenagers can.

Been playing the game since 13, never had a hard time like this year in Tournaments. Seasons is a whole different story.

It's not like I'm complaining about the game being scripted, handicap, whatever....

Simply put, 8 out of 10 games in Daily Knockout my opponent is a better player. 5 out of 10, WAY WAY better.

Not easy to cope after 5000+ games in the franchise. Guess it's time to accept the obvious hahaha

Just keep trying m8, i am no youngster anymore to.

Winning the dkt is alot harder then WL, and alot of luck is involved to.

Have you ever played the WL before?, becuase i remember my 1st 2 weeks in the WL on 17, i was horrible, almost lost every match and qualifying took me all attempt and mostly won the last bloody tru lol,,
    but the thing about WL is , you get to play alot of different players, and you will improve, you will see ppl do things where you go like wtf , i didt even know that was possible or think about using that move/action/combination etc etc.

Just keep trying m8, once you in the WL and learned a few things from playing others, it will get easier, not saying you will hit elite or gold 1, but i think around 14/18 wins you should be able to manage after having adjusted to the player lvl you meet there.

But the dkt is alot of luck involved who you get matches with and what style he plays, connection etc.

Best thing to do is to keep/play calm, the times that i went behind 3-0 and thought f..k it i never gonna make it, and suddenly i come back to win the game.

Keep trying m8, you will get there and if not you not missing any quality matches in the WL and you can actually enjoy your weekends :p
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    Just keep trying i only ever really play dkt for the kits or rewards sometimes as always pre qualified but i know full well that there are tons of good players already qualified to who still play it so makes it harder for the casual .
    Try doing your attempts very late on maybe the good players would have already qualified and gave it a rest leaving you with others at a similar level .
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    Couple of points.

It's incredibly hard to define good this year, fifa 18 is extremely one dimensional. The skill gap is very low and it generally isn't who is the most skilled but who can exploit, use the ai to do most of the work or play the meta way.

The meta way being 4321 or similar, playing ptb counter attack etc... if you don't use these tactics you are already at a huge huge disadvantage. So don't take it as being bad at the game.

If you are like me and idolise players like Iniesta, then well, you are pretty much screwed - you can pretty much safely ignore all attributes except pace and strength.

I'd also stay well well away from the weekend league... Facing 95% the exact same bpl, ptb, counter attacking players who would literally s&%! on their mothers grave to get a win.

one of the best post I ve read this week.. thanks mate
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get gud
  • Tiriskin
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've noticed as well that SB does not help you to get better. AI on higher level yes it's difficult but AI is dumb in a certain way. I've stopped playing SB and my online record is slowly improving.
  • RandomLhama83
    10105 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    even if you are a good player, you may run into headaches in DKOs... For whatever reason, there is some very inconsistent gameplay in DKOs where the AI seems to just be on autopilot... Scoring own goals... and Post rips are common too... I use to think divisions was bad... until I went into DKOs... wow... its 10x worse. goodluck to whoever has to qualify in DKOs. it is pure torture playing in that mode.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Being a good player matters not.... the game will dictate if you win or lose....
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone who says if you can’t qualify, you would wot win anything in WL is chatting BS. My brother could never win the DKT but I win it for him and he gets 14 wins in WL. Not amazing, but still solid and worth good prizes.
  • ItsWideRight
    1005 posts Professional
    I don't play WL this version as i cba with it, but last year i would qualify every week as i never played enough games for gold 3 but the DKT was harder and more stressful than the WL itself as it's completely random.
  • RandomLhama83
    10105 posts Has That Special Something
    Liam W wrote: »
    Anyone who says if you can’t qualify, you would wot win anything in WL is chatting BS. My brother could never win the DKT but I win it for him and he gets 14 wins in WL. Not amazing, but still solid and worth good prizes.

weekend league gameplay is clean, connection quality is usually good. completelly the opposite to what DKO is. inconsistent gameplay, Delayed, randomized bs.
  • I've been in division 2 for 10 seasons straight now and I have never played weekend league because I can't win the DKT. Really frustrating!
  • chevano
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    1st try and won it but it was super lag, so absolutely horrible to play for me.
    I probably wont play much wl but i prefer that then seasons where i cant find anyone with good connection also when it gives 5 bars
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional

Last year I would struggle to qualify for WL due to how inconsistent each game's connect is, as I constantly get "4-5" bars to Central and South America. These games are always unplayable and laggy and I lose them 9 times out of 10. When I would get all my games matched with players in North America, I would qualify.

This is still my case this year, everytime I get matched up with a player from Mexico/Central/South America it's like playing SBs on Ultimate. They win every ball, they intercept everything, players dont move. I'm not sure if its just a lag thing on my end, but its incredibly frustrating.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »

Last year I would struggle to qualify for WL due to how inconsistent each game's connect is, as I constantly get "4-5" bars to Central and South America. These games are always unplayable and laggy and I lose them 9 times out of 10. When I would get all my games matched with players in North America, I would qualify.

This is still my case this year, everytime I get matched up with a player from Mexico/Central/South America it's like playing SBs on Ultimate. They win every ball, they intercept everything, players dont move. I'm not sure if its just a lag thing on my end, but its incredibly frustrating.

It’s lag - your players run on sand. It’s horrendous.
  • Andyrusski
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tried to qualify first time in January and got it 2nd attempt, then played WL to get enough wins for auto qualification (family and other stuff attributable to socially responsible person), but lacked during last week.

Since then i can barely get through first match. Gameplay is truly horrible, and though my Del Piero and Pirlo combined usually have more stats in passing category then whole opposition squad they can't connect more than 1 pass together while the other team would demonstrate skill that would make Barcelona in its prime to run away in shame.

So for me the truth is that a) auto-qualify via WL is way easier then via DKT, and anybody who says things along "you can't win DKT then you no good for WL" smells elitism and lacks any common sense, and b) if you spend even half the time you waste on WL and do trading than with 100% less stress you'd allow yourself players way better than any possible WL reward (that is also considering awful pack weights this year).
  • VARD67876
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The reducing pervious weekend wins to 11 has made it harder too, that a whole lower tier of player now not playing the DKO.....

I qualified on the first attempt earlier in 18 but weekend league sucks so didn't even bother playing it and played squad battles instead.

i've tried the last two weeks and it's wall to wall obviously already quailfied super teams in the 12 games i've played only two didn't have icons and 5 had red cards at least on the bench..

It's a death spiral on players playing weekend league as more and more will just not bother... why do you think they dropped it to 11 wins
  • This is feasible for an ordinary person, but you need luck.

I'm an ordinary person. Moe level: 4-5 online division. One month ago, when qualification was reduced to 7 wins in WL on the PC, I was able to win DKT. After that I played 3 times in WL - 10, 8 and 8 wins. I can not make a better result, it's very difficult.
  • Mr_Dudes_x
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I haven't qualified this year either. I qualified last year twice but this year it's so hard for some reason, even though I use a few icons and sbc hamsik, promes OTW tolisso etc in my teams.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1872 posts Play-Off Hero
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Being a good player matters not.... the game will dictate if you win or lose....

so true! from a regular WL gold1/2 player, this is spot on.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    Played this again last night. Got passed two teams with 4, and then 6 icons in, before getting knocked out by someone with 6 prime icons and 3 TOTY cards in their team. It's so dumb they haven't changed this when 11 WL wins is so easy.
  • Splayer23
    397 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In a nutshell fifa 18 is all about spamming low crosses and formation change every freaking game... dont matter if its just a regular season game they will still switch formation because thats how pathetic people are at the game... people be like whats skilling and coming up with good plays ? All i know is how to formation change and spam crosses XD lmao , ea might as well make everyone have 2* skills since theirs no skills involved in the game anymore
  • CharlieC
    7419 posts League Winner
    Once you’re in WL you should be able to auto qualify if you’re average. Like others have said, I find it a lot easier than DKT because winning 4 straight often requires a bit of luck unless you’re really decent.

• Robbert
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Since 3-4 weeks is harder due to 11 win auto-qualification and kits. Lots of Silve2-Gold2 players that previously were fighting for qualification now plays for fun without stress and this is making them play even better.
  • Adexemma001
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am having this problem as well. I am now a consistent div 2 player with a cheap team but just for the life of me can’t qualify in over 2 months now. The first time I qualified in Dec I hit gold 3 and then another gold 3 following weekend but not anymore. I finally gave up this week and just playing for fun now. Maybe start next Fifa early get a good team and compete better from there.
  • CharlieC
    7419 posts League Winner
    People shouldn’t be allowed to play in the DKT if they’ve already qualified for WL. I don’t bother, I just play seasons during the week.
  • CR7_Chem
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Daily knockout is impossible now, because all the people who couldn't reach gold can now auto qualify on 11 wins. These people don't need to play daily knock anymore, so all that remains are the people who will never be good enough to qualify and elite players looking for easy wins..
  • Djkhalid1921
    9708 posts League Winner
    59qxbi22ct2x.jpg
    cjid2z527ms2.jpg
  • Behnam_12
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    First time qualifying today. Never been this easy. Two ragequits after 10 min ingame, 3rd game 6-2, 4th game 5-2. I'm surprised.

Gonna get battered this weekend either way so i'm not really excited.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9708 posts League Winner
    59qxbi22ct2x.jpg
    cjid2z527ms2.jpg

He then messages me today telling me he qualified and thanks me. Ends up being a nice guy so I added him
  • Noo
    1084 posts Professional
    Vaaass wrote: »
    Vascs79 wrote: »
    Vaaass wrote: »
    but 90% of the time I get through daily KO first attempt so maybe you just lack a little quality

True. Wont argue with that. But what kind of weekly hours are you dedicating to the game?

More than i care to admit, BUT... 90% of what I play is mainly trading and kinda lingering around on the market preparing for the WL so in terms of actual gameplay, maybe 10-12 games before the WL, then 25. So probably 35-40 matches a week

You have a 100% win ratio in the WL? I'd say your better than "slightly above average". Good for you man. Ay tips?