STRIKER FOR WL?

kentftw
160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Got 21/40 (close finish!) in my first ever WL(! got fifa at beginning Feb) and used 370k to upgrade my main squad (bought Mahrez, Vidal, Tolisso, Boateng) and its so much better so far.

Rashford is great and good for chem but he wastes a lot of chances and am losing games because of it. Who should I work towards for this team? Or should I upgrade elsewhere?

Got my fingers crossed for an IF Diego Costa this week since I have a OTW and that could help upgrade this squad

Thanks in advance for any advice to a noob trying to hold his own against these ICON teams :blush: !

ZP5HYJ0.png

Comments

• EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Are you looking for someone quick or would you play with a slower forward like Lukaku for example? The Tolisso being there reduces options a little if you want full chem.

Congrats on 21/40 though - it's a good feeling :)
  • kentftw
    Cr7

Don't know if I will ever be able to afford him :lol:
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Are you looking for someone quick or would you play with a slower forward like Lukaku for example? The Tolisso being there reduces options a little if you want full chem.

Congrats on 21/40 though - it's a good feeling :)

Thanks! I don't mind on striker type since I am so early in the game that I don't mind trying new players, or am particularly set on what type of striker I want, though Costa is slightly slow.
    It is more that I don't want to waste EA Tax on players that won't perform in Weekend League, since I am already playing catch up after starting late. Is Lukaku much of an upgrade on Rashford with Jesus on at halftime or should I save for something more. Can move players around and change players to get better chem
  • Greg056
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SIF Wilson has been amazing for me so far. Definately worth trying out for his price (90k atm).
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Greg056 wrote: »
    SIF Wilson has been amazing for me so far. Definately worth trying out for his price (90k atm).

This
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Or NIF Jesus. Cheap and very effective.
  • kentftw
    Greg056 wrote: »
    Socalj11 wrote: »
    This
    This is the only team I can think of to get Wilson on full chem without changing too much - is ALLI a good enough fit for CM in this team? Herrera was great for me

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4009797
    Wilson looks fantastic, will save up for him! What Chem Style do you put on him? Doesn't look like needs much pace
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Or NIF Jesus. Cheap and very effective.
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4010018

Is this the best way to get 81 Jesus on full chem? Would have to buy 82 Fernandinho and 83 Walker as if I were to save the coins for the upgraded version I may as well just go get 83 Jesus (is there much of a difference between his 81)

SIF Wilson Alli Walker
    Jesus Fernandinho Walker
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2708 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really really hate to create another side with this man up front, but you can't go wrong with Gabriel Jesus. Bangs in goals for fun and is just as OP as Martial.
  • kentftw
    I really really hate to create another side with this man up front, but you can't go wrong with Gabriel Jesus. Bangs in goals for fun and is just as OP as Martial.

Oh dear :dizzy: I've got him on my bench and bring him on for Rashford at half-time since Rash gets full chem.
    Only way to get him full chem is above but would have to buy fernandinho and walker which I might do if Rewards go well this week since only 3k ATM. Is his Upgraded version noticeably better for how expensive it is? Same q with Martial upgraded?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2708 posts Fans' Favourite
    For now, I'd stick with the pre upgraded versions. The upgrade is minimal and their prices will drop soon enough as more and more are packed.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    kentftw wrote: »

Oh dear :dizzy: I've got him on my bench and bring him on for Rashford at half-time since Rash gets full chem.
    Only way to get him full chem is above but would have to buy fernandinho and walker which I might do if Rewards go well this week since only 3k ATM. Is his Upgraded version noticeably better for how expensive it is? Same q with Martial upgraded?

I’ve had both his NIF and his IF and there’s not much in it. Maybe slightly better finishing but not really noticeable.
  • Fredo
    3507 posts National Call-Up
    quit playing WL is the best advice I can give.
  • kentftw
    Fredo wrote: »

A few people have said that but as someone who is new to the game and has only played one Weekend League it seems the only way for me to get good packs to catch up since I won't be putting money in

Squad Battles also seems a good way to do this
  • kentftw
    For now, I'd stick with the pre upgraded versions. The upgrade is minimal and their prices will drop soon enough as more and more are packed.
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I’ve had both his NIF and his IF and there’s not much in it. Maybe slightly better finishing but not really noticeable.

Cheers guys! will stick with NIFs until can afford SIF Wilson I think
  • Mr_Dudes_x
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If you can fit 84 Werner in then use him, he's incredible and cheap around 40k
  • Fishing_Monkey63
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mertens and jesus
  • Nessy
    2304 posts Fans' Favourite
    MOTM Werner is incredible
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got 21/40 (close finish!) in my first ever WL(! got fifa at beginning Feb) and used 370k to upgrade my main squad (bought Mahrez, Vidal, Tolisso, Boateng) and its so much better so far.

Rashford is great and good for chem but he wastes a lot of chances and am losing games because of it. Who should I work towards for this team? Or should I upgrade elsewhere?

Got my fingers crossed for an IF Diego Costa this week since I have a OTW and that could help upgrade this squad

Thanks in advance for any advice to a noob trying to hold his own against these ICON teams :blush: !

ZP5HYJ0.png

96 harry kane or any aguero
  • Gligor
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    IF Zaha strong good best
  • LiamSully
    6967 posts Big Money Move
    Alaba at LB
    Sterling/Willian RW (best you can afford)
    Aguero/Jesus/Wilson/someone else ST (with what’s left)
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Fredo wrote: »

A few people have said that but as someone who is new to the game and has only played one Weekend League it seems the only way for me to get good packs to catch up since I won't be putting money in

Squad Battles also seems a good way to do this

Not true bud. I have a 1.6mil team without trading, WL, SB, or FP.
  • kentftw
    Mr_Dudes_x wrote: »
    If you can fit 84 Werner in then use him, he's incredible and cheap around 40k
    Mertens and jesus
    Nessy wrote: »
    MOTM Werner is incredible
    Gligor wrote: »
    IF Zaha strong good best

Thanks bros! will look at trying these guns out
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Alaba at LB
    Sterling/Willian RW (best you can afford)
    Aguero/Jesus/Wilson/someone else ST (with what’s left)

Definitely need to get Alaba, Bernat is proving suspect atm... but can't afford him right now. Any cheap replacement for Bernat in the meantime while I save for Alaba?
    I have 82 Sterling on bench coming on along with Jesus and IF Zielinski late in the game; Mahrez just feels so much nicer than him!

However I really want to try out Aguero so may save up for him

Do you think Alli would be a good enough boxtobox midfielder to replace Herrera in this team and accommodate Wilson for chem reasons?