How EA Works

tzinc
3003 posts National Call-Up
This is how EA works

They don't care about real football and they don't care about a good game or good customer service.

They care about you buying FP and increasing their profit margins to disgusting levels. THAT IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.

Why spend money improving the game when:
1) people keep buying a broken game
2) broken games generate more FP purchases

EA is voted one of the worst companies in the world repeatedly.

They stumbled onto FUT and turned it into a cash cow.
Everything they do is to get you to BUY FP.

Why all the continual screwups? Every move they make leads to worse results. Because ensuring quality in a game or customer service or in designing will cost them money to hire quality people so they hire scrubs who are clueless.

The key to FIFA is the licenses as long as they have them and the HYPE they will continue to screw us.

They are getting people addicted including children - that is unethical. They are basing a game on pay to play and pay to win - that is unethical. How proud one must be to work for a company that operates like your local crack dealer.

This is an example of unregulated monopoly capitalism at its worse and why we need govts to step in.

They tried the SAME BUSINESS MODEL with STAR WARS but those fans fought back. And now they might lose the franchise if only the FIFA community would do the same.

Bottom line it takes too long to play and trade to get the good players. SO ESSENTIALLY THEY ARE FORCING PEOPLE WITH REAL LIVES TO BUY FP!!!!!!!

And without the good players it is a different game believe me I have icons and I have the OPs and I know the score.

Comments

• I completely agree sir... unfortunately it will fall on deaf teenage ears. They just wanna win, they don't know why but they need to win..
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You are 100% right however the majority of fifa players today who are important to EA are fifa Fan FUT lovers who are aged between 12-17 and spend all their money on fifa points and this has ruined the game for everyone else.
  • MadhalaKiNGS
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No body sit next to you with rifle and tell you to buy fp. Buy if you want dont buy if you dosnt. Ea will keep on working without you and me... its what the company wants and need. Profits. Profits its what every company wants, all over the world.
  • OZero
    7159 posts Big Money Move
    Yet you are one of the most addicted player in this forum...I think that's why the problem will persist forever.
  • Dinksy
    2209 posts Fans' Favourite
    ofc you're right. But profits are profits
  • Alex_cr
    5888 posts Big Money Move
    I must have missed the memo about me having to spend my money on FP’s. I’ll get right on to it.

You, just like everyone else who have posted the same/similar rantings need to get a grip to be honest.

My children play Minecraft. There are add-ons on that you simply cannot get without spending money. Fifa gives you another way of achieving everything through playing the game.

All this rubbish about them not caring. Of course they don’t! They are a business. It’s their job to make money for their shareholders.

It’s not capitalism by the way. I sincerely suggest that you have a long hard think before you buy future releases as you clearly hate it.
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Imagine Call of Duty only offering additional map packs to the lucky few who by good fortune were able to pack them? Or players spending thousands in the hope eventually they may afford the extremely rare map packs... Or that people with so much spare time could trade their way to them, maybe you could be elite enough of a player to use the additional maps....

To be honest it’s ridiculous that people almost welcome the two tier status that the pack expense creates. Mirrors society and is very much the FIFA capitalist dream to have and own more than the next man.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Basically, why fix something when you still get payed the same. Unless people stop buying fifa points nothing will be fixed
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    The first time they stepped up was fifa 15 whe they shut guys down for making money off selling coins with the CAP we as a comunity have to come together and get them to do something, but we’ll have to do something drastic
  • Ishibum
    14918 posts World Class
    Sounds like some folk on here want to seize the means of production and all that jazz

:lol:
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everything in FUT exists to try to get you to spend money on FP. WL, Draft, and SBCs all exist to make you want to spend more and more on the game. Every promo exists solely to get people to buy packs. There are no modes that are just for fun.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2018
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    I have a real life with kids and wife, have a nice team with multiple icons and I don't spend a ton of timing trading or money.

So while I agree EA is scum I disagree you need to go to extremes to have a nice team.
  • NLocco
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2018
    This game holds together thanks to poor addicts who are feeding all rest player base with excitement.Simply!
  • MedallionFC
    86 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Play seasons... you'll enjoy it again. Won't be as interactive. But definitely more enjoyable being able to modify your positions and help your defenders to defend. I've probably gone from 100% FUT to 80% Seasons and 20% FUT.
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    My children play Minecraft. There are add-ons on that you simply cannot get without spending money. Fifa gives you another way of achieving everything through playing the game.

True, but I assume Minecraft does not have all the BS that Fifa has to make you think you need to, or EA hope, you buy points to improve your teams

Players in Fifa seem to have an expiry date in their performances that reflect their in game stats. They always perform well as a fresh purchase then gradually deteriorate into bronze players

• djvkool43
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All in the life of big corporations, no different to Microsoft really...
  • Alex_cr
    THJ71 wrote: »

True, but I assume Minecraft does not have all the BS that Fifa has to make you think you need to, or EA hope, you buy points to improve your teams

Players in Fifa seem to have an expiry date in their performances that reflect their in game stats. They always perform well as a fresh purchase then gradually deteriorate into bronze players

It’s a game that has mass appeal to children. Buy the game, you get a normal looking world with grass and trees and rock. But we’ll throw in a trial version of candy world - oh and here’s some Disney characters your player can be. But you’ve got to pay otherwise you play as ‘Steve’.

It’s exactly the same mate. Of course they want you to spend extra. You don’t have to though.

I don’t agree with this expiry of players. I’ve got players in my club that have played 800 games that feel no different to when I first started. Now there is some nonsense in the game, that’s for sure. But I also think we can be guilty of blaming our shortcomings on the game on the players we use. I mean, I think I’m relatively decent but have never finished above gold 2. There’s a reason for that and that is that’s how good I am. Because I accept that I never feel ‘well if I had Ronaldo I’d move up. I wouldn’t. There’s more to it, there’s my ability and some obvious nonsense going on.
  • Alex_cr
    djvkool43 wrote: »
    All in the life of big corporations, no different to Microsoft really...

This. This is where the discussion begins and ends really.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    THJ71 wrote: »

I disagree with the expiration of players. I have players with 300 to 500 games that still play great. I believe with the way the game is there are slumps and games where EA lessens your players and that makes impatient people like you sell over and over.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well said mate
  • Mr_Dudes_x
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    dylanmx wrote: »
    Basically, why fix something when you still get payed the same. Unless people stop buying fifa points nothing will be fixed

Agree with this 100% until we stop buying Fifa points all together nothing will change. Or a mass of people stop playing all together. I'm not talking thousands I'm not even talking 10,000 people. I mean 50,000+ plus. Maybe then EA will sort this game out