The J-A-C-K Lounge (J-League, A-League, CSL, K-League)

Comments

• Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    That was a lot more eventful match than I expected last night.
  • CosmicDance
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Okay, so a more comprehensive review on SBC Cristiano for any J-League supporters or just FIFA pace mongers.

23 games, all in WL and a couple post WL in the DKT. 42 goals, 7 assists.

X4QnwgG.jpg

Like I said before his first touch isn't great, unless you go the other way on the defender. You're through if they don't read it. I mean that in the way that he puts his first touch ahead of the defender and if he gets past there's no stopping him.

Strength is obviously ridiculous, you can throw pretty much any defender off. Only card I've had trouble with is Rio Ferdinand, but I guess that's to be expected

If you use a narrow, one striker formation he gets behind like no player I've seen. One through ball and he's in on goal. It can be difficult positioning wise to get him into place, but I guess that depends on your personal skill level.

Overall, he's stupidly underpriced as far as the SBC goes, I wouldn't swap him for any other striker on the game.
  • RayS
    25749 posts Player of the Year
    Okay, so a more comprehensive review on SBC Cristiano for any J-League supporters or just FIFA pace mongers.

23 games, all in WL and a couple post WL in the DKT. 42 goals, 7 assists.

X4QnwgG.jpg

Like I said before his first touch isn't great, unless you go the other way on the defender. You're through if they don't read it. I mean that in the way that he puts his first touch ahead of the defender and if he gets past there's no stopping him.

Strength is obviously ridiculous, you can throw pretty much any defender off. Only card I've had trouble with is Rio Ferdinand, but I guess that's to be expected

If you use a narrow, one striker formation he gets behind like no player I've seen. One through ball and he's in on goal. It can be difficult positioning wise to get him into place, but I guess that depends on your personal skill level.

Overall, he's stupidly underpriced as far as the SBC goes, I wouldn't swap him for any other striker on the game.

Awesome! I look forward to finishing the SBC
  • RayS
    @CosmicDance have you used either SBC Promes or SIF Lozano? If so, do you think SBC Cristiano would be better than either of them? I use those 2 guys as my current attacking subs. (Although, I suppose I could always sub all THREE of these guys on... that would be ridiculous!)
  • CosmicDance
    RayS wrote: »
    @CosmicDance have you used either SBC Promes or SIF Lozano? If so, do you think SBC Cristiano would be better than either of them? I use those 2 guys as my current attacking subs. (Although, I suppose I could always sub all THREE of these guys on... that would be ridiculous!)

Chucky I've tried and he's great as a super sub.

He's far off Cristiano though, they play different games.

Chucky you bring on if your opponents team is knackered (down on stamina). I've always used him as a CAM just behind the striker I'm using to play off and pace your way to glory.

I'd never play Cristiano in that role, he would have to be a striker and I never do that. I've never taken my striker off in place of another... That's just me though, god knows he'd probably be very effective, depending on what team you're running with.
  • RayS

Chucky you bring on if your opponents team is knackered (down on stamina). I've always used him as a CAM just behind the striker I'm using to play off and pace your way to glory.

I'd never play Cristiano in that role, he would have to be a striker and I never do that. I've never taken my striker off in place of another... That's just me though, god knows he'd probably be very effective, depending on what team you're running with.

Yeah good point. I could see him most effective as a straight striker pace sub option. I usually play a 2 man striker partnership with one guy as target man and the other as a pacey “get in behind” kind of guy. SBC Cristiano could be perfect for the latter.

Anyhow, once I do the SBC, I can build up my J-League best XI and he’ll surely be the star of the show.

Only problem... do I try to play him alongside IF Yu up top? Or drop Yu to CF or CAM? Or drop him altogether...
  • CosmicDance

Yeah good point. I could see him most effective as a straight striker pace sub option. I usually play a 2 man striker partnership with one guy as target man and the other as a pacey “get in behind” kind of guy. SBC Cristiano could be perfect for the latter.

Anyhow, once I do the SBC, I can build up my J-League best XI and he’ll surely be the star of the show.

Only problem... do I try to play him alongside IF Yu up top? Or drop Yu to CF or CAM? Or drop him altogether...

Okay, I need to do some squad building for this.

There's too many options.
  • CosmicDance
    I'd probably go with this.

D2o1Re7.jpg

Maybe Hasegawa instead of Podolski.
  • RayS
    I'd probably go with this.

D2o1Re7.jpg

Maybe Hasegawa instead of Podolski.

Oh dang that looks good! I might straight up copy that. Altho it would be neat to work in one or both of IF Bothroyd and/or IF Leandro...
  • No IF Zullo this week :((((
  • Ryno
    6196 posts Big Money Move
    Turner12 wrote: »
    No IF Zullo this week :((((

Was really looking forward to that card as well
  • RayS
    This round of DKT essentialy forced you to play a 1 nation team. So took my Japan team for a spin. Unfortunately fell at the first hurdle 3-1 to a mainly Spanish team. Didn’t have the heart to continue with my Japanese and US Teams
  • Ryno
    ACL 2018 Group Stage Week 2 kicked off last night with a few really good matches.

Ulsan beat Kawasaki 2-1 at home. Orsic is so good.

Kashiwa tied Tianjin 1-1. They conceded inside 85 minutes and had lots of chances. Another game were they dropped unnecessary points.

Jeonbuk beat Diego Forlan's Kitchee 6-0 with a first half hattrick from Adriano.

Finally, Oscar, Hulk and Shanghai beat Melbourne Victory 4-1. Was a cakewalk for them really.

Lots of good games!
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move

I believe so yes
  • CosmicDance
    J-League kicking back off today!

Vissel Kobe vs Sagan Tosu.

Should be a tight one.

That being said, what are your guys favourite JAK kits and badges?

Got to be Kashima Antlers badge for me and their kits are fantastic too.
  • RayS

Should be a tight one.

Yeah i’ve always like the Urawa and Kashima white kits. Currently rocking the Yokohama whites tho!
  • CosmicDance

Should be a tight one.

Yeah i’ve always like the Urawa and Kashima white kits. Currently rocking the Yokohama whites tho!

Kashima home kit is the greatest! Little cowboy hat on the back just for added effect.

I do like the Yokohama kits too though, especially since one of my favourite Japanese wrestlers rocks it on the occasion.

Ventforet Kofu kit for the worst! Looks like a 70's curtain.
  • RayS

Should be a tight one.

Kashima home kit is the greatest! Little cowboy hat on the back just for added effect.

I do like the Yokohama kits too though, especially since one of my favourite Japanese wrestlers rocks it on the occasion.

Haha yeah they’re pretty bad. Also, idk what “haku baku” means, i guess the name of some sponsor
  • RayS
    3839_E400-_DCE5-4555-8995-_C6932560045_A.jpg
  • CosmicDance

Should be a tight one.

Haha yeah they’re pretty bad. Also, idk what “haku baku” means, i guess the name of some sponsor

It's a noodle company as far as Google is concerned. I've had many Japanese noodle brands, but this one has eluded me.

Haku is a badass. Low Ki would understand ;)
  • Ryno

Should be a tight one.

Does this mean you dislike Tokyos new home kits this year? Love them personally
  • RayS

Should be a tight one.

It's a noodle company as far as Google is concerned. I've had many Japanese noodle brands, but this one has eluded me.

Haha yeah never heard of it @CosmicDance you have any dark colored J-League kits you like? Was lookin through the other day but ended up going with the Seattle Sounders dark blue
  • CosmicDance

Should be a tight one.

Haha yeah never heard of it @CosmicDance you have any dark colored J-League kits you like? Was lookin through the other day but ended up going with the Seattle Sounders dark blue

Melbourne Victory kit I rock on the occasion, being in Australia and all.

I do like the Albirex Niigata home kit too.
  • CosmicDance
    Ryno wrote: »

Should be a tight one.

Hell no, that looks classy as.
  • Ryno

Should be a tight one.

Hell no, that looks classy as.

Good taste then :wink:

If anyone knows anything about JLeague, Japanese soccer twitter normally does a thing before the season starts where they predict top 4 and bottom 3.

Mine was
    1. Cerezo
    2. Kashima
    3. Kashiwa
    4. Jubilo
    16. Shonan
    17. Shimizu
    18. Nagasaki

Anybody else want to have a crack at it?
  • RayS
    1. Urawa
    2. Kashima
    3. Kobe
    4. Kashiwa

16. Sendai
    17. Niigata
    18. Hokkaido
  • Ryno
    1. Urawa
    2. Kashima
    3. Kobe
    4. Kashiwa

16. Sendai
    18. Hokkaido

Niigata is in J2. The new teams are Shonan Bellmare, Nagoya Grampus and V-Varen Nagasaki. The teams to get relegated were Niigata, Omiya Ardija wnd Ventforet Kofu.
  • RayS
    1. Urawa
    2. Kashima
    3. Kobe
    4. Kashiwa

16. Sendai
    18. Hokkaido

Niigata is in J2. The new teams are Shonan Bellmare, Nagoya Grampus and V-Varen Nagasaki. The teams to get relegated were Niigata, Omiya Ardija wnd Ventforet Kofu.

OH lol... i pick Shonan then. For no reason in particular :D