Barça vs Chelsea thread

Comments

• Alex_cr
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    eRbz26 wrote: »
    are you guys joking..? how do you expect barca to play any other way, when all chelsea did was put every player they possibly could behind the half way mark lol must be frustrating for barca players to play a team not willing to compete but rather sit back and hope for a counter... it's a shame, but good teams find a way and that's exactly what barca did, chelsea just needed one mistake in their **** PTB tactic and it happened.. well deserved

Oh my word! They found a way!!! No they didn’t. Chelsea gave them a way.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    Coderood wrote: »
    riskywhat wrote: »
    Waspy wrote: »
    All this 'we' ref. Barca fans..... I'm curious how many of you are from Spain even..... ;-)

Yep. I wonder how many of these Barcelona fans actually have any reason for supporting them, apart from the fact they were / are the best team in the world. Glory fans :D

Most of them haven't even been to a game

Rofl. The irony. Why are all people here for Tottenham/Chelsea/Arsenal/ Man United instead of Huddersfield or Burnley?

Same reason. Although I don't think you can include Tottenham fans, they never win anything :D

• Alex_cr
    All this 'we' ref. Barca fans..... I'm curious how many of you are from Spain even..... ;-)

Yep. I wonder how many of these Barcelona fans actually have any reason for supporting them, apart from the fact they were / are the best team in the world. Glory fans :D

Rofl. The irony. Why are all people here for Tottenham/Chelsea/Arsenal/ Man United instead of Huddersfield or Burnley?

Hey now! Not all of us. Norwich City through and through here!
  • eRbz26
    1029 posts Professional
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    are you guys joking..? how do you expect barca to play any other way, when all chelsea did was put every player they possibly could behind the half way mark lol must be frustrating for barca players to play a team not willing to compete but rather sit back and hope for a counter... it's a shame, but good teams find a way and that's exactly what barca did, chelsea just needed one mistake in their **** PTB tactic and it happened.. well deserved

You gotta finish your chances tho...right? .. and barca sure did lol
  • CeeQue
    10761 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2018

Regardless of how they got it. They got the goal needed to possibly win the tie.
  • Coderood
    1658 posts Fans' Favourite

Hey now! Not all of us. Norwich City through and through here!

I like clubs like Norwich. Clubs like Norwich are not playtool for rich owners like Man City. They are still clubs for the real fans
  • Alex_cr

CeeQue wrote: »

Regardless of how they got it. They got the goal needed to possibly win the tie.

So just to get this absolutely clear... you guys think Barca did a good job tonight. There 800 sideway passes were amazing and their tempo was just fine???
  • Coderood

So just to get this absolutely clear... you guys think Barca did a good job tonight. There 800 sideway passes were amazing and their tempo was just fine???

Lol. What do you want if Chelsea parks the bus for 90 mins? I saw 10 defenders at 5/10 meter from Courtois. How are you going to creath a lot chances against that?
  • CeeQue
    10761 posts Has That Special Something

I don't think no true is happy about the performance. More thankful about the result.
  • Alex_cr
    edited February 2018

Lol. What do you want if Chelsea parks the bus for 90 mins? I saw 10 defenders at 5/10 meter from Courtois. How are you going to creath a lot chances against that?

I saw a team that held off in 2 organised banks because they knew if they pressed Barca they’d A) play right into their hands and B ) would be knackered. I saw a one dimensional team that had no plan other than to pass around and get the ball to Messi.

I saw a Chelsea team that despite supposedly having 10 men behind the ball managed to isolate Barca at the back. I also regularly in the second half saw both Alonso and Moses attacking in the opposition half. I saw Chelsea have double the attempts on goal that Barca had.

Look, I have no love for Chelsea. I’m just saying if I was a Barca fan I’d be looking at that performance and be seriously questioning what the plan was.

If they make it through this round, on that performance they’ll struggle against most of their potential quarter final opponents.
  • Alex_cr

I don't think no true is happy about the performance. More thankful about the result.

Ok, I get that completely.
  • Coderood

I saw a team that held off in 2 organised banks because they knew if they pressed Barca they’d A) play right into their hands and B ) would be knackered. I saw a one dimensional team that had no plan other than to pass around and get the ball to Messi.

I saw a Chelsea team that despite supposedly having 10 men behind the ball managed to isolate Barca at the back. I also regularly in the second half saw both Alonso and Moses attacking in the opposition half. I saw Chelsea have double the attempts on goal that Barca had.

Look, I have no love for Chelsea. I’m just saying if I was a Barca fan I’d be looking at that performance and be seriously questioning what the plan was.

If they make it through this round, on that performance they’ll struggle against most of their potential quarter final opponents.

Those chances that Chelsea got were all from counter attacks. Barca was leaving a lot of space behind them. That is why Chelsea was dangerous sometimes.

And like I said, its almost impossible to creath chances if a team like Chelsea has 10 men in defense. Even if you are Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

I am really curious what Chelsea will do now because Barca doesnt need to attack anymore.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

I mean, I started supporting Liverpool last season just because I like the way they play. You have to start somewhere, right? Although I guess my example isn't the best, I'm not really a "glory fan" since Liverpool are trash. :trollface:

No
  • eRbz26
    1029 posts Professional
    Rakitic said it best.. "it felt like a dodge ball game" hahahaha
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    This was painful to watch for long stretches of the game. Passing for passing’s sake, lucky to get the draw. Chelsea been better... Need to step it up big time at home
  • Kondziu_gb
    72 posts Park Captain
    I felt like I was watching Barca vs Spanish league team from the bottom of the table. Barca trying to make something and opposite team park the bus and praying for counter. Boring as f.

Sorry for bad english.
  • Elliot666
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great finish that

And there you go, stick your 90% possession up your ring piece, its a pointless stat if it doesn't affect the game

it did effect it lol
  • Elliot666
    Leessa wrote: »
    City are so far ahead of Barca its not even funny. Im a Utd fan so that terrifies me...

im a united fan and would love to see that game.!
  • Elliot666

barca did good, got a away goal against 10 defenders.. that's not easy :lol:
    Had to be messi to hes a god
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Elliot666 wrote: »

It was an easy finish, at least for any top player.
  • Alex_cr

Kondziu_gb wrote: »
    I felt like I was watching Barca vs Spanish league team from the bottom of the table. Barca trying to make something and opposite team park the bus and praying for counter. Boring as f.

Sorry for bad english.

You think Chelsea were praying? You don’t think they went in with a game plan? Come on man!

In the premier league, Chelsea press from the front. Last night they sat back because if they press they leave space for Barca to attack in. They should have scored more.

I like possession football as long as it’s with a purpose. I just didn’t get that impression last night.
  • Alex_cr

You’re deluded if you think Barca did good last night. Remember, Chelsea are fourth in the prem. I would imagine the remaining managers in this tournament will be looking at that and thinking Barca ain’t such a bad draw in the quarters.
  • Elliot666
    Footfan wrote: »

hmm I don't think it was as easy as everyone makes out, had to be curled in the bottom corner, a lot of people would have just hit that and hoped.
  • Elliot666

You’re deluded if you think Barca did good last night. Remember, Chelsea are fourth in the prem. I would imagine the remaining managers in this tournament will be looking at that and thinking Barca ain’t such a bad draw in the quarters.

don't forget barca play one style, possession, they will pass/ pass / pass until they see an opening, might be boring sometimes but now Chelsea will have to attack.. watch barca score 2-3 even 4 goals in spain.
  • Alex_cr

Footfan wrote: »

hmm I don't think it was as easy as everyone makes out, had to be curled in the bottom corner, a lot of people would have just hit that and hoped.

Come on mate! I’d have buried that!
  • Alex_cr

don't forget barca play one style, possession, they will pass/ pass / pass until they see an opening, might be boring sometimes but now Chelsea will have to attack.. watch barca score 2-3 even 4 goals in spain.

Chelsea don’t have to attack. They can sit in again and wait for Barca to overplay and give them the ball. It’s 90 minutes and Chelsea only need to score once.

I’m not saying Chelsea will win. What I am saying though is play like that and they go out at quarter finals.
  • Elliot666

Chelsea don’t have to attack. They can sit in again and wait for Barca to overplay and give them the ball. It’s 90 minutes and Chelsea only need to score once.

I’m not saying Chelsea will win. What I am saying though is play like that and they go out at quarter finals.

well they do have to attack lol, because barca scoring is almost certain. id love to see more BPL teams in the semi/quarters so on but barca are going to win it.
  • Alex_cr

well they do have to attack lol, because barca scoring is almost certain. id love to see more BPL teams in the semi/quarters so on but barca are going to win it.

Well in your eyes Chelsea didn’t attack last night yet had more shots on goal than Barca. So why would they play any different.

As for Barca winning it. If they do I’ll live stream me eating my Fifa 18 disc.
  • Elliot666

Well in your eyes Chelsea didn’t attack last night yet had more shots on goal than Barca. So why would they play any different.

As for Barca winning it. If they do I’ll live stream me eating my Fifa 18 disc.

I meant win the tie lol probs get to semis / maybe finals, real are looking strong in UCL as always.

yes but they did not have to score.. a lot of there shots were from outside the box.

Chelsea have to score so he will set up his team different. don't forget barcas ground is bigger, more space for them to tika-taka, they have the crowd behind them, if you think Chelsea are going to knock barca out then god bless you lol but we will see.
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Barca has grinded a result at every big away stadium this season and have comfortably won at home against big teams.