DKT Matchmaking

stevotrueblue
1070 posts Professional
On PS4 at least seems to be weighted towards the WL regulars. This was the theory one of my mates had last season.

Last season I qualified fairly early on and got gold 1/2 most weeks and therefore auto-qualified. I never bothered after that with DKT for the sake of a kit or a gold pack,, but as the weeks went on my mate who struggled to qualify started to complain that he always got matched up against teams full of IF's and specials etc.

When they brought out the TOTS reward players for winning a DKT I played them again for that,, and with my two squads that were full TOTS and IFs I noticed that I almost always got drawn against standard gold teams. It never really felt fair but well at least I always got the TOTS reward players I was after,,, but made me think my mate might have had a point.

This year I am on the other side of the fence having only got the game a couple of weeks ago. My team is all gold standards,, no IF's no ICONS, no specials,, rated about 84,, and now all I seem to get drawn against is these fully beefed up teams.

I pretty much know if I get to the Semi or the Final it will be against a team full of ICONS or whatever. Happened again and again last night

Comments

  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Since qualifying for the WL about 5-6 weeks back I have noticed I find the DKT a less intimidating proposition. Might be confidence that you know you can compete. I can almost guarantee that once you qualify, you’ll probably win it easier again. I know people say maybe you shouldn’t play if you have already qualified, but personally I think it’s the best gameplay/mode available during the week. The match ups feel very random to me up until the final that clearly is ranked. Have faced some very expensive full icon sides, but also played finals where the person just has Jamie Vardy up front.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I always finish Gold 3 or Gold 2 in WL, yet I REALLY struggle with the DKT. I face MUCH harder teams in it than I do across 40 WL games (Faced R9 probably 5 times in the DKT, never ever seen him in WL).

    I was already of the opinion it was easier to get 18 wins in WL than win the DKT, but now they've lowered auto qualification to 11 wins, they really should look at the DKT. I saw with Madden they're giving you 12 attempts instead of 8 now, but that might not help. Getting to the semi final or final each run is 3-4 games, and it all means nothing if you don't win.

    Personally I'd like them to just scrap it, let everyone into WL (the matchmaking means it wouldn't really have an affect on anyone else as eventually the newer people that could never qualify before would just end up being matched against eachother), and leave the DKT there to give out cool rewards.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2018
    Scrapping DKT and full entry is a bad idea. Two reasons, firstly the servers would mean gameplay would be very laggy, secondly people would pub stomp the first 5 games a lot of the time. Am no elite player myself, but I think WL benefits from being a certain level.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    They can't allow anyone in WL because they have limited dedicated servers capacity, they're already struggling now.
  • Corwin
    49 posts Park Captain
    For me 1) In DKT is momentum more than in any othery game mode
    2) 3rd and 4th match are always against some Icon's squad.

    So imo Ppl who are qualified to LW from last LW - shoud automaticly get bonuses from DTK,and should not be allowed to take part in DKT.

    Also - matchmaking should be fixed.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    Some WL players wanted that Hashtag kit :D
  • stevotrueblue
    1070 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    Some WL players wanted that Hashtag kit :D

    I got no problem with WL players taking part for the kits or whatever,, I did it myself last year for the TOTS players,, my point is it just needs balanced more fairly.

    I didn't really enjoy knocking out standard gold teams last year either with a team of TOTS players but thats who I got put against. Its almost like its designed to keep the rich clubs richer.

    How difficult would it be for the matchmaking to be more fair and take into account the rating of someones team, beforehand? ,and when I say that I mean the 11 they have selected from the start,, hate those who instantly sub on Messi and Bale etc or have a whole Bronze bench just to bring down their overall rating.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    Because this mode is called Ultimate Team, not The Best Team You Can Afford.
  • Corwin
    49 posts Park Captain
    maksi wrote: »
    Because this mode is called Ultimate Team, not The Best Team You Can Afford.

    what does your post got to matchmaking?
  • Mc_chigby
    1063 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    They can't allow anyone in WL because they have limited dedicated servers capacity, they're already struggling now.

    'Struggling'... yet trying to increase participation in the weekend league by dropping the requirements to auto qualify each week don't really match up. The servers are just trash atm, numbers within the WL are worse than last year, or so I am told to believe from peoples polls etc.
  • Corwin
    49 posts Park Captain
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    maksi wrote: »
    They can't allow anyone in WL because they have limited dedicated servers capacity, they're already struggling now.

    'Struggling'... yet trying to increase participation in the weekend league by dropping the requirements to auto qualify each week don't really match up. The servers are just trash atm, numbers within the WL are worse than last year, or so I am told to believe from peoples polls etc.

    Sorry but I work in company that takes care about servers infrastructures. Making anything for EA in AWS or any other cloud with autoscalling is easy, and not so expensive - but someone in company need to know that they NEED cloud infrastrucrue and how to develop it. :)
  • SuperSonicSean
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    I made G3 like I do every weekend (always 1 win short of G2) and I failed to win that hashtag kit. Idk what it is about that kit, but I was facing insane teams in the last 2 rounds. Lost the final 3 times to teams with insane red players and icons across the board.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure what this is about matchmaking...

    To your example - if you just started the game and have NIF golds and are getting matched up against stacked teams it's because those players have been in the game for 4-5 months already and have gotten to that point with their squad.

    Matchmaking if done correctly shouldn't be matching you based on team rating or what kind of cards you have - it would be matching you with players that have roughly the same skill ranking you do. But in the context of the DKT it is a tournament so there shouldn't be any matchmaking involved... it should just be finding you an opponent at the same phase of the tourney as you are without regard for team rating or skill rating.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Not sure what this is about matchmaking...

    To your example - if you just started the game and have NIF golds and are getting matched up against stacked teams it's because those players have been in the game for 4-5 months already and have gotten to that point with their squad.

    Matchmaking if done correctly shouldn't be matching you based on team rating or what kind of cards you have - it would be matching you with players that have roughly the same skill ranking you do. But in the context of the DKT it is a tournament so there shouldn't be any matchmaking involved... it should just be finding you an opponent at the same phase of the tourney as you are without regard for team rating or skill rating.

    word
  • MacGyver
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    maksi wrote: »
    Some WL players wanted that Hashtag kit :D

    Discarded mine
Sign In or Register to comment.